Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MCSA where now..

Options
  • 29-06-2009 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭

Hi all,

Currently have mcsa and hope to do further MCPs to get MCSA Security and Messeging.

However after this I do not know whether to go on and finish MCSE or do Linux + first.

Im currently at Level 1 technical support and want to do something that will enhance cv and get me to the secong level.

I uinderstand I may be over qualified for desktop support with MCSA but want to do all I can to get a move on career.

Also Ive got Security+

Currently studying for mcsa security and messaging what certs should I include on cv?

Any help would be great,

Thanks
    Noel

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

noel123ie wrote: »
    Hi all,

Currently have mcsa and hope to do further MCPs to get MCSA Security and Messeging.

However after this I do not know whether to go on and finish MCSE or do Linux + first.

Im currently at Level 1 technical support and want to do something that will enhance cv and get me to the secong level.

I uinderstand I may be over qualified for desktop support with MCSA but want to do all I can to get a move on career.

Also Ive got Security+

Currently studying for mcsa security and messaging what certs should I include on cv?

Any help would be great,

Thanks
    Noel
    You need to get some experience because otherwise you will end up with a load of certs listed in your CV but no actual experience to back them up.

What you might want to try and get is a Junior Network Administrator position of some sort that way you will get access to a live production site.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭noel123ie

I understand that but want to keep on cert trail while I am going well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

try ccna, that will balance your knowledge of desktop with networking - then specialize in an area

Advertisement