Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Colour of magic + Light fan.

• 29-06-2009 11:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭

Is there much more to the books than there is in the sky one thing on them? I'm gonna guess yes, but I kinda skipped them and was wondering if there's much point in going back to read them :confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,538 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Is there much more to the books than there is in the sky one thing on them?

Yes, and better executed too. A lot of the humour only works in literature and is lost on the screen.
    I'm gonna guess yes, but I kinda skipped them and was wondering if there's much point in going back to read them :confused:

Well, only so much point as there is in reading any Terry Pratchett book. If you like Terry Pratchett, you'll probably like those two books. If you don't like his other books, you probably won't like them. They are not crucial to an understanding of the other Discworld books, or even the Rincewind books (as long as you know he's a crap wizzard they make sense), but they explain a lot.

Advertisement