Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Instrumentation techs out there

Options
  • 29-06-2009 11:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭

Alright, Anyone doing instrumentation at the moment in the oil and gas industry. Keep getting calls to go as a instrumentation tech to jobs around the world, Have no formal qualification as one one, but have been doing it hands on for nearly 2 years.

Can anyone recommend a course to do besides doing a 4 year college course.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 fjh79

FAS were doing an instrument upskilling course a couple of years ago with a guy called Nigel De Haas. I did it in Sligo with him. It was run as a 5 day course over 5 weeks. Not sure if its still being done. Theres also a crowd in Middlesborough called Roxby doing instrumentation courses. Theyre 1 week long and quite expensive but look like very good courses. Ill have a look for their numbers I have them somewhere.
    Any chance could pass on a few numbers.I have about 5 years experience in Oil and Gas work between commissioning and construction and not too pushed about where I work. PM me if you like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 fjh79

Nigels number is (0)23 885 6896. Hes trading under the company name DH Controls. As for Roxby their number is +441642438700. Best of luck with it.

Advertisement