Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Men only

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

schumacher wrote: »
    the_syco wrote: »
    They can run the route, but they cannot take part.

Why do they bother? A lot of people on this thread are giving out about women complaining about men setting up their own groups and excluding women and when women do the same its the men that are trying to take part. :p Its obviously not just women who have a problem so. ]

They get a lot of money for charity, that is why I guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Ragana22

Im not even interesting in places for mens...we all can guess what about they talk...dont feel any discrimination..But...thats so far while nobody dont say,that ladys cant talk about cars...:D

One thing that somewhat gets my gears is the way some women always bang on about equal rights in the workplace but then insist on me, a gent with a severely bad back, picking up some box for them just because they're girls (yes, this excuse has been given to me numerous times).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

One thing that somewhat gets my gears is the way some women always bang on about equal rights in the workplace but then insist on me, a gent with a severely bad back, picking up some box for them just because they're girls (yes, this excuse has been given to me numerous times).

Would you not insist that you have a bad back and you can't? And what the hell has that got to do with equal rights?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

WindSock wrote: »
    I know someone who likes to spend her free time dropping (unused) tampons into the holes in Portmarnock Golf Course. :pac:
    Why? Wouldn't that piss off the female member as much as the male? Also, they clearly have no concern for the grounds staff, that would be obliged to remove them.

Next time you are talking to them - tell them I called them inconsiderate dicks, please. They are not cool, they are littering. What utter knobs. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Ok. I'll tell her Zulu from the internet thinks you're a knob.

Do. And try to encourage her to stop littering while you're at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

I did find that post a bit bizarre, I have to admit....

Zulu wrote: »
    Do. And try to encourage her to stop littering while you're at it.

Ah come on now, thats asking a lot. Right after she hears a guy insulted her from the internet I have to tell her what do with herself? I don't even think she has that much free time to be honest ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭The Orb

WindSock wrote: »
    I know someone who likes to spend her free time dropping (unused) tampons into the holes in Portmarnock Golf Course. :pac:

That's appalling..............a woman on the links.....next time I'm playing a few holes if I see her she'll get a well hit ProV1 in the arse.:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

sar84 wrote: »
    Curves is a womens fitness group. Im only speculating but id guess if there was a real interest from men to join theyd probably set up a male class.
    Thaedydal wrote: »
    Because there is not an old girls network

Perhaps women should setting up an old girls network or a women only golf club.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Smyth

So women like curves because they're not comfortable doing whatever they do there in front of men. Fair enough, but don't try and take that same thing from us.

It's the same in the golf course. Men like to sit together, fart, smoke and act like the chauvinistic pigs we are. It's a time to blow off some steam and do some male bonding. Let the belt buckles loosen and pick our noses without judgement or scrutiny...something which we wouldn't feel comfortable doing around women. It's the same reason you have curves.

We've nothing "against" women. It's just the male mentality. Instilled in the majority of men since they were boys.

To the person saying that if men really wanted to join curves, they'd start their own, I say to you - why not start your own club. I can assure you that you would have no men banging down the doors of your clubhouse to get in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Did curves not try to set up a male section, called "Cuts"?

I remember seeing it advertised next to the Curves sign, at the gym by the Walkinstown roundabout

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭bakkiesbotha

Why? Wouldn't that piss off the female member as much as the male? :rolleyes:

There aren't any female members. And no wonder, if this is how they behave on the links.

Did curves not try to set up a male section, called "Cuts"?

I remember seeing it advertised next to the Curves sign, at the gym by the Walkinstown roundabout

I think that might have been "C_nts"

There aren't any female members. And no wonder, if this is how they behave on the links.
    Are you sure? I understood there were no full members who were women, but there were female members.

Are you sure? I understood there were no full members who were women, but there were female members.

No, there are no female members of any stripe. In fact, the rules are so strict about women that even members' wives have to enter the dining room through the kitchen, as they are forbidden to walk through the member's bar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭I'lllearnye

And is it true that 'breast of chicken', 'leg of lamb' and 'jugs of beer' are all disallowed terms in the dining room due to the fact that those words remind the male members of the female species? I heard of a golfer before who came out in horrific boils when he saw the words 'bearnaise sauce' on the menu....the poor man thought it read 'bare knees sauce'. He'll only be truly right again with years of counsellling or so I her...sorry, hear.

Very, very poor attempt at humour.

0/10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭I'lllearnye

Good god, my silly post affected you to the extent that you felt the need to mark it out of ten? :confused:

Unbelievable!

• Advertisement

Good god, my silly post affected you to the extent that you felt the need to mark it out of ten? :confused:

Unbelievable!

Yeah, the lads in this thread take their golfing very seriously, it seems. Makes you wonder if there is any messing or joking 'with the lads' on the course at all :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

bakkiesbotha and i'lllearnya... if you have nothing of conversational worth th add please do not post. consider your selves warned.

jules

Advertisement