Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

littlewwoods

Options
  • 29-06-2009 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭

hi, on the littlewoods ireland website they offered this Compaq mini desktop with 21.5in monitor €69.99
    i have ordered one.if they posted the wrong price (which i think they did) do they have to honour the quoated 69 price

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

An ad is an invitation to buy, they don't have to honour the price on the site.
    This is probably stated in their T&C too somewhere.

Hope you get it though.

Btw, see more here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2055606244

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

By right they should honor it if your payment method was deducted for the agreed amount

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

smodgley wrote: »
    if they posted the wrong price (which i think they did) do they have to honour the quoated 69 price

In short, no.

Their advertisement is an 'invitation to treat' and it is not legally binding upon them.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭smodgley

dudara wrote: »
    In short, no.

Their advertisement is an 'invitation to treat' and it is not legally binding upon them.

they offered an invitation at a certain price i accepted ,they sent an email comfirming the order at the agreed price of 69

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

ssshhhh...

They may not notice it as the item is shipped direct from the supplier.

I ordered one too. (Just in case they don't notice!) Any chance this thread could be deleted until we see if it arrives?;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭smodgley

mcaul wrote: »
    ssshhhh...

They may not notice it as the item is shipped direct from the supplier.

I ordered one too. (Just in case they don't notice!) Any chance this thread could be deleted until we see if it arrives?;)

hahahahaha:):)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

they offered an invitation at a certain price i accepted ,they sent an email comfirming the order at the agreed price of 69
    Still not enough; the deduction on your credit card would though as they can argue that the e-mail is automated and connected to the incorrect price in the add and in their system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭BuddhaJoe

they offered an invitation at a certain price

They didn't, you did. Now its up to them if they want to accept your offer.

Still doesn't matter. Until payment is processed, it's still open.

Even when payment is processed, if they can prove that it's a genuine error on their part, they can refuse the transaction. (See the Aer Lingus fiasco that happened a while back).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,210 ✭✭✭mel123

dudara wrote: »
    Still doesn't matter. Until payment is processed, it's still open.

Even when payment is processed, if they can prove that it's a genuine error on their part, they can refuse the transaction. (See the Aer Lingus fiasco that happened a while back).

there is already a big thread on here about this, its a pricing error and they have already let some people know that they will not be honoring it...and by law they dont have to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭dasilverfox

my missus ordered a 3 in 1 buggy which was advertised as 39.99euro. the next day the price was corrected to 630euro. we got ours 2 weeks later. the same buggy is advertised on mothercare's website for 730euro. we did receive a confirmation email, so if you received one they have to send it out to you at that price.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭dasilverfox

sorry we did get it for 39.99euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭darc

my missus ordered a 3 in 1 buggy which was advertised as 39.99euro. the next day the price was corrected to 630euro. we got ours 2 weeks later. the same buggy is advertised on mothercare's website for 730euro. we did receive a confirmation email, so if you received one they have to send it out to you at that price.:D

so many "experts" in consumer law!!

They don't HAVE to honour the deal. Quite clearly stated in their T&cs. They sent the buggy to you out of goodwill. If they send any computers out it will be by way of good will and nothing whatsoever to do with consumer rights / joe effin duffy or anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,923 ✭✭✭✭Basq

darc wrote: »
    so many "experts" in consumer law!!

They don't HAVE to honour the deal. Quite clearly stated in their T&cs. They sent the buggy to you out of goodwill. If they send any computers out it will be by way of good will and nothing whatsoever to do with consumer rights / joe effin duffy or anything else.
    Spot on sir!

I've it covered in the Littlewood's thread - see post here. Sick of hearing all these wild claims to be honest!

we did receive a confirmation email, so if you received one they have to send it out to you at that price.:D

I'll repeat this once more. They do not have to send it to you even if you've received a confirmation email.

Actual payment (or debiting of the credit card) is usually the point of no return but even then that can be cancelled IF they can prove that they made a genuine error.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

This thread is on Today FM now :)

Hello Radio !! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Before the thread was closed in Bargain Alerts someone said he ordered it and asked for it to be shipped express delivery. He said DHL had just delivered it and he had signed for it. That true? Anyone else do that?

deisedevil wrote: »
    Before the thread was closed in Bargain Alerts someone said he ordered it and asked for it to be shipped express delivery. He said DHL had just delivered it and he had signed for it. That true? Anyone else do that?
    Sounds like utter crap tbh..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Here's the post here. I reckon he's yanking our chain.

And the fella who was gonna pick up his from Compaq's warehouse hasn't reported back either.

I'd be surprised if anyone ends up with a PC from this.

Ron DMC wrote: »
    Is this post here for real? Can anyone else confirm that they have recieved the order or is the poster taking the pish?
    Of course he's taking the piss.. there's alway one in a misprice thread of this magnitude.
    And to the fella who was going to pick up his order yesterday afternoon from Compaq, did he actually get his hands on the machine?
    He said further down thread he was joking.. there was no option to collect it from Compaq! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

And the fella who was gonna pick up his from Compaq's warehouse hasn't reported back either.

I'd be surprised if anyone ends up with a PC from this.

He was taking the mickey.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Dongasaurus

I waited around this morning before work to collect it (package tracking is great :D), didn't even get a chance to open it.

I'll post pics this evening

Will give you the benefit of the doubt so Dongasaurus.

But you can surely understand our sheer disbelief! :)

Fair fecks if you did get it..

I waited around this morning before work to collect it (package tracking is great :D), didn't even get a chance to open it.

I'll post pics this evening

Yeah, I really won't believe it 'til I see it.

And make sure the front page of one of today's papers is in the photo. :D

And make sure the front page of one of today's papers is in the photo.
    Excessive.. much? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭eightyfish

*LOL*

Please make it a selection of papers, one can be photoshoped too easily. Also, scan a copy of your delivery docket. Plus get some sort of formal declaration drafted up by your solicitor if you don't mind. Then... people might believe you.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭elainee40

Surly you can put a screen print of the tracking as you can do it online ??

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

Yeah, I really won't believe it 'til I see it.

And send it to the Today FM studios as well.
    Lets see if D'arcy will get back to Littlewoods with proof that they honoured at least 1 of them.

basquille wrote: »
    Excessive.. much? :D

Forgot to add a smiley.

/edited.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,000 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

And send it to the Today FM studios as well.
    Lets see if D'arcy will get back to Littlewoods with proof that they honoured at least 1 of them.

More a case of one slipping through the net than them honouring anything.

Advertisement