Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

littlewwoods

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,556 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Why not photograph it working showing Boards on the monitor :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

o1s1n wrote: »
    More a case of one slipping through the net than them honouring anything.

Yeah, fair fecks to him if he did get it. No one else thought of getting it shipped by DHL. Smart move is what it was.
    Let's not report him to the radio or Littlewoods and have them take it back on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,923 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Ron DMC wrote: »
    Let's not report him to the radio or Littlewoods and have them take it back on him.
    I'm on the phone to the Internet police right now! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

basquille wrote: »
    I'm on the phone to the Internet police right now! :pac:

internet%20police.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Mayoegian

According to The Consumer Information Act 1978 you are entitled to that price. It is their mistake, and if they try to charge you at that price report it to the Director of Consumer Affairs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,923 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Mayoegian wrote: »
    According to The Consumer Information Act 1978 you are entitled to that price. It is their mistake, and if they try to charge you at that price report it to the Director of Consumer Affairs.
    facepalm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Both my orders are showing as cancelled now on Littlewoods order tracking page. Missed littlewoods phonecall to home address as I had put that down on account, looks like the dream is well and truely ended! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭portumna

Just rang there and they said all orders of these computers were frozen and are being cancelled as the actual price is €639. Now i know €69 was crazy but €639 is awfully high for a basic enought spec. It's only £439 on their uk site.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

majiktripp wrote: »
    Both my orders are showing as cancelled now on Littlewoods order tracking page. Missed littlewoods phonecall to home address as I had put that down on account, looks like the dream is well and truely ended! :(

One of the guys in work just got a phone call saying his order was being cancelled.
    A few minutes later another guy (whose order had been processing since 11am yesterday) got a confirmation mail and his account in littlewoods just got updated to accepted and a delivery date.
    I don't think anyone is going to get them, but they are really handling it terribly.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

Aye, my order has now changed status to "Credit Rejected".

The dream is over

gazza-crying.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

It was all a marketing scheme!! There website got so many fúcking hits.
    There's bound to be some idiots that end up browsing other sections and buying junk. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

Just got a call from Littlewoods saying that the price was incorrect, so the order has been cancelled.

Not really a surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,943 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

What about those of us who got in when the original thread was only 2 pages long though? Im still hoping ¬_¬

If that guy who asked for expedited delivery posts pics of the pc he got Ill need a new pc because this one will be in bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Just got a call from Littlewoods Uk, informing me that the price was incorrect and asking if I wanted to cancel. I asked woud they honour the offer. She said no. I cancelled.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Ditto here also

the actual rrp on the littlewoods site is absolutely crazy though.
    I doubt they will ever actualy make a legitimate sale for it ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Thargor wrote: »
    What about those of us who got in when the original thread was only 2 pages long though? Im still hoping ¬_¬

If that guy who asked for expedited delivery posts pics of the pc he got Ill need a new pc because this one will be in bits.

I was in on it on the first page, " Credit Rejected".

• Registered Users Posts: 17,943 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Im still being processed, only a matter of time though I think :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

i cant see anywhere on the site that says you can speed up delivery times, can you?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭eightyfish

Im still being processed, only a matter of time though I think :(

mine still says "Order Accepted" but only a matter of time, yes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

eightyfish wrote: »
    mine still says "Order Accepted" but only a matter of time, yes.

My 2 orders say the same thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭polyfusion

Yes, it's only a matter of time. Logged in just now, and see "credit rejected", it was "processing" half and hour ago.

And a missed call on my phone, with a UK number ending ....4878000. Shysters!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Daemonic

'Credit Rejected' as well...ah well, no need to take time off next Monday after all :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

polyfusion wrote: »
    Yes, it's only a matter of time. Logged in just now, and see "credit rejected", it was "processing" half and hour ago.

And a missed call on my phone, with a UK number ending ....4878000. Shysters!

Had the same missed call also...no message left though. :(

If they do ring again, I'm gonna rip them a new a$$hole, rip off ba$tards

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

portumna wrote: »
    Just rang there and they said all orders of these computers were frozen and are being cancelled as the actual price is €639. Now i know €69 was crazy but €639 is awfully high for a basic enought spec. It's only £439 on their uk site.

Yep - 46% more for the Irish price compared to the UK. Think this tells us a lot about that site.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭elainee40

flanzer wrote: »
    Had the same missed call also...no message left though. :(

If they do ring again, I'm gonna rip them a new a$$hole, rip off ba$tards

You all knew you wouldnt get them so why get annoyed with them, im sure whoever put up the mistake on their website got enough of a talking too as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Cr8or

Littlewoods just canceled my order.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Hehehehehe it must be costing them a small fortune to call us all back to cancel the order!

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Ms Happy

My status just changed to "card rejected" They shouldn't use that terminology, it should be something like "order cancelled please contact....." Card rejected would freak some people out....

Think I'm doubley pissed off as I wasn't just trying to buy the PC, I had ordered some clothes too and they've cancelled them too. (And before anyone says it my card it fine :pac: ) I won't be placing the order for the clothes again. They've not handled this one to well.

The feckers......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

Just got the call to say order cancelled.

Poor girl sounded tired. She said there were over 2000 customers they needed to call and thanked me for being so nice as a lot of people were trying to claim consumer rights and all that.

So to those still to get the call, take it on the chin and have a laugh with the poor customer service gorls who have had to deal with joe duffy types all day.

Advertisement