Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

littlewwoods

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

They just rang me. It's over. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭eightyfish

Ms Happy wrote: »
    My status just changed to "card rejected" They shouldn't use that terminology, it should be something like "order cancelled please contact....." Card rejected would freak some people out....

Are you sure it wasn't "credit rejected"?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,923 ✭✭✭✭Basq

My account still says 'Order Accepted' but awaiting a phone call any minute now.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Ms Happy

eightyfish wrote: »
    Are you sure it wasn't "credit rejected"?

No defo "card rejected" couldn't believe it at first, logged onto the oul' internet banking to make sure all was ok and my cc hadn't been r*ped!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Zorba

According to the site my order is still being processed, still i'm assuming the game is up so just waiting for the call !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭portumna

Just checked there and the mini desktops are back up with th 21.5" @ €549 and the 19" @ €499. That would be a little more like a normal price. I'm just bamboozled as to how they managed to put up €69 instead of €499. Its not as if a digit was missed or a decimal point was wrong. Thick cnuts!

portumna wrote: »
    I'm just bamboozled as to how they managed to put up €69 instead of €499. Its not as if a digit was missed or a decimal point was wrong.

Have to agree, sounds like it was all just a sham, some kind of ploy to get traffic on their site & people talking etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Cr8or

Would anyone who purchased and had their order canceled like to make a statement for the *snip* a newspaper?

DM me.

Cr8or wrote: »
    Would anyone who purchased and had their order canceled like to make a statement to the Irish Examiner?
    "I like cheese!"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

Anything actually worth buying on the site? Seems I've got €400 credit sitting in my account but everything is extremely expensive compared to other places. Seems like the only safe thing to do is to close the account before I purchase some over priced crap whilst pi$$ed at the weekend. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

basquille wrote: »
    "I like cheese!"

LoL :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17 lisa087

So far i've received no cancellation email or phonecall and it still says order excepted in my tracking order section. Don't know if this means anything but i have noticed in the terms and conditions section that they have stated: "if any pricing errors occur they will contact me prior to the order being accepted to confirm the correct price." They didn't contact me about price change and my order got accepted. will be waiting for my phonecall anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 547 ✭✭✭iseethelight

Mine have gone to credit rejected too. Makes me feel like I have no credit rating. No phone call or email though, don't understand why they are phoning people, they should just generate an email and send it everyone.

On another issue I wonder if the op in bargain alerts had said nothing and just ordered the pc would they have got it. Perhaps all the orders 200+ I think now makes it impossible to honour, but if there had only been 10 or 20 would they honour for pr sake?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 lisa087

I think its possible they would of honouring it if it was only a small amount of orders. but so far so good with me, nothings after changing with my account, still on order accepted. does anyone know what the consumer rights on this is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

Where's my Order?

Order 29/06/2009 €69.00 PR402 COMPAQ MINI DESKTOP WITH 21.5IN ONE COLOUR ONE SIZE Sorry, no longer available

I got a Sorry No Longer available message in the last 5 min

Lisa essentially they are entitled to cancel the order if they discover a pricing error prior to dispatch as per their t+c's. The contract between you only begins when you take delivery, although in reality that would be when its sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Still no change of status on my order. Purchased within a few minutes of the original thread going up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Still no change of status on my order. Purchased within a few minutes of the original thread going up.

Cancellations maybe going last in first out way?

So you'll be one of the last to know...?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

BVB wrote: »
    Where's my Order?

Order 29/06/2009 €69.00 PR402 COMPAQ MINI DESKTOP WITH 21.5IN ONE COLOUR ONE SIZE Sorry, no longer available

I got a Sorry No Longer available message in the last 5 min

What time did you order at?
    Ricky91t wrote: »
    Cancellations maybe going last in first out way?

So you'll be one of the last to know...?

Looks that way, mine is showing as Accepted and no phone calls from them. I've had my account a good while with them so maybe they are going after the new customers first.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Lisa essentially they are entitled to cancel the order if they discover a pricing error prior to dispatch as per their t+c's. The contract between you only begins when you take delivery, although in reality that would be when its sent.

Just read up on this. They can claim a mistake on the price, but to do this they must get a court order confirming their genuine mistake (otherwise evreyone could do it as they please)

So if they cancel it without actually having a court order confirming genuine mistake then is it not illegal for them to cancel it?

I won't hold me breath but I'm gonna say it to them if they call me anyways, just for the craic, lol.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

jonny24ie wrote: »
    What time did you order at?

Looks that way, mine is showing as Accepted and no phone calls from them. I've had my account a good while with them so maybe they are going after the new customers first.

I ordered my at 3pm yesterday and got this message today at around 4:30pm
    But I got order accepted this morning and now they are not available
    that can't be right

Just got a call from a courier saying they've an item from Littlewood's they'll deliver tomorrow..

.. it's probably my computer desk though! ;)

deisedevil wrote: »
    Just read up on this. They can claim a mistake on the price, but to do this they must get a court order confirming their genuine mistake (otherwise evreyone could do it as they please)

So if they cancel it without actually having a court order confirming genuine mistake then is it not illegal for them to cancel it?

I won't hold me breath but I'm gonna say it to them if they call me anyways, just for the craic, lol.

I'm no expert but its the first time I've herd of a court order being required to confirm a mistake. How would the court know its a mistake? Do they just blindly believe the retailer and if so whats the point?

Have you a link to this info?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Did anybody who ordered one of the systems with 19in monitor have their order cancelled yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

Ordered 3 of the 19" systems yesterday evening well after people had started taking the p1ss by using the 20% off code for clothing to get the price down to 55 quid (not to sell, i'll just be the best uncle ever this year).

Anyway no confirmation email but my order is still there as "Order Being Processed" and MY VISA HAS BEEN CHARGED (I double checked it wasn't just a hold on funds with visa customer services, it's been authorised and is on my account) so technically I've paid for them now !

Will see what happens when/if they call but not going to push it so long as they refund me my credit card interest for however many days the 207 quid has been on my card before they spot it !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 audrena

ordered 3 of the 19" yesterday, have order accepted on tracking and confirmation e mails.......am enjoying the whole drama of it all if nothing else lol..oh and have had account for ages so wonder if that will make a difference

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

DonJose wrote: »
    Did anybody who ordered one of the systems with 19in monitor have their order cancelled yet?

No, not yet, but it's just a matter of time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 audrena

oh i soooooo spoke too soon.....cant access my account anymore :rolleyes: ah well was fun while it lasted...shall wait for my phone call :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

I waited around this morning before work to collect it (package tracking is great :D), didn't even get a chance to open it.

I'll post pics this evening
    Where's the pics and post a pic of the delivery doc too :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭Xcellor

Anyway no confirmation email but my order is still there as "Order Being Processed" and MY VISA HAS BEEN CHARGED (I double checked it wasn't just a hold on funds with visa customer services, it's been authorised and is on my account) so technically I've paid for them now !

Same with me. I ordered the 21 inch and also a cupboard. I checked with my CC company and they told me the amount was charged in full... So does this mean I have more room to argue? :)

X

Advertisement