Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

littlewwoods

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

vectra wrote: »
    Dongasaurus posted the DHL delivery post earlier today I think ;)
    confucious says "tinner needs to learn to use quote tags".
    basquille wrote: »
    I'm sure they're well aware of us! ;)

Well, they will be now.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,923 ✭✭✭✭Basq

They cancelled my girlfriend's 'Sex And The City' boxset too..

.. gonna ask to be removed from their database when they call. As:
    • A cancelled PC is understandable
    • A cancelled DVD boxset with no reason or call notifying me
    • Waiting 2 weeks for a computer desk which had expected delivery of over a week ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

deisedevil wrote: »
    Just read up on this. They can claim a mistake on the price, but to do this they must get a court order confirming their genuine mistake (otherwise evreyone could do it as they please)

So if they cancel it without actually having a court order confirming genuine mistake then is it not illegal for them to cancel it?

I won't hold me breath but I'm gonna say it to them if they call me anyways, just for the craic, lol.

I believe this only happens if the contract has been formed. At the moment, no-one who ordered the PC has a contract, as far as I am aware.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,556 ✭✭✭✭vectra

My account is still saying Order Accepted
    Delivery date 6-07-09
    Payment taken from my Littlewoods account
    No phone call yet :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

penexpers wrote: »
    I believe this only happens if the contract has been formed. At the moment, no-one who ordered the PC has a contract, as far as I am aware.

Does them taking payment from your credit card not constitute a contract ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Does them taking payment from your credit card not constitute a contract ?

Not according to their T+C

"Your order will be accepted by us (and a contract will then be formed between us) when we despatch the goods to you. Title to the goods will pass to you on delivery."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

.. gonna ask to be removed from their database when they call. As:
    • A cancelled PC is understandable
    • A cancelled DVD boxset with no reason or call notifying me
    • Waiting 2 weeks for a computer desk which had expected delivery of over a week ago

I have exactly the same issues as you, plus they owe me 111.20 for a wardrobe I cancelled nearly 4 weeks ago. The man I was talking to this morning was clueless, really, really clueless.....he kept on saying that I didn't pay for the wardrobe, and I kept on saying I am looking at it in black and white on my visa bill....its all still up in the air? No offence to anyone, but where do they employ these people from. The fact that they left the mispriced pcs on the site for so long makes you wonder about are any of them the full shilling at all. Now, saying that I have ordered others things from them that arrived quickly and as described, but this whole scenario is making me very, very angry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭eightyfish

lindtee wrote: »
    The man I was talking to this morning was clueless, really, really clueless.....he kept on saying that I didn't pay for the wardrobe, and I kept on saying I am looking at it in black and white on my visa bill

This is slightly worrying. I ordered the PC once to my home address - rang and cancelled the order (which was no problem) and re-ordered to my work address. The second order is currently open, but I have two unconfirmed charges from them on my CC as things stand.

I don't expect the PC, I don't even think we should be entitled to it, but it was worth a try. Also it's not necessarially the staff's fault - they ain't bad - the company's right hand doesn't seem to know what the left hand is doing.

(Chorus NTL - now there's a company full of people of questionable intelligence, compassion, sympathy, tolerance, patience or understanding.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

vectra wrote: »
    My account is still saying Order Accepted
    Delivery date 6-07-09
    Payment taken from my Littlewoods account
    No phone call yet :o

Same here.. ordered the 19"

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Stevo105

They called me on the phone today telling me that they would not send out the PC for that Price... they told me i must of know it was a misstake, i told them that it was only a mini pc..lol

well nice try anyway :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Ah crap, I ordered the PC out of herd mentality but I thought the Sex And The City boxset was a legit order, the missus wont be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭quinnie123ie

my theory is that they wanted to get thier figures up at the very end of Q2 to get all there bonuses and keep shareholders happy - no problem having to refund all the money today, start of Q3.

Also, how much interest would they get from the bank for having this money resting in their accounts for 3 days?

i think we were all fooled, i am closing my littlewoods account where i have been a customer for years they can F*** right off now!!!

APR 30%

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

eightyfish wrote: »
    This is slightly worrying. I ordered the PC once to my home address - rang and cancelled the order (which was no problem) and re-ordered to my work address. The second order is currently open, but I have two unconfirmed charges from them on my CC as things stand.

It takes 3-5 days for a charge to be reversed, even though it can be placed instantly. They also might not have actually charged the card, but just put an inquiry on it, which would put that on hold. When they don't follow through, the hold is released. If you're checking online, it looks like a charge, but it'll not actually be applied to your card.

This could be how they're arguing that it's not a contract. If they never actually make the charge, then it isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

E-shoppers pounce for €69 PCs

"SHOPPERS thought they had landed the bargain of the year when Littlewoods were offering a home computer and monitor for €69 on its Irish website.

Those who spotted the deal moved quickly to scoop up the Compaq mini desktop that was also on sale on the British website for £469 (€550).

However despite some shoppers receiving order confirmations Littlewoods the company said the price displayed on the website was done so in error and it would not be selling the computers for €69.

It contacted customers affected and said it would be offering them a refund.

The Consumers’ Association of Ireland said retailers are entitled to make mistakes and offer a refund to customers for the original price paid.

However, the error sparked a lengthy internet discussion with many shoppers saying they felt they should get the computer for the price that was advertised.

One shopper said he "chanced his arm" and bought three computers while another said he purchased one but had "absolutely no use for it".

The offer is understood to have stayed on the Littlewoods website for 24 hours but was removed yesterday.

Littlewoods failed to reply to queries asking how many people purchased the computer.

This is not the first time that mistakes have appeared on Irish websites. Earlier this month a mistake on Argos’s Irish website priced two corner couches at €119, which prompted eagle-eyed consumers to scoop up the offer.

However, as they waited for delivery of the sofa they were contacted by Argos, who told them the price was €1,199.99."

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/eshoppers-pounce-for-euro69-pcs-95301.html

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Doodee wrote: »
    were yee lot contacted from a +44 1204 878000 number?

My account now says 'Credit rejected'

Thats the number that called me.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Ray D'Arcy, Irish Examiner, Consumer association of Ireland.

These misprices don't usually generate this sort of heat.

DonJose wrote: »
    Those who spotted the deal moved quickly to scoop up the Compaq mini desktop that was also on sale on the British website for £469 (€550).

No mention in the paper about the actual price for Irish consumers, €639. The VAT difference doesn't account for it, and shipping from the same warehouse in the UK rules out all the other cost differentials too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭polyfusion

mick_irl wrote: »

Any other way of getting there? I'm getting a "Session Expired" page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭daveyboy_1ie

I got the 'Credit Rejected' message on my littlewoods account but NO contact at all from Littlewoods. If and when they do call I will be taking that particular issue up with them, purely on princple as thats wrong. The mistake on prices was 100% their issue, I did nowt wrong but order a cheap mini PC LOL.

It was fun whilst it lasted but how many of us truly expected it to happen when it said that the delivery was not till 06th july? :D

• Advertisement

That PC was some piece of sh1t in any case.

It has the specs of a netbook.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

jayteecork wrote: »
    That PC was some piece of sh1t in any case.

It has the specs of a netbook.

Wasn't the PC I was interested in , the 21.5" monitor that came with it was Full 1080 HD and was worth the price on its own by a long shot, the PC was an aside that could have been tinkered around into a media server or the likes....ah the dreams, the dreams of it all...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Zorba

Got a missed call from that 0044 number today and my order has been cancelled on the website, oh well was nice while it lasted !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭funnyname

Zorba wrote: »
    Got a missed call from that 0044 number today and my order has been cancelled on the website, oh well was nice while it lasted !

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

DonJose wrote: »
    E-shoppers pounce for €69 PCs

"SHOPPERS thought they had landed the bargain of the year when Littlewoods were offering a home computer and monitor for €69 on its Irish website.

However despite some shoppers receiving order confirmations Littlewoods the company said the price displayed on the website was done so in error and it would not be selling the computers for €69.

It contacted customers affected and said it would be offering them a refund.

The Consumers’ Association of Ireland said retailers are entitled to make mistakes and offer a refund to customers for the original price paid.

However, the error sparked a lengthy internet discussion with many shoppers saying they felt they should get the computer for the price that was advertised.

One shopper said he "chanced his arm" and bought three computers while another said he purchased one but had "absolutely no use for it".

The offer is understood to have stayed on the Littlewoods website for 24 hours but was removed yesterday.

Littlewoods failed to reply to queries asking how many people purchased the computer.

This is not the first time that mistakes have appeared on Irish websites. Earlier this month a mistake on Argos’s Irish website priced two corner couches at €119, which prompted eagle-eyed consumers to scoop up the offer.

However, as they waited for delivery of the sofa they were contacted by Argos, who told them the price was €1,199.99."

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/eshoppers-pounce-for-euro69-pcs-95301.html

A reporter from the examiner was on this thread looking for a quote....sadly he didn't use Basquille's.....
    "when asked to comment, one angry internet forum user who had his order cancelled along with his girlfriends sex and the city boxset said
    I LIKE CHEESE
    "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

read the terms and conditions. what i heard though is their offering refunds to those who ordered it at the wrong price.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,923 ✭✭✭✭Basq

A reporter from the examiner was on this thread looking for a quote....sadly he didn't use Basquille's.....
    "when asked to comment, one angry internet forum user who had his order cancelled along with his girlfriends sex and the city boxset said "
    Indeed.. I'm disgusted they didn't use my quote! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭givyjoe81

Thats the number that called me.

Rang me too, except the cheeky b*stards didnt seem to have any intention of actually talkin to me, phone rang for literally 3 seconds, and as soon as i answered they hung up!

lol, despite a genuine pricing error this has doen huge damage to Littlewoods Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭tombull82

funnyname wrote: »
    +1
    +1+1

Advertisement