Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

littlewwoods

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Aye Carumba,what a rollercoaster eh!? I ordered a 19inch for the craic, and on my account it still says order accepted + delivery 6th July ,no phone call,no email,no nothing!

Poor form Littlewoods,poor form! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,923 ✭✭✭✭Basq

donmeister wrote: »
    Aye Carumba,what a rollercoaster eh!? I ordered a 19inch for the craic, and on my account it still says order accepted + delivery 6th July ,no phone call,no email,no nothing!

Poor form Littlewoods,poor form! :mad:
    You're just probably at the end of a very long list mate!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭podge3

donmeister wrote: »
    .... and on my account it still says order accepted + delivery 6th July ,no phone call,no email,no nothing!
    +1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

basquille wrote: »
    You're just probably at the end of a very long list mate!

True, its just I'd like to be put out of my misery,im a hopeful type of guy! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Originally Posted by Santa Claus
    A reporter from the examiner was on this thread looking for a quote....sadly he didn't use Basquille's.....
    "when asked to comment, one angry internet forum user who had his order cancelled along with his girlfriends sex and the city boxset said "

First time I read this, I thought they had cancelled his girlfriend's sex!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Similar thing happened to Dell in Taiwan

Full story here

Taiwan orders Dell to honor $15 monitor mishap

It's not exactly all that uncommon for Dell to misprice an item on its website and, if you're lucky, it might even honor it. But it looks like the stakes have just been raised considerably in Taiwan, where the company recently listed a 19-inch monitor for NT$500 (or about $15US) and promptly received more than 26,000 orders for close to 140,000 of the monitors. Now, ordinarily, Dell would simply send out a polite email explaining their mistake and call it a day, but Taiwanese regulators have now stepped in and ordered Dell to honor the misprice after receiving a couple of hundred complaints. For its part, Dell simply says that it plans to "compensate the buyers for the mistake," although it's not clear if that means it'll actually be sending out the monitors -- which, incidentally, would add up to more than $20 million at their full list price.

So Dell were forced to honour the price-mismatch.

Wish Littlewoods would honour their price-mismatch :(

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

swingking wrote: »
    Similar thing happened to Dell in Taiwan

Full story here

Wish Littlewoods would honour their price-mismatch :(

lol @ that Dell story!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

I'm as angry as hell with these f*****s. It turns out that someone else who cancelled their wardrobe got their refund within 5 days and I am still waiting nearly 4 weeks later. I'm getting on to them again in a while and if I don't get any joy, I am getting on to bank to do a charge-back. Pissed off at the reaction I got from them yesterday about the matter:mad: Also going to threaten Joe Duffy on them:pac::pac:

PLUS, I didn't get any call telling me that the pc and sex and the city box-set were misprices:mad::mad: Am I not important enough for them to ring me?:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭eightyfish

lindtee wrote: »
    PLUS, I didn't get any call telling me that the pc and sex and the city box-set were misprices:mad::mad: Am I not important enough for them to ring me?:pac:

They don't know the extension for Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

I rang up to cancel my account and was told ok ... you still MIGHT receive spam for up to 9 weeks! I was not a happy camper with the drone and mentioned the Compaq fiasco as the main reason.The more that do this the better imho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

I cancelled my account and put down over pricing as my reason to close down the account, here's the reply I got:
    We are sorry that you find our goods overpriced.

Some items may seem overpriced, but our customers find this way of shopping very convenient . Our payment terms fit in with their needs.

They are able to purchase items and pay monthly, where normally they would not be able to afford to buy as they don't have the cash available.

Your recent order for the Compaq Mini Desktop

We try to make sure all our website prices are correct. Unfortunately however, mistakes do sometimes occur. At the time your order was placed the price of the item was incorrectly listed at £55.20

The correct price is £519.00

Please let me know if you would still like the item and I can order it for you at the correct price.

Mistakes like this are most unusual and so I apologise for any disappointment this mistake may have caused you.

I look forward to hearing from you.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,556 ✭✭✭✭vectra

eightyfish wrote: »
    They don't know the extension for Cork.

Thats possible as they didnt ring me yet and still down for a 6th July delivery :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,923 ✭✭✭✭Basq

vectra wrote: »
    Thats possible as they didnt ring me yet and still down for a 6th July delivery :D
    Or Sligo clearly..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭E30i

Or Wexford

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

Same here order still "accepted" no phone call email nothing!!!!

Also got the new winter littlewoods catalogue this morning...So I think they did it to get new names & addresses... Straight in the bin..

Straight in the bin..

80e8Please-Recycle-Sign-196586.jpg

:)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Still waiting for them to call or cancel. Also I noticed they updated the look of their mainpage today. :D

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Still waiting for them to call or cancel. :D

Same here
    Delivery date is still set for Monday 6th
    mr_burns.jpg

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Same here, no phone call yet and orders accepted, I have orders in for 2 x PC's with 19" monitor and a Sex And The City boxset.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Still order accepted and no call. When I called them day before yesterday they said an order had gone through for items to be despatched. Looks like that wasn't the case after all. Just seems like they blocked everything and are calling everyone up, just taking their time getting to everyone.

Has anyone actually had theirs delivered at all? No? Ya, didn't think so, it's not looking good is it :(

• Advertisement

deisedevil wrote: »
    Has anyone actually had theirs delivered at all? No? Ya, didn't think so, it's not looking good is it :(

No, but everyone had the same date, this coming Monday. This is like placing tiny amount of money on a bet with ridiculous odds.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,425 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Ordered something on the evening of the 29th of June. Haven't received a confirmation of this order, though when I was ordering it said estimated delivery July 8th. Just logged onto their website now and it says "Credit Rejected" which is odd as the item was only €30 and I'm not anywhere near over my credit card limit. I did not receive an email mentioning the rejection.

Just called them, they can't find me on their system because they can't find my phone number even though it's in my details on their website. She asked for an account number, but I didn't get one via email and can't see one on the website.

Hmm.

Edit, they said the order was rejected due to a pricing error so I'll have a look for it again...and that size is now out of stock. Ah well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭daveyboy_1ie

DonJose wrote: »
    Same here, no phone call yet and orders accepted, I have orders in for 2 x PC's with 19" monitor and a Sex And The City boxset.

Wonder if you will get it? :D heres hoping....................

Wonder if you will get it? :D heres hoping....................

Delivery Date is next Monday.. Wouldnt that want to be going out tooday/tomorow ?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

vectra wrote: »
    Delivery Date is next Monday.. Wouldnt that want to be going out tooday/tomorow ?:rolleyes:

It would yeah..

Well i've had no phone call or email from littlewoods yet and i'm just after logging on to littlewoods and i ordered the sex and the city boxset on June 22nd - it says "Order Accepted" and delivery due on Monday.

I highly doubt i'll ever see the dvds...shame!

dlambirl wrote: »
    sex and the city boxset

Would everybody please stop mentioning the sex and the city box set! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

eightyfish wrote: »
    Would everybody please stop mentioning the sex and the city box set! :rolleyes:

satc-window.jpg

:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

my pc order was canceled today, no call or email

SITC boxset had an original delivery date of 7th july, but it now says expected 9th july,

brightkane wrote: »

Ditto.

That was fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

brightkane wrote: »

SITC boxset had an original delivery date of 7th july, but it now says expected 9th july,

Same here, PC's cancelled, no phone call no email. My Sex And The City boxset still shows order accepted with delivery date of 8th July, it was 6th July earlier.

Advertisement