Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

littlewwoods

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,556 ✭✭✭✭vectra

brightkane wrote: »
    my pc order was canceled today, no call or email

SITC boxset had an original delivery date of 7th july, but it now says expected 9th july,
    eightyfish wrote: »
    Ditto.

That was fun.

When and what time did ye order ?
    I ordered on 29th June at 13.51

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭podge3

Mine cancelled today also.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Just checked my account there and both are cancelled too!:(:pac: Interestingly enough I ordered a duvet set for 3 euro (which has now dispatched) and its up on the site now for 34!! I have heard of other people getting other mis-priced items delivered before they tell all and sundry on the internet. So the moral of the story is, if you see something on Littlewoods that is ridiciously cheap, snap it up and tell no-one. ;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Has anyone had any hassle trying to close their Littlewoods a/c?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Finally got the a/c closed after about 8 emails, and this is what was included in the closure email:
    I have put through your closure request and can advise it can take up to 90 days to completely remove your details from our mailing lists. So if anything received during this time please recycle it.

Thank you for your patience and help this afternoon.

Kind Regards

Online Customer Services

90 Days?????????

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

That seems to be a catchall to take into account mailing runs etc. I can't remember where but I got a similar message before.

Order still showing as accepted.
    Wonder what will happen tomorow.. ( delivery date 6th July ) :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17 lisa087

They cancelled mine on Friday without any phonecall or email 1st. even though it was a mistake they still cant cancel an order without trying to contact me 1st

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭Xcellor

What the hell is up with this company. I ordered the PC 69.99 one and something else correctly priced. Payed and have got my cc charged. The order stats say Credit Rejected and I have no refund on my CC. I tried calling but after 25 minutes on hold I got sick of waiting.

This is really poor service. It seems like they have cancelled the order which had correctly priced items on it without even letting me know and for no reason. I'm pissed. No I wasnt expecting the 69.99 PC but I wasn't expecting my whole order to be cancelled without a phone call :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

My CC still saying E69 pending. Not looking good for a dispatch tommorow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

Mine cancelles dismorning was due for delivery today, no phone call or email. It was the 19 inch.

Mine cancelles dismorning was due for delivery today, no phone call or email. It was the 19 inch.

My dream has died..
    * CANCELLED * :mad:

NEXT.! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

Just after checking my order and its still accepted but the delivery date is changed from the 6th (today) until the 23rd.....

Must be giving themself some time so they can ring me to tell me of the mistake :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Mine has been changed to "expected delivery on the 23rd of July" too.I'll eagerly await my phonecall so.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

My order has not changed once throughout the whole ordeal! Ordered on the 29th July, Offer Accepted and Delivery Date is still 6th July!

Anyone know how to delete your account with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

I'll definitely be deleting my account with them if i dont get the SATC boxset. Was really excited about getting it and even seen a piece of clothing in the catalogue that I'd love to get my mother and sister - but after this mess I wont shop with them again/

• Registered Users Posts: 33 lolipop2005

I wasn't convinced i would get the pc's when i ordered 2 on monday at lunchtime (29th June) but what annoys me more now is that they have just cancelled the order without even an email to say so!

I already had an account with littlewoods but didn't buy regularly but will probably not buy much more unless its a resonable price as i too find the prices a bit much considering alot of the items are 2 seasons old to begin with!

anyways it was worth a shot to see if we could get them but heyho!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

For those of you that ordered the price mistake laptops last week and paid by credit card, littlewoods have reserved funds on your card and it can take up to 30 days for the reserve to be lifted.

A reply to my query from littlewoods simply said that "funds are reserved at time of order and if the order is cancelled it may take up to 30days for the reserved funds to be cancelled"

So, you order the laptops & pay by CC. They cancel the laptops, but won't cancel their right to take the funds out of your credit card for a further 30 days, thus you cannot use these funds.

Utterly stupid.

AVOID Littlewoods at all costs!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Welease

I hate to say it, but maybe all those who are complaining might not be so quick to try and cash in on an obvious mistake next time....

Karma anyone? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Welease wrote: »
    I hate to say it, but maybe all those who are complaining might not be so quick to try and cash in on an obvious mistake next time....

Karma anyone? :)

thats not the point. the point is its littlewoods mistake, but the consumer gets inconvenienced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

thats not the point. the point is its littlewoods mistake, but the consumer gets inconvenienced.

Having ordered from Littlewoods' catalogue i'm pretty sure this is mentioned in the terms and conditions.

But y'all won't have read the T&C's in your haste to buy a clearly mis-priced laptop, eh? ;)

Yes Littlewoods made a mistake, but 99.9% of all people who ordered would have known it was a mistake and tried to cash in on the mistake like vultures.

Those who are now inconvenienced are in that position because they tried to benefit from an obvious mistake. I would imagine the numbers of people who tried to benefit are clogging the system as they are all getting phone calls/emails etc. dealing with the problem which means it takes longer to rectify the situation. But again, if they didnt try to benefit from the mistake it wouldnt be an issue.

Maybe it's just me.. but it makes me laugh with all the indignant posts on the boards regarding this.. People whining on and on about being inconvenienced when they probably didnt bother to read any T&C's (where I imagine its mentioned). They don't seem to have any issue with trying to benefit from other peoples mistakes though.... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭daveyboy_1ie

T&C's aside, whats wrong is wrong and there is no way that this is user friendly. I have been shopping online for over a decade and never heard such a ridicolous policy. will be steering clear of them in future I am afraid.

lindtee wrote: »
    I'm as angry as hell with these f*****s. It turns out that someone else who cancelled their wardrobe got their refund within 5 days and I am still waiting nearly 4 weeks later. I'm getting on to them again in a while and if I don't get any joy, I am getting on to bank to do a charge-back. Pissed off at the reaction I got from them yesterday about the matter:mad: Also going to threaten Joe Duffy on them:pac::pac:

PLUS, I didn't get any call telling me that the pc and sex and the city box-set were misprices:mad::mad: Am I not important enough for them to ring me?:pac:

I sent them a message through their site, it was very strongly worded and indeed did threaten Joe Duffy amongst other things! Anyhow I got this back on Saturday
    Thank you for your email about your account.

We are sorry to hear that you have had problems with your order.

Unfortunately it appears that we were unable to immediately cancel your order. However I have now refunded this order back to your card.

If, after 14 days, your account has not been credited, please complete a refund request form or ring us on 08448 222 321.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience that has been caused.
    And the Money was refunded today to my account, 4 weeks waiting and all it would have taken was a snotty message threatening Joe Duffy on them to get my Money back:pac::pac:

But I don't think I've been refunded for the SATC Boxset:mad::mad: yet so me thinks another snotty email is in order

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

I am waiting for them to cancel my SATC boxset,
    on a side note, anyone thats ordered other stuff successfully from them, can you confirm that they put a shipped on your order status?

brightkane wrote: »
    I am waiting for them to cancel my SATC boxset,
    on a side note, anyone thats ordered other stuff successfully from them, can you confirm that they put a shipped on your order status?

It would say order despatched or words to that effect beside the item

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭bob123456

In my account is says Order Despatched even if I've returned the item or the item has arrived. It never seems to change.

T&C's aside

Well you can't say T&C's aside.. thats part of the contract you make when try and buy, no point in ignoring it because it doesn't suit you now..
    whats wrong is wrong

Are you speaking ethically or morally? ;) Thin ice if you consider the issues exists from trying to profit from an honest mistake. :P

The reality of the situation is.. yeah it probably sucks for some people to have the money locked out for 30 days.. but next time they might think twice before trying to profit at someone elses expense. Legally or morally they really don't (imho) have a leg to stand on. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45 evil.monkey84

I ordered 3 at the time, but they cancelled my order the next day via phone call and today they send me letter to my house to say that i have problem with credit card and base on that they canceled my order!

They are a mess!:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,274 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Got a letter today, asking me to contact them re. my account?

Can't really be wasting my credit calling them though can I... might email them a spider

b12e_1.GIF

Advertisement