Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

littlewwoods

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

Thats a good move from them i got an email too. Thread still got me 25% off so its still a bargin alert i reckon :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

So they've given everyoone a 25% discount to be used in the next week? But the money everyone spent already won't be refunded by then?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

Re: SATC Boxset

Did anyone get a letter in the post??

I got one yesterday and thought it was a letter saying that my order was cancelled but to my surprise it wasnt!! It said that they were having troubles with their suppliers and that my order would be sent on July 23rd (a delay of 3weeks)... Hey once i get the boxset i'm happy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,000 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Just in case anyone isn't aware, this 25% discount applies to your whole order and not just one item. So buy loads :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

o1s1n wrote: »
    Just in case anyone isn't aware, this 25% discount applies to your whole order and not just one item. So buy loads :D

Thats good to know! Am awaiting a replacement credit card, and have a huge list of things to buy, including school uniforms and all sorts. Never thought I'd get the pc anyway so its all good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,000 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Its a good offer alright. I'm suprised they didn't just give a 25% discount on that particular PC.

Was going to buy several Samsung NC10s but decided in the end that I was just being greedy and should leave them for someone else. They come to around 336 after the discount. I've been meaning to get one for a while now and am glad I waited. That's a Great price.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,274 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Well my new order from tuesday says credit rejected beside it... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

dlambirl wrote: »
    Re: SATC Boxset

Did anyone get a letter in the post??

I got one yesterday and thought it was a letter saying that my order was cancelled but to my surprise it wasnt!! It said that they were having troubles with their suppliers and that my order would be sent on July 23rd (a delay of 3weeks)... Hey once i get the boxset i'm happy!!

I got the letter too.It says mine will be here by the 14th.I'll be astounded if it really does come.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,923 ✭✭✭✭Basq

My SATC boxset was cancelled.. and money refunded.

Yet they sent me a letter saying my order was delayed, awaiting stock from suppliers blah blah!

basquille wrote: »
    My SATC boxset was cancelled.. and money refunded.

Yet they sent me a letter saying my order was delayed, awaiting stock from suppliers blah blah!

And hope is dashed again. :(

My order has not been cancelled yet but if everyone got the letter then it probably means nothing at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭pandamoanium

Hey guys,

Sorry to be cheeky but if there's anyone on this thread who got a 25% voucher code and don't think they'd be using it would you find it in your heart to pass it on to someone (i.e ME :D) who'd make great use of it?

Thanks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 brazen_dude

Pandamoanium, its XX409

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

chilly wrote: »
    I got the letter too.It says mine will be here by the 14th.I'll be astounded if it really does come.:)

So the 14th has come and gone - Did it come??

dlambirl wrote: »
    So the 14th has come and gone - Did it come??

Nope it didn't come but another letter arrived this morning saying that they're sorry for the delay and that it will arrive by the 23rd. I'm keeping the hope alive for now! :)

EDIT: it says the dvds have been despatched on the tracking page of the website now!The money has been taken from my cc too.Looks like it might come after all!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

Littlewoods are some joke. I placed an order using the discount the day before it ran out. Came back saying credit rejected. I queried why they said my card issuer has refused. Never happened in all my years buying online. Contacted the bank they say littlewoods never attempted to charge.

Contacted littlewoods they say the discount has expired on the order. They have honestly been the worst company I have had the mispleasure of dealing with (including Ericom!!). I was ordering over €1000 of stuff and saving a bit with the discount but even a recession it is not worth dealing with this incompetant bunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭podge3

Littlewoods have still not refunded me for this order (I paid by credit card)

They cannot refund my credit card directly for some reason and keep fobbing me off with "the cheque is in the post" excuse.

This crowd really are a bunch of chancers :mad: :mad:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Credit card charge back, or Small claims for your money. There's no reason to let them fob you off with anything, they have your money, and you're entitled to it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭3DataModem

They don't have your money. They don't set the 30 days. Funds were reserved by YOUR card issuer and it's not costing you anything. If it's taking up space on your card that may be an inconvenience, but that's all.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

3DataModem wrote: »
    They don't have your money. They don't set the 30 days. Funds were reserved by YOUR card issuer and it's not costing you anything. If it's taking up space on your card that may be an inconvenience, but that's all.

Its more than that - it could be stopping you using funds if you are nearing your credit limit.

Yes, but in these circumstances most cc companies will temporarily increase your limit by the amount of the pre-auth. If you are a customer in good standing.

• Advertisement

Yes, but in these circumstances most cc companies will temporarily increase your limit by the amount of the pre-auth. If you are a customer in good standing.

And you are basing this assumption on...?

Re: assumption it can be done

I'm basing this assumption on the fact that I did it twice, with different CC companies (AIB and UB). Also working in major Irish bank and reviewing their lending policy. Also currently currently working in online payments business for one of the larger credit card merchants.

Re: assumption OP is in good standing

Benefit of the doubt?

:)

Re: assumption it can be done

I'm basing this assumption on the fact that I did it twice, with different CC companies (AIB and UB). Also working in major Irish bank and reviewing their lending policy. Also currently currently working in online payments business for one of the larger credit card merchants.

Re: assumption OP is in good standing

Benefit of the doubt?

:)

Well given my experience of cc companies I would never give them the benefit of the doubt. Several times on holiday I have found that they have blocked the payments in my interests of course! I would hate to be attempting to pay for a flight in a hurry! And thats just one example.:rolleyes:

Funny how the ads never show them blocking a payment even when you are in good standing:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭rash0001

This thread has been created to follow up on any issues the customers have regarding "making false claims about the price, characteristics and availability of a product or service".

The latest example of which has been posted here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 smcgovern

Dear Customer

Thank you for e-mailing Littlewoods Irelandwith your comments.
    All customer feedback is welcomed.

It proves invaluable to us when we look at improving our service to our customers.
    Please be assured your comments have been noted.

We can confirm you should have received an e-mail, confirming your order had been cancelled.
    Please also accept my apologies for any inconvenience or disappointment you may have felt. Our aim is always to help you enjoy the best in home shopping with Littlewoods Ireland.

Kind Regards

Tracey Callaghan

Online Customer Services

That was after my 4th or so mail giving out, I never got a mail to say it was cancelled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭rash0001

Just so that everyone knows the facts of this case I have outlined why this may not be a misprice etc...

- The product in question was sold before at the given price and was out of stock till the 9th February. So this cannot be a misprice as they had over a month to update the price and they also sold it at the lower price.

- Loads of people actually got their products at the lower price inspite of littlewoods insisting that it was a misprice and NO ONE received the products.

- I received three different emails each time with a different excuse the first being that it was a misprice, the second being that it was out of stock and the third being that the products were never available and it should not have been on the website and has now been taken off.

When speaking to littlewoods I was told that NO ONE received their products and I also have the emails from them that state this.
    We try to make sure all our website prices are correct. Unfortunately however, mistakes do sometimes occur. At the time your order was placed the price of the item was incorrectly listed.

Mistakes like this are most unusual and so I apologise for any disappointment this mistake may have caused you.

We can confirm that no one would have received the item in question at the lower incorrect price.
    I am not aware of any of the orders being dispatched out at the incorrect price, If you have any further questions, just let me know - I'll be happy to help you.
    We always aim to offer the best possible to service to all of our customers.

Unfortunately however, mistakes do sometimes occur. In these circumstances we will cancel all orders before they are due for despatch.

I can confirm that no one would have received the item in question at the lower incorrect price.

A full refund has been issued to your Credit Card.

Please accept my most sincere apologies for the inconvenience you have been caused.

If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Once again we are extremely sorry for this unexpected situation

UPDATE - Below is the latest email I received a while ago:
    Thank you for your email , i am sorry your order was declined the suppliers canceled your order as it is no longer in stock .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

This is from their t&q's
    3.2 Whilst it is our intention to keep our website up to date and error free, product description or pricing errors may occur. If we discover such an error after you have submitted an order to us, we will contact you prior to accepting your order with the correct details. You may then either cancel your order or re-confirm it based on the correct information. If we are unable to contact you, we will treat your order as cancelled.

I got order accepted and I think most people did. Some people even got the message saying received at depot.

They did not contact us prior to accepting the order.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

This is the email I got today.
    Further to your recent order for the Acer Mini Desktop PC, catalogue number PH018, I am writing to advise you that this item was displayed on our website in error as the product is no longer available. Accordingly, we have cancelled your order.

Please accept our apologies for any disappointment this error may have caused you.

Yours sincerely

Yet people have had orders fulfilled and they also advised other people that they cancelled the order due to incorrect price and that they could reorder at the correct price of 529!
    Dear Customer

Thanks for your recent order for PH018.

We try to make sure all our website prices are correct. Unfortunately however, mistakes do sometimes occur. At the time your order was placed the price of the item was incorrectly listed at €189.00.

The correct price is €529.00.

Please let us know if you would still like the item and we can reorder it for you at the correct price.

Mistakes like this are most unusual and so we apologise for any disappointment this mistake may have caused you.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

The original point I made in the other thread- is the Revo 3600 and the monitor are both end of life- and as per the eBuyer thread- available for roughly the EUR189 elsewhere (not the monitor though). Therefore- there was a reasonable expectation that it was simply stock clearance, there was no reason to believe it was/is a misprice. Selling it now @ 529 is daylight robbery.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 smcgovern

smccarrick wrote: »
    The original point I made in the other thread- is the Revo 3600 and the monitor are both end of life- and as per the eBuyer thread- available for roughly the EUR189 elsewhere (not the monitor though). Therefore- there was a reasonable expectation that it was simply stock clearance, there was no reason to believe it was/is a misprice. Selling it now @ 529 is daylight robbery.

If you think 529 is expensive, they are selling the Revo on its own for 999 :O
    http://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/nettop-atom-processor/644659081.prd?cmtag=o&_requestid=40572&browseToken=/q/nettop

Advertisement