Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortifying work mishap

Options
  • 29-06-2009 12:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭

I'm a gay guy working in an meat factory / abattoir. It is a pretty macho environment, and there is a lot of slagging and that kind of stuff, but I was recently singled out and bullied to the extent that I was out sick with depression. Because of this, I was put on notice due to poor attendance, and I responded with a counter claim of bullying and sexual discrimination. I had a very strong case and a good solicitor, so last week the company agreed to take me off notice and give me a raise if I would drop my claim, which I did. Naturally I'm not flavour of the month with management right now.

But I was just in the bathroom and, just after finishing up, I was bending down to pull up my pants and got a sudden stabbing pain in my lower back. So I kind of squatted down and leant back and tried to stretch it out. After a short while the pain had gone and I sort of shifted from side to side a bit just to make sure all the kinks were out. It seemed fine, so that was that. I pulled my pants up and came out.

But my boss was standing outside waiting to use the cubicle, and he had this look of disgust on his face. I had done my stretching facing the wall, so my anus must have been visible through the gap at the bottom of the door, which I had completely forgotten about. He must have either thought that I knew it was him outside and I was deliberately taunting him by waggling it at him, or he might think that I was toilet trading (offering sex), thinking there was someone else there. These thoughts all flashed through my mind in the second I saw him and I tried to say something to him, but he just said, "I don't want to hear it," and barged out of the bathroom and headed for the office.

Is this it for me? Is there anything I can say or do here? Help!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

You should be fine; any attempt to get you fired would have to them to show what you was doing was against policy. Add in the fact of the recent case and it could easily be seen as vengance and that would be a big no no as you can point to the discrimination case before.

TLDR you should be safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

as for the current post bullying period etc they are the ones on eggshells at the moment so dont worry about it.

As for been not been flavour of the month I wouldnt mind it if management did their job properly they would not have been in the position(pardon the pun) they put theselves in and are probably wrecking themselves when they have to face the shareholders/owners next time to explain what went on.

other than that, ha ha, would love to see your bosses face after you walked out of the toilet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

Well, what the fcuk was he doing staring at you through the gap in the cubicle wall?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Rt. Hon.

I'm a gay guy working in an meat factory / abattoir. It is a pretty macho environment, and there is a lot of slagging and that kind of stuff, but I was recently singled out and bullied to the extent that I was out sick with depression. Because of this, I was put on notice due to poor attendance, and I responded with a counter claim of bullying and sexual discrimination. I had a very strong case and a good solicitor, so last week the company agreed to take me off notice and give me a raise if I would drop my claim, which I did. Naturally I'm not flavour of the month with management right now.

But I was just in the bathroom and, just after finishing up, I was bending down to pull up my pants and got a sudden stabbing pain in my lower back. So I kind of squatted down and leant back and tried to stretch it out. After a short while the pain had gone and I sort of shifted from side to side a bit just to make sure all the kinks were out. It seemed fine, so that was that. I pulled my pants up and came out.

But my boss was standing outside waiting to use the cubicle, and he had this look of disgust on his face. I had done my stretching facing the wall, so my anus must have been visible through the gap at the bottom of the door, which I had completely forgotten about. He must have either thought that I knew it was him outside and I was deliberately taunting him by waggling it at him, or he might think that I was toilet trading (offering sex), thinking there was someone else there. These thoughts all flashed through my mind in the second I saw him and I tried to say something to him, but he just said, "I don't want to hear it," and barged out of the bathroom and headed for the office.

Is this it for me? Is there anything I can say or do here? Help!

If I was the boss in that situation you would have gotten an almighty boot up the ass (as you were wiggling it under the gap in the door). You have to admire his restraint.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

Sorry, but think i need to lock this for now.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement