Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile phone advice ?

• 29-06-2009 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭

Hi.

I currently have a Sony Ericsson w890i that I have to get rid of because it’s driving me nuts. The phone hardly ever picks up any reception and it constantly freezing and turning off. This is the second Sony in a row that I’m after having trouble with so I’m thinking about changing to nokia.. My birthday is coming up soon so my other half said she’d buy me one for it. As she’s forking out for it I can’t go over board so the Iphone and n97 are out the window. What I was looking at was maybe the nokia 5800 or n95, I just wondering whats people opinion on these two phones? Would the reception on them both be good? I’m on the meteor network. Is there any other phones on the market that I should consider ( within that price bracket -€250?) would it be worth buying from America as I have family going over soon? Any help would be great
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭mobius42

south wrote: »
    Hi.

I currently have a Sony Ericsson w890i that I have to get rid of because it’s driving me nuts. The phone hardly ever picks up any reception and it constantly freezing and turning off. This is the second Sony in a row that I’m after having trouble with so I’m thinking about changing to nokia.. My birthday is coming up soon so my other half said she’d buy me one for it. As she’s forking out for it I can’t go over board so the Iphone and n97 are out the window. What I was looking at was maybe the nokia 5800 or n95, I just wondering whats people opinion on these two phones? Would the reception on them both be good? I’m on the meteor network. Is there any other phones on the market that I should consider ( within that price bracket -€250?) would it be worth buying from America as I have family going over soon? Any help would be great
    Thanks

I've had a 5800.
    Reception was good, picking up nearly full bars where my other phone would only get 1 or 2.

The resistive touch screen on it is terrible, you need the stylus to use it for anything beyond making a call. The landscape qwerty isn't too bad, but having to rotate the phone to type anything is a bit annoying.

It was pretty full featured considering it's not a high end Nokia, having Wifi and a memory card slot. An 8GB card came with it which was nice.

The camera and battery life are average.

It's only on bill pay on Meteor, btw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Dont think buying in the states is to much advantage. The big disadvantage is no european warranty.

The n95 and the 5800 are probably the most highly thought of in the nokia range. The 5800 is that fasting selling phone at the moment so it cant be that bad. The main thing is to decide if you want touchscreen or not. Both are gonna come in around the same price.

Advertisement