Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Megapiranha!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

There is a documentary about this on Nat Geo wild at midnight tonight. I watched it earlier. Save yourself two hours of fumbling about in the Amazon as they conclude in the last 5 minutes of the show that Megapiranha's teeth were good for biting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭Adam Khor

Galvasean wrote: »
    There is a documentary about this on Nat Geo wild at midnight tonight. I watched it earlier. Save yourself two hours of fumbling about in the Amazon as they conclude in the last 5 minutes of the show that Megapiranha's teeth were good for biting.

So Nat Geo wild is going the way of History Channel :O

Some of the stuff they've been churning out has been woeful of late. 'Bull Killer: The Hunt for The Giant Anaconda' was honestly one of the worst pieces of crap masquerading as a documentary I have ever seen. The finalé featured the teams robotic probe being 'knocked out' by what 'could have been' a giant anaconda, only for one of the researchers to dive into the water, briefly grabbing a hold on what was quite clearly a section of synthetic snake and later declaring that she 'estimated' that it was at least 40 feet in length. Pathetic.

What a shame :S I always held Nat Geo in high steem :(

They used to be great, but seem to have gotten increasingly 'tabloidy' in recent times in order to cash in on the ADHD generation.

• Advertisement

Truly, we live in a decadent world :S

Even Nat Geo magazine seems to have less new/interesting info on it than it used to :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Adam Khor wrote: »
    What a shame :S I always held Nat Geo in high steem :(
    I've seen a Nat Geo branded telescope, overpriced cheapo plastic crap.

Peoples need to realise that if you dilute the brand it's very difficult to rebuild it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

Women go to places where they can dangle their feet in pools of water to have them nibbled by fish. I think this could put them off that idea a bit. (And save some money in the process.) :pac::pac:

Rubecula wrote: »
    Women go to places where they can dangle their feet in pools of water to have them nibbled by fish. I think this could put them off that idea a bit. (And save some money in the process.) :pac::pac:

If that isn´t enough to put them off fish spas, consider the guy who went to one last year and had a swamp eel swim up his penis and into his bladder:

http://au.news.yahoo.com/world/a/-/world/10263873/slippery-eels-slithers-into-man-s-bladder/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

Dear lord Adam what was he doing dangling his gentleman vegetables in a foot spa in the first place?

EDIT: Ok I read the article. it was not a foot spa after all. But ye gods. What a treatment? What next? Going into a tiger pen to lose a bit of weight by being nibbled by one?

Advertisement