Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moved into a new flat recently

Options
  • 29-06-2009 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

Hooked up the tv to the ntl cable in the wall, and the tv worked... I havent rang ntl yet, and i just have basic channels, am i gonna get a bill for this, or is it free, or whats the story?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Ms. Ka

We get free TV in my house too, I think the people before us did have an account but they closed it. We do get an internet bill from NTL so they know someone is living there. Based on my past experiences with NTL dont get involved with them at all, they have a rubbish customer service department and couldnt arrange a p*ss up in a brewery if they tried!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

We had that in our house when we moved in for like 3 months then it was cut off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭axiom32

we have a cablelink box and havent paid a bill in years and had a "box" to get all the sky channels and ppv for free .....then realised TV is ****

and as above just say nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭RossD1983

Yeah same as the above, we moved in and had free NTL for about a month, then got a reminder letter to choose a package before they were cut off. seconded on the customer service, has been awful so far..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

We had it for two years until it was cut off to the apartments. The box was just outside if we wanted to turn it back on, but we refrained, heh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

We had it for two years until it was cut off to the apartments. The box was just outside if we wanted to turn it back on, but we refrained, heh.

pussy!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Them fighting words there Dannie :D

cat-fight-dog.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

chek-out-mah-guns-pyow-pyow.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

danniemcq wrote: »
    pussy!

nah we just never watched tv apart from housemates watching football, so screw ntl :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

My brother owns a flat in the centre of the city where there has been free cable TV for more than 7 years. The apartment next door also has free cable.

Say nothing until they contact you because they probably won't!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

By basic channels do you mean RTE1/2 TV3 TG4? if so then used to be always free over ntl.

I think he means the basic ntl package.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

This situation is often encountered. Same question posed over here. Watty's answer is pretty comprehensive! :pac:

Advertisement