Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Avatar for Boards award winners?

Options
  • 29-06-2009 1:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I'm hoping to steal some of your talent, of possible...

Over on the A/R/T forum we have a competition running for poster of teh year, athlete of the year, etc. They don't know it yet but I've lined it up that they'll get a custom avatar. Trouble is my graphic design skills rank somewhere between slim and none... So I was hoping some of you could have a spin? Something subtle and stylish (and small) but that'll stand out. Not too much to ask ;)

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Hank_Scorpio

How many pixels are the avatars?

What exactly do you want? A trophy or some sort of thing? It's unclearexactly what you need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

I'm totally open on design - trophy, star, something athletics themed. I'll totally leave that up to you guys.

Avatar size I don't know but I'll guess we can re-size prior to uploading it.

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Pub07

Surprised you haven't got the head eaten off you yet for having the cheek to post asking for a simple design favour in the design forum. Maybe the elites just haven't spotted the thread yet. Or maybe they've started looking at other forums on boards.ie and realised that people are helping each other all the time with various simple requests from fixing hacked websites to collecting for charities to recording music, to coaching poker players (which could cost hundreds if it wasn't done as a favour) etc....

Ahhh in fairness I'm looking for something that won't make me any money and shouldn't take too long to do. And it's all within the website. Bit different to getting a pro logo done as a freebie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Pub07

Ahhh in fairness I'm looking for something that won't make me any money and shouldn't take too long to do. And it's all within the website. Bit different to getting a pro logo done as a freebie.

The op in the other thread was not looking for a pro logo. He was, like yourself, looking for an amateur job that shouldn't take to long to do, that won't make him any money, done as favour by an interested hobbyist.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭gerky

Don't have much time lately but what would you think of something simple like
    av.gif

But it may not be what your looking for, its 60x60 which is subscription size.

Gerky, that is perfect!

Thanks a million, voting closes at lunchtime today so that was in the nick of time as well ;)

Advertisement