Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Few questions on the Revenge of the Fallen...

Options
  • 29-06-2009 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭

I love the transformers movies, so im not flaming them. they are awesome in the fact that they make transformers look like i imagined they did, when i was 5.

even so, there are a few huge plot holes in this movie that I cant get over. holes that are bigger than the standard holes in a big on budget low on story blockbuster. Can anyone help answer them for me, and perhaps explain them off?

1. How did the Decepticons have the foresight to enroll the chick decepticon in sams college, seeing that sam only got his allspark powers on the morning of college? i mean, with that foresight they must have known he had a spark shard all along. why didnt they just attack him for it at his house?

2. why didnt sam use the spark shard to bring Optimus back to life, instead of using it to wake up Jetfire?

3. If the allspark killed Megatron, how can it also bring him back to life?

4. Why did the primes of old destroy the matrix, knowing it would bring the demise of their race? couldnt they just destroy the fallen and carry on as normal?

5. why can only a prime kill the fallen? it doesnt make sense? is it because the fallen is also a prime? in that case, megatron shouldnt have been able to kill optimus, as megatron is not a prime...

6. why does Optimus need Jetfires parts to be able to fly? hes a transformer after all, cant he just transform into a jet? I mean he hadnt saw a truck before he came to earth but he easily changed into one. couldnt he just as easily change into a jet?

Im thinking there are answers to these questions but the move was not great at conveying this as it had too much action to show.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭andy1249

I love the transformers movies, so im not flaming them. they are awesome in the fact that they make transformers look like i imagined they did, when i was 5.

Thats just it you see , a five year old wouldnt ask those questions, most of them would just say Cool ...big robots !!

Just the same as the now grown original star wars audience ripped apart the phantom menace ( yet the new generation of kids loved it ) this is not the sort questions its target audience would be expected to ask.

Its transformers ... its a switch off , enjoy the effects , and dont think about it movie , it certainly isnt aiming for any artistic merit or inventiveness , and plot holes and other wild turns of events should be expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭fguihen

thought as much , but was hoping there was something in the transformers universe ( comics, tv shows et al) to explain some of those questions is all. I mean, not using the allspark to bring optimus back, thats just crazy.

must have been bottom of the barrell writers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

fguihen wrote: »
    thought as much , but was hoping there was something in the transformers universe ( comics, tv shows et al) to explain some of those questions is all. I mean, not using the allspark to bring optimus back, thats just crazy.

must have been bottom of the barrell writers.

I'm not a transformers geek. in fact, there's not much to be geeky about. george lucas brought a vision and a dictarorship to decision making about star wars and it's very clear what's canon and what isn't and he's done a good job of getting this fictional universe in line.

transformers on the other hand, to the best of my knowledge, was just stuck together to sell toys and it's grown organically since with a number of different people in charge. there is no real sense of canon, there's multiple contradictorions and gaps in story.

having said that, i'll have a go at answering a few questions, if i give the wrong answer maybe someone will correct me.
    1. How did the Decepticons have the foresight to enroll the chick decepticon in sams college, seeing that sam only got his allspark powers on the morning of college? i mean, with that foresight they must have known he had a spark shard all along. why didnt they just attack him for it at his house?
    2. why didnt sam use the spark shard to bring Optimus back to life, instead of using it to wake up Jetfire?

3. If the allspark killed Megatron, how can it also bring him back to life?

It was my understanding that Megatron was defeated and not killed. Like that little robotic heart of his wasn't torn in half. Jetfire, again, wasn't actually brown bread, he was just in a deep sleep. OP on the other hand, was dead, he was damaged beyond regeneration. Therefore, it needed something more powerful than the shard to bring him back.
    4. Why did the primes of old destroy the matrix, knowing it would bring the demise of their race? couldnt they just destroy the fallen and carry on as normal?

Wasn't he too big or too powerful? Or too elusive? Maybe they were saying if it isn't the fallen now it will a new guy in 10k years trying to do the same.
    5. why can only a prime kill the fallen? it doesnt make sense? is it because the fallen is also a prime? in that case, megatron shouldnt have been able to kill optimus, as megatron is not a prime...

I don't know if this was a prophecy thing. Or just something magical. Why can't the one ring to rule them all only be destroyed in the fires of mount doom.
    6. why does Optimus need Jetfires parts to be able to fly? hes a transformer after all, cant he just transform into a jet? I mean he hadnt saw a truck before he came to earth but he easily changed into one. couldnt he just as easily change into a jet?

Or why didn't he just transform into a giant gun and shoot fallen. It was my impression, and this more so from the video game than from anytihng else, that the transformers kinda have a versatile state when they can transform into anything they see but once transformed it's impossible (or very difficult )to transform into something else. However, the twins obviously broke this law when they went for an upgrade.

How sam came back from the dead i don't know. magic dust?

Its very easy to pick holes in this movie as in the first one but i dont because the movie entertained me .

Now terminator 4 on the otherhand i tore to shreds .

Advertisement