Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia Vs Samsung

• 29-06-2009 2:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭

I personally go for Nokia, solid and reliable in the low to mid range spec

What do you think?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Most people would go for nokia. They are the biggest phone manufacturer after all. Samsung have definitely improved over the years imo. They are releasing a lot more phones now, and improving in spec a lot.

Similar to this i think SE have gone down a lot lately, they dont seem to have the same impact with anyone that they used to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭DonFred

Nokia all the way! Had SE was ok, had Samsung and god it annoyed me so much. Now have Nokia N95 and best phone ever!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

I've always been a huge fan of Sony Ericsson handsets, but they've dropped the ball of late. Samsung have been making great quality handsets for years and are only getting better, whereas Nokia, while being consistent, seem to be playing catch-up with the other handset manufacturers such as HTC, Apple etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I don't like the Samsungs. I think the GUI just feel too .. simple or something? But at the same time they over complicate things.

It'll take a lot to take me away from Symbian Nokia n95. I was a Sony fan until the c902.. that was a train wreck - slow, unresponsive, bloated.

I'll be switching back to SE. I got an N96 a few months ago, can't wait to get rid of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,249 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Nokia are producing some awfully **** phones at the moment that seem riddled with problems and are very easy break. The 5310 express music has to be one of the worst phones produced in the last few years.

Samsung on the the other hand are starting to produce some really nice phones, Tocco Ultra is very cool, while the Samsung B2700 could yet do for Samsung what the 5140i done for Nokia.

If it wasn't for the nokia e series range i'd nealy stick my neck out and go for a samsung, there gettting very close to being really good.

One thing I hate is a Samsung on o2, they put the internet button in a stupid place where your guranteed to hit off it and you can't change this, it's o2's way of ripping people off, samsung shouldn't let them do it, New b2100 is another fine example:mad:

Advertisement