Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

laois vs kildare cc welcome

• 29-06-2009 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭

worst seen laois play in years,kildare deserved winners,pics taken from stand

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭silverside

Hi, thanks for posting. #3 is my favourite.

Could you crop out some bits (e.g. the marshalls / cones in #3) or zoom in further?

For #1 and #2 , good situations, but I find the crowd very distracting. Could you have used a shallower DOF?

The sun was bright which means you lose detail in the shadows. Could you sit somewhere else, or adjust the contrast in postprocessing?

I'm trying more sports photography, and it is challenging - not tried football, think it needs a faster lens than I have. Also you would probably get more comments if you made your photos inline in the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭hoganpoly

thx for comments,im using a sigma 70-200 2.8.great lens as i was in the stand though hard to get too close will invest in a 2xconverter me thinks,thx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

Laois were terrible and were Kildare much better? we wont know how good they are until the final on Sunday week.

your pic url here Post up your pics to get more responses.

Some good pics, dont know what you shot at, but the shutter speeds in the first 2 could have been higher and dpf shallower, I would shoot at 2.8 and them up the shutter speed as much as you can, remembering to up the iso as it gets darker, this was a late game wasnt it so maybe the setting sun was a factor.

I find it relatively easy to get pitch side at the provincial venues so go early and chance your arm, a lot of stewards see nice camera and dont ask too many questions.!

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭hoganpoly

Laois were terrible and were Kildare much better? we wont know how good they are until the final on Sunday week.

Some good pics, dont know what you shot at, but the shutter speeds in the first 2 could have been higher and dpf shallower, I would shoot at 2.8 and them up the shutter speed as much as you can, remembering to up the iso as it gets darker, this was a late game wasnt it so maybe the setting sun was a factor.

I find it relatively easy to get pitch side at the provincial venues so go early and chance your arm, a lot of stewards see nice camera and dont ask too many questions.!

forgive me for being thick but how do you do this i.e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

hoganpoly wrote: »
    forgive me for being thick but how do you do this i.e

_https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/_

Remove the underscore between [img]_http:......and......1217_[/img]

• Advertisement
Advertisement