Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best broadband in galway city?

Options
  • 29-06-2009 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone can recommend broadband of at least 10mb speed to me that aint gonna break the bank, living in wellpark if that makes any difference...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Im on 20 meg UPC out in Knocknacarra, has been perfect for a long time now but I know some people have trouble depending on the area they're in.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I've been with eircom for years (work stuff) and they've been quite stable, maybe 3-4 problems through the years.
    Supposed to be 3MB but usually more like 2

zero19 wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone can recommend broadband of at least 10mb speed to me that aint gonna break the bank, living in wellpark if that makes any difference...

wellpark has upc cable and broadband, it is the best bb available in the city for reasonable price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Jugs82

Over in Dangan and have had Smart for 2 years or so - cant recommend it enough, not a day of trouble to date!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

It's gonna be between Smart and UPC I think. Don't know about pricing but the websites can show that easily. You're not guaranteed to have a phone line that can support 10 Mbps or more with Smart, whereas at least UPC will give you 10 Mbps when it's working. Smart is definitely the most reliable, but are less stable than UPC financially speaking. And smart would have better customer care, I think that much is a given.

I don't know Galway well, so how far away would Wellpark be from an exchange?

eircom and resellers are too slow. 7.6 mbps max and a fair bit more expensive than UPC/smart. Also 7.6 mbps product is not quite as good for gaming.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭Gadfly

I'm with Smart Telecom and have been for years. I'm on 7 Mbps for about 46 euro PM. However, I'm thinking about going with UPC because they offer more download speed for less money. The concerns I have though, with UPC, would be service and reliability. Both have been fine so far with ST.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭kinetic

Im in Knocknacarra and used to have NTL, i had a few problems with it and switched to Eircom, ands its no where near as good/fast or reliable as NTL.

So for once,well in my case anyway NTL was far superior.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

Magnet are also available in the Galway area off 3 city exchanges.

Below is our pricing in Galway.

http://magnetentertainment.ie/products/llu/index.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

€32 pm for 10mb UPC. Probably your best bet.

Advertisement