Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The rate my tattoos thread

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭jinxycat

Ok so I decided to throw mine in there.

Got this done 3 - 4 weeks ago in snakebite by Rob.

My experience was great. I was so nervous about getting it done, it wasn't so much the pain but the needle, I fear needles:o

They were great, they let my friend come in with me for company. Well i'm not messing when I say my whole body started shaking when I saw the needle, it was huge ( didn't realise it still had to be put into the gun thingy lol). Rob must have noticed my nerves and he talked me through it, said I didn't have to look if I didn't want to and that he'd let me know when he was going to start so i'd be ready.

Origionally i went in thinking, yep going to get this done in black with a purple flower, after discussing it with Rob he convinced me to get colours in it instead and am I so happy i did. I love my tattoo.

I'm not very girlie at all but i do secretly have a girlie side which I don't realise I have myself at times until it's pointed out to me. :D

so for me this tattoo reminds me of my girlie side, I love it and wouldn't change anyting about it.

Wow!! Think I just wrote an essay
    Sorry about that :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Robert is a lovely guy, have great time for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Rob really is a nice guy. His portfolio is awesome too. He seemed genuinely chuffed when I told him that I thought so! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭gmkgreaney

virgin mary tattoo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

gmkgreaney wrote: »
    3693729713_3a61e21083.jpg?v=0 virgin mary tattoo

I don't really mind religious iconography on a tattoo, I quite like in fact even though I'm not religious myself. I'm a firm believer that tattoos should not be judged on their content, but on their execution. And in this case, I'm sorry to say the execution isn't great. In fact I think its terrible! When did you get this done? The face just looks wrong, around the eyes especially - they are uneven. The problem is really just that it looks like the artist couldn't draw. Or if s/he could, it didn't go down well on the tattoo.

If you like it though then that's grand, like I said its not what the tattoo is that is the issue here, its the execution.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭BasuGasu

Molberts - very nice, I'm loving the koi fish and am a big lover of Japanese style, and this is a great take on it with no black. Was that your idea or the artist's? The one on your stomach is very cute - all in all your tattoos are very feminine and girly, I mean that in the best possible way. I like the stars as I generally like stars and like star tattoos. Nice polka dot pants by the way! ;-) Very cute.

Sofaspud - not too crazy about it to be honest, I take it the treble clef was an older tattoo? Its quite well done. It does look more faded than the thorns. I don't really like the style, and I think the thorns could've been done a lot better.

Anyway, here's mine: Japanese sleeve tattoo started in August 08 and finished last month. The sun on my shoulder I already had since 2004 so the sleeve works around it. Originally I was just getting a half sleeve done, to where the chrysanthemum / lotus flower lie, but then I decided to go a bit longer and get a not quite full / not quite 3/4 length sleeve.

I'm really happy with it composition wise; the execution of certain parts could've been better, for example the shading on the wind bars isn't really consistant and there's some patchiness in places. Overall though its a good work.

4160_84657383829_531828829_1740597_523150_n.jpg
    4160_84656773829_531828829_1740593_6596173_n.jpg

P.S. cos I used a webcam to take the shots the colours look slightly different - the cherry blossoms are red but came out pink here!

This is absolutely beautiful! I love Japanese tattoos! I just love the way the black and the colours contrast! The cut off is cool, sometimes it can be hard to figure one out but that is class!

Im nearly finished a full sleeve myself, and i know the pain but damn is it worth it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭QOTSA90

That Japanese sleeve is beautiful, I love that you kept the waves dark, sometimes the blues can seem intrusive in such pieces.

Anyone care to rate my ink?

edit: ignore the lil silver balls, I was toying around with ideas for Dermal Anchors.

Just one comment to make on the pic, it was designed to seem roughly executed, the tattoo artist didnt just make a balls of it:P I can provide the original drawing if anyone would like it :)
    surface.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 twistedfk

Got this today after waiting for 8 weeks, i'm well pleased to be honest. Job done by Ian in Jmds in Waterford. Went in with an idea similar to this but Ian worked his magic and finalised his sketch !! Found the elbow quite sore but not unbearable, have had 6 done now in total.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭JohnnyQuid

QOTSA90 wrote: »
    That Japanese sleeve is beautiful, I love that you kept the waves dark, sometimes the blues can seem intrusive in such pieces.

Anyone care to rate my ink?

edit: ignore the lil silver balls, I was toying around with ideas for Dermal Anchors.

Just one comment to make on the pic, it was designed to seem roughly executed, the tattoo artist didnt just make a balls of it:P I can provide the original drawing if anyone would like it :)
    surface.jpg

I'm not one for rough looking tattoos but I like it,it's got a sorta manga feel to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭quirkster

Got my first one done today here in San Francisco. Artist made one mistake - we had a set of numbers for the dice to add up to 19 (my age), he obviously got one wrong cos they add up to 20 :( Its the one thing making me regret it :( Otherwise Im well happy with it! It was completely my own design.
    What think ye?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

If it was your own design then it was your mistake, not the artists. lol

Ah well, you'll be 20 next year! ;) lol

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭quirkster

well it was my own in so much as i only decided to do the thing with the numbers AFTER the stencil was on, but he said it wouldnt be a problem and drew in whatever alterations were needed. we agreed on 6 numbers that added up to 19 but now they dont :(

Advertisement