Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** July Poker Goals **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭aodea

aodea wrote: »
    1. to play 500 45 man turbos. And show profit.
    2. to get a stake in Luckylloyd cause he runs like god.
    3. Cash in a live tourni.
    4. Slow roll that annoying english guy who plays in the jackpot.
    5. maybe get a job maybe not.

1. played 51 so far down
    2. Staked him he did not run well think he may retire again.
    3. Donked away chip lead last Wednesday
    4. Boom knocked that one out of park last wednesday.
    5. Kinda not really does a weekend job count?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Vamoose Killers

a-k-47 wrote: »
    you feeling ok.

qualify for the ftops me.
    win it.

Yeah I'm okay, you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn!

Lodge my first 50 euro for micro limits and not loose it all:D

Was up 30cent after day one

now down 5$

Off to fix my game again

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Lao Lao

Goals For July

1) To get myself out of the hole I'm in :rolleyes:

End of Goals for July.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Jayminator

chips1234 wrote: »
    like the idea of this thread

stop playing omaha for fun when im bored

This

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭TripleAce

F*** July. Poker goal: turn this around because I start getting sick of it!

Ouch, you were doing really well though so I'm sure you'll get back up there. What site/level are you playing at?

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Tight Ted

play more pot limited Omahahaha, maybe get some graphing software?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭tipp86

tipp86 wrote: »
    1. Play 15 k hands of 20 nl

2. To qualify for the 250k gtd on i poker at least once this month.

3. To cash for over $200 in a online mtt tournament with a buy in less than $20

1. 3k hands down but ive moved up to 50nl so thats a small change of plan.

2. I never even played one satt last week and with the munster final this sunday i cant even try qualify.

3. Played a few but no great luck yet.

I've a goal to play 20k hands at 50nl this month. After 7k hands I'm already down 3 buy-ins. Not really looking good, is it? :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

lodge €100 in boyles and start playing again
    get it up to 500 before end of month so i can keep playing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭fatguy

I've a goal to play 20k hands at 50nl this month. After 7k hands I'm already down 3 buy-ins. Not really looking good, is it? :(
    It's not a disaster, in fairness. Could be much, much worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Should still see you ahead after rakeback.

Think I just breakeven after rakeback. Still, I'd much rather breakeven before rakeback. :(

I have PT3 but I never use the Hud while I'm playing as I find it a bit distracting. Maybe it's time to set it up...

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭The Snapper

Think I just breakeven after rakeback. Still, I'd much rather breakeven before rakeback. :(

I have PT3 but I never use the Hud while I'm playing as I find it a bit distracting. Maybe it's time to set it up...

It will obviously feel odd at first but staying in that comfort zone is holding you back.

Holdemmanager is a better option too but each to their own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

7k hands is a tiny tiny sample, I wouldn't worry about it at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

vamoose killers, i set up HEM when playing on everest, found i became over dependent on the software and that i was just clicking buttons. i was doing marginally better with the software but it was a snoooozefest. have since moved to cakepoker where no one is allowed use tracking software so its a level playing field. i might not be doing as well but its alot more enjoyable, because its YOU playing poker, not depending on stats, imo. maybe if i was playing for a living my attitude would be different, but its a hobby i enjoy so i want to enjoy it.

I enjoy winning money :)

But I might give it a shot this evening and see how it goes. Not 100% sure on how to interupt the stats although I do know that my own after 7k hands are a VPIP of 18% and PFR of 12%. And red figures elsewhere :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

thats pretty tight, raise more! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

mdwexford wrote: »
    At least 30k Hands online, no excuses.

Win Poker Room Main Event Donkament.

This months graph so far, i kid you not.

uhoh.jpg

On the plus side i came 7th in the donkament though. Actually maybe thats also a beat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Irish Iron

Irish Iron wrote: »
    non poker:

1. survive oxegen

bear grylls has nothing on me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn!

Was up 30cent after day one

now down 5$

Off to fix my game again

Now Down $26 of initail 60$ i put in

Last night was the first time up at the end of the day since i began loosing. (+4$) :(

I haven't lost it all yet but im making a good attempt. No graph as PKR.com doesn't allow data mining.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

ditpoker wrote: »
    vamoose killers, i set up HEM when playing on everest, found i became over dependent on the software and that i was just clicking buttons. i was doing marginally better with the software but it was a snoooozefest. have since moved to cakepoker where no one is allowed use tracking software so its a level playing field. i might not be doing as well but its alot more enjoyable, because its YOU playing poker, not depending on stats, imo. maybe if i was playing for a living my attitude would be different, but its a hobby i enjoy so i want to enjoy it.

Your attitude to poker software is pretty baffling. It's the complete opposite of what you say. When you know nothing about someone you have to adapt a general default line but the more you learn about how someone plays then the more you can utilise non standard lines which are opponent specific. You can also use any history that you have developed which adds an extra element.

Eh yeah goals, have more session like I just had tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

the first 3K hands are last month. hoping to hit 90k hands but I sure I'll burn out soon.

meepmeepFTNL25.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

play Omaha for fun when tired/drunk

chase my ^^ losses at 1k HU NLHE

put an appalling beat on Bad Beat Joe

put a worse one on the Chief

put ollyk1 on tilt (haven't figured out how just yet, all suggestions welcome)

find my mojo

tick :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

tick :pac:

Trip report?

P.S. I'm playing the Fitz scalps tonight if you want to take your tilt shot!! :p:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

ollyk1 wrote: »
    Trip report?

P.S. I'm playing the Fitz scalps tonight if you want to take your tilt shot!! :p:p

my 57o shipped into his AK pf (i'm short obv.), K on flop and I'm standing but dealer kindly supplies the required runners

no, one live outing p/w is enough for an old guy like me (especially as I burnt myself out last week with 3 in a row :rolleyes:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭tipp86

tipp86 wrote: »
    1. Play 15 k hands of 20 nl

2. To qualify for the 250k gtd on i poker at least once this month.

3. To cash for over $200 in a online mtt tournament with a buy in less than $20

I guess il be the first to report back.

Goal 1 - Outshone myself here played just over 20k hands at 50nl and won at a rate of 2.5bbs not great but im happy for first month.

Goal 2 - Only attempted 1 week due to other things on sundays. Qualified at a cost of just under $60.

Goal 3 - Only played maybe 20 id say no luck was down around $100 playing these.

So all in all i was happy especially with gtting the amount of hands in and it been 50nl.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

mdwexford wrote: »
    At least 30k Hands online, no excuses.

Win Poker Room Main Event Donkament.

Pathetic volume, play more fcuking hands.

graph2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

50nl hu

month.jpg

Advertisement