Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All in one remotes

Options
  • 29-06-2009 2:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭

My remote recently gave up life so i went and got myself a new all in one remote. it's a total control 8 in one remote that "works all brands". So i got about to setting it up and when it came to finding my tv it didn't have the code. My tv is a 19" MIRAI with built in DVD player. So the next step i took was to search for my tv manually. So i followered the instructions and still can't find anything, i have tired several times.

Anyone got any ideas? What should i do? It is suppose to work on all brands!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭butts

A good few of us on boards have the Silvercrest universal remote control that can be bought from Lidl. If it doesn't have your particular piece of equipment then you can use the learn function to replicate your old remote. Does your remote have a learning mode?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

butts wrote: »
    A good few of us on boards have the Silvercrest universal remote control that can be bought from Lidl. If it doesn't have your particular piece of equipment then you can use the learn function to replicate your old remote. Does your remote have a learning mode?

+1 silvercrest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭ZappaFrank

Went out today and got a silvercrest remote. Did a search wouldn't work. I tired the learning mode with the old remote it didn't work, how is it suppose to learn off a broken remote any way? So then i tried something radical. I set it to DVD and did a search and it worked!!! Don't ask me why! So then i did the same with the orginal one and that worked too.

So now i have two remotes!!!

If you got the silvercrest from lidl, I think you be able to return it and get a refund even though there is nothing wrong with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭disco biscuit

How much is the silvercrest.I have a universal called an AV10 but I don't have the manual for it.If anyone has the manual out there could they give me the codes.Otherwise I will have to buy the silvercrest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

How much is the silvercrest.I have a universal called an AV10 but I don't have the manual for it.If anyone has the manual out there could they give me the codes.Otherwise I will have to buy the silvercrest.

the silvercrest one is 9.99

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

I have the AV10 (2 euro in the 2 Euro shop:)).
    Which model are you looking for the codes?

Fuzzy Clam wrote: »

For the black diamond.By the way does the AV10 have a search function.I borrowed the one I have and I am not sure if it is working properly.What button do you press to turn it on.When you press the power button should the light stay on when you take your finger off the button.

butts wrote: »

Is the silvercrest reliable.how long have you got it.Somepeople say that cheap remotes are a waste of money but maybe they mean just the ones you can get for 2 euros.

Is the silvercrest reliable.how long have you got it.Somepeople say that cheap remotes are a waste of money but maybe they mean just the ones you can get for 2 euros.

Have had it for about 3 months and no problems so far.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

For the black diamond.By the way does the AV10 have a search function.I borrowed the one I have and I am not sure if it is working properly.What button do you press to turn it on.When you press the power button should the light stay on when you take your finger off the button.
    The LED only stays on while you press the button. The "on" button is to turn on the TV/VCR etc.
    Mitsubishi TV codes are: 044,052,092,119,154,155,181,182 and 707.
    052 works fine on my Black Diamond tv.

Hold down the [set] button and press the device key you want to control. TV1/VCR1 etc.
    Release the keys, the LED should be lit. Enter a 3 digit code.
    If the code is correct, the LED will go off. If it flashes, the code is wrong and you will need to repeat the process using a new code.

Yes, there is a search function but the instructions are a bit long winded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 domadd

Have the same problem with AV10 and Philips TV model no 21PT166A/07. Anyone got the code for that TV model. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭kgpixels

Had a total control one also, and wasn't impressed with it at all. .

Had an old telly at home that could get no remote to work until I got a one for all universal remote.
    Got this one in power city http://www.powercity.ie/?par=30-61-C7515

Tuning the telly wasn't easy and took a lot of trail & error. Turned out the button to access the tuning menu was one of the text buttons. But it did the job!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 PauloCork

Fuzzy Clam wrote: »

I am looking for the code to the Beko nr 25421t tv and I have the av10 universal remote from the 2 euro shop!

Thanks in Advance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Eddiemccourt

Anyone got a code for the Targa HD/DVD player: DRH5400X
    (AV10 remote)

Advertisement