Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lads Holidays

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭skywards

Heavens yes. I'd be incredibly annoyed if I wasn't allowed to go off somewhere, there's not a snowballs chance in hell of me not "allowing" someone to go on holiday if they so choose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭I'lllearnye

I can't believe your friends are stirring things up like that! Sounds to me like a bad case of jealousy along the lines of 'How come she gets on so well with her boyfriend? And he treats her so well too!'

Tell your friends that you trust your boyfriend, he treats you the way you want to be treated, and round it off with 'Can you not be happy for me?'. Really, you shouldn't have to explain yourself (or your boyfriend), but you might have to in order to put an end to such talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

I have to say if anything I would be more pissed that my OH was probably using half their holiday allocation for going away without me meaning they weren't planning on going on holiday with me that year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭This

had this discussion today with a friend, she said she would have an issue with her bf going away with a group of lads or a group of lads or girls.... i on the other hand wouldnt... and im heading away for 3 weeks with a gang of guys and girls... didnt 'ask' him, just booked and told him... all he said was 'i better get a nice present' typical!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

I'd be more shocked that he actually managed to make a decision to do something rather than just saying, "I dunno, I'm not really bothered, well actually, maybe in a wee while, not sure yet..."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Lorrs33

I can't believe your friends are stirring things up like that! Sounds to me like a bad case of jealousy along the lines of 'How come she gets on so well with her boyfriend? And he treats her so well too!'

Tell your friends that you trust your boyfriend, he treats you the way you want to be treated, and round it off with 'Can you not be happy for me?'. Really, you shouldn't have to explain yourself (or your boyfriend), but you might have to in order to put an end to such talk.

Nah, they didn't say it in a forceful way, just as a sort of matter-of-fact type thing.

The holiday was booked before we got together, so I just say that.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Dutchie_in_DUB

I think its healthy for men and women to go on their own holidays once in awhile. My boyfriend loves it when I go on my own hols cause that means that means he can go on his own with the lads too. Give eachother some freedom in the relationship and trust is what it is all about. If you would not be able to trust him to go abroad on hols, don't trust him to go to the shop on the corner I would say.

And being from Holland, what is wrong with going on hols to Amsterdam? Know the stigma the city has, but there is more to it than the wacky backy and red light district. For men to go there does not mean they will have to all that has been not legalised this this country or drop the trousers when they see women behind windows ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭994

I think its healthy for men and women to go on their own holidays once in awhile. My boyfriend loves it when I go on my own hols cause that means that means he can go on his own with the lads too. Give eachother some freedom in the relationship and trust is what it is all about. If you would not be able to trust him to go abroad on hols, don't trust him to go to the shop on the corner I would say.

And being from Holland, what is wrong with going on hols to Amsterdam? Know the stigma the city has, but there is more to it than the wacky backy and red light district. For men to go there does not mean they will have to all that has been not legalised this this country or drop the trousers when they see women behind windows ;)
    I don't get this either, it's not as if marijuana and prostitutes are difficult to acquire in Ireland.

Advertisement