Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Major increase in Dublin Coach (Portlaoise - Dublin Airport) buses.

Options
  • 29-06-2009 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭

Just discovered this.
    The Dublin coach, which for €5 can take you to the Red Cow Luas Station, has recently changed from running 6 buses a day, and is now running 16!
    I thought the Bus was going out of business to be honest, as it recently trimmed it's service down from 7 times daily to 6.
    It's also after introducing a half price offer for students, and a €2 offer if you are travelling within Laois, or if you jump on in Kildare and get off in Kildare, thats also only €2.
    It's still €10 to get to the airport, making it the cheapest method of getting there if you're using public transport.
    See www.dublincoach.ie
    Hope it lasts, and is not just a last gasp from a dying company!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

Excellent news good spot, that's a pretty impressive schedule. Perhaps they are trying to up the ante with JJ Kavanaghs service? Now if only they would travel out as far as Mountrath...

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭fona

I use em all the time. Can't beat a fiver to red cow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

fona wrote: »
    I use em all the time. Can't beat a fiver to red cow.

Hey, wait, is there a Luas near the Red Cow/Long Mile Road? Sure you could get the bus for a fiver and about 3 euro for a Luas into town? Innnnteresting.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭ADTR

CCCP^ wrote: »
    Hey, wait, is there a Luas near the Red Cow/Long Mile Road?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Sonic_exyouth

CCCP^ wrote: »
    Hey, wait, is there a Luas near the Red Cow/Long Mile Road? Sure you could get the bus for a fiver and about 3 euro for a Luas into town? Innnnteresting.

€2.10 into town, or €1.30 to the square in Tallaght.

• Advertisement
Advertisement