Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dboys M4 CQB SD - Veering badly to left

Options
  • 29-06-2009 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

Hi All,

I am having some major issues with my Dboys M4 CQB SD, when i fire it the BB's will travel about 20/30ft and then veer severly to the left. Would i be right in saying this is most likely due to the Hop-up unit which i have heard is bad?

I have opened it up and gave it a good clean (it was dirty) but it has made no differance at all, and it doesn't matter how much i turn the hop-up it keeps doing it.. Moving the hop-up just changes the distance from 20-30ft for the veer to start. How do i fix this, a new hop-up i guess?

Regards,
    Sinister747

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Well, clean the barrel and use good bb's, you probably have done both.

I'd disassemble the hop and re-seat the hop rubber, it can be twisted, and even the barrel can be also, there is some give in them even though they are meant to lock tight together.

Fuss over it a bit, get your head around how it fits together and you should be able to sort it. No harm in ordering a better hop bucking while you are waiting, I use madbull blue buckings, fantastic and no feed issues as you can have with the guarder ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Vintorez

Greetings Sinister747,

I've ordered an M4 just like yours and I have a question maybe you can help me.

Can you remove de silencer from que gun? Once removed, the exposed barrel is long enough to attach a flash hider?

What should I buy to transform the silenced version to a standard version (15 or 16" barrel and flash hider) ?

Sorry for my bad english, my mother language is portuguese.

Best regards,
    Vintorez
    Hi All,

I am having some major issues with my Dboys M4 CQB SD, when i fire it the BB's will travel about 20/30ft and then veer severly to the left. Would i be right in saying this is most likely due to the Hop-up unit which i have heard is bad?

I have opened it up and gave it a good clean (it was dirty) but it has made no differance at all, and it doesn't matter how much i turn the hop-up it keeps doing it.. Moving the hop-up just changes the distance from 20-30ft for the veer to start. How do i fix this, a new hop-up i guess?

Regards,
    Sinister747

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Vintorez wrote: »
    Greetings Sinister747,

I've ordered an M4 just like yours and I have a question maybe you can help me.

Can you remove de silencer from que gun? Once removed, the exposed barrel is long enough to attach a flash hider?

What should I buy to transform the silenced version to a standard version (15 or 16" barrel and flash hider) ?

Sorry for my bad english, my mother language is portuguese.

Best regards,
    Vintorez

Hi there!
    You can remove the silencer, but I think a lot of the inner barrel will be exposed so a flash hider wouldn't cover it.
    You could buy these to transform it:
    Magpul Handguard
    14.5 inch outer barrel
    Just an idea, some of the more gucci lads will give you a better combination.

Hi Leftyflip,

do you have one of these M4 SD? Some stores advertises that this model comes with a barrel extension, some don't. I'm wondering if this could solve the problem. If it's a item that comes with all DBoys' M4 SD, I should only order a flash hider. Any info about it?

Best regards,
    Vintorez
    Leftyflip wrote: »
    Hi there!
    You can remove the silencer, but I think a lot of the inner barrel will be exposed so a flash hider wouldn't cover it.
    You could buy these to transform it:
    Magpul Handguard
    14.5 inch outer barrel
    Just an idea, some of the more gucci lads will give you a better combination.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Sinister747

Hi,

To my knowledge the silencer part on the CQB SD is the Barrell Extension and it will hide alot of the barrell, if you remove it you will expose a very large portion of the barrell, personally i would stick with the fake silencer.

Regards,
    Sinister747

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Vintorez wrote: »
    Hi Leftyflip,

do you have one of these M4 SD? Some stores advertises that this model comes with a barrel extension, some don't. I'm wondering if this could solve the problem. If it's a item that comes with all DBoys' M4 SD, I should only order a flash hider. Any info about it?

Best regards,
    Vintorez
    I don't, but, different batches of the M4SD come with a barrel extension and some don't, that's what I've heard anyway, so it might be worth checking with the retailer you are buying you're AEG from, if it does then I'm sure you could buy just the flash hider, sorry but thats all I can tell you.

Thanks a lot for your help, guys! I'll check my gun when it arrives. Cya!

Advertisement