Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a charger by itself

• 29-06-2009 3:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭

Do shops usually sell chargers by themselves, ie without a phone. Lost my charger last week. Never had to buy one before so sorry if this is a silly question

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,232 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Yes they do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Tableman

Yes they do.

All kinds of chargers? Even for fairly old phones?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

Tableman wrote: »
    All kinds of chargers? Even for fairly old phones?

What model is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

If you buy it in a operators shop you will buy a premium price. Online is really the way to go, if you can borrow/share one in the mean time. Ebay is always good, a fiver to your door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭tanyaog2007

yep they do but they are like 20-30 euro so if its a old phone its prob not worth it . try adverts :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Tableman

What model is it?

Its a vodafone (Sagem) V533. I only bought it a couple of months ago. I went back to the shop I bought it in but they didnt have any chargers for it, advised me to go to "Carphone Warehouse". So off I go to there, but the guy there said he had never seen a phone like mine and wondered if I bought it in Ireland! he suggested going back to vodafone and seeing if they could order it into stock (Which I imagine they surely would have to do seeing as I only bought it from them 2 months ago)

I dont mind paying the 20-30 euro for it. Just want to get my phone back. oh how dependent we've become!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭cgf

I have never dealt with these guys but

http://www.m-99.co.uk/vodafone-533.html

has one for £5.90 and £5 for international delivery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Blue_Wolf

I'm confused...

Sagem V series are about 2 years old and there is no such model that as v533

Are you referring to this phone here http://www.gsmarena.com/vodafone_533-2651.php

If so call back into a Carphone warehouse between 10-5pm Mon-Fri and they can order it in for you. You pay for it there and can have it posted out to your house. Or alternatively like other people have said you can simply buy one online or visit the Adverts section and pick up a good deal from a punter.

Take care.

Tableman wrote: »
    Its a vodafone (Sagem) V533. I only bought it a couple of months ago. I went back to the shop I bought it in but they didnt have any chargers for it, advised me to go to "Carphone Warehouse". So off I go to there, but the guy there said he had never seen a phone like mine and wondered if I bought it in Ireland! he suggested going back to vodafone and seeing if they could order it into stock (Which I imagine they surely would have to do seeing as I only bought it from them 2 months ago)

I dont mind paying the 20-30 euro for it. Just want to get my phone back. oh how dependent we've become!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Blue_Wolf

It is sagem..but they don't have their logo on it. Most if not all the "Vodafone branded phones" are all sagem made.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Blue_Wolf wrote: »
    It is sagem..but they don't have their logo on it. Most if not all the "Vodafone branded phones" are all sagem made.

ye i understand that, but its a vodafone phone, just manufactured by sagem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 209 ✭✭Dulchie

It sounds like a Vodafone V533.
    You might like to try www.mobilefun.co.uk They have a very large range of mobile phone accessories I have used them many times. They also show a picture of each phone so that you can check your model.

Advertisement