Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Tocco Ultra Edition

• 29-06-2009 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭

Got this a month or so back unlocked, the gps and the weather watcher links wont work for me though, is it cause im the wrong network or am i doing something wrong?

Advice appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Could be a number of things. The weather app is not working most likely because of a setting or a connection problem. Can you browse the net ok using a packet connection and not wifi?

What error messages are you getting?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

I can get onto the net ok, when i log onto the weather application it says network connection failure, its actually a 3g phone though, says so when you turn it on, would that matter? Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Go into settings > display and light > widget

Select 'online' from the drop down, switch the Network settings access 'on' and finally the APN under Widget Profiles.

The GPS is pretty much useless on operator branded phones, not sure why - maybe because they can't charge for GPS...

Debranding will give you the touchscreen, GPS Version of Google maps, Route66 (needs licence for full guidance) and full GPS settings restored.

AmazeGPS (free) will also work.

http://www.fonefunshop.co.uk/Unlocking/samsung/s8300route66debrand.htm

I tried what you said but no dice! Feck it anyway but thanks for trying to help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Which APN is is set to?

• Advertisement

Got it!!!!Thanks!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Linguo wrote: »
    Got it!!!!Thanks!!!

lol, and you thought you didnt know what it was :D

Advertisement