Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hyundai alarm problems

• 29-06-2009 4:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭

Problem with girlfriends 04 coupe.
    She got an upgraded factory alarm when she bought it new (so warranty well gone) and last weekend we were struck in Jervis centre car park as fob wouldn't turn alarm off and open doors. Opened door by key and alarm went off and car was immobilised so called AA out and they disconnected horn and showed me how to get around immobiliser to drive home.

Took it to Hyundai garage last monday and they recoded key fobs and replaced batteries.

Now key fobs have stopped working again so rang garage today and they want me to bring it back in and they'll replace key fobs which i'd imagine are about 100 quid each at least.
    I don't see how both fobs could fail at exact same time and one fob is the spare which is hardly ever used and said to garage I don't want fobs replaced but girl in service department said she's spoken to a mechanic and he said that 1 broken fob could have caused the other not to work (makes no sense at all).

Anyone have similar experience of this or know what the part that receives the signal from the fobs is called and how much it would be to replace as I suspect that's where the problem really is and I don't fancy paying more labour and the cost of replacement fobs when I don't think it's needed.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 247 ✭✭beam99

A neighbour of mine has a digi box sender unit, and when he has it turned on another one of my neighbours toyota remote does not work, The digibox is jamming the remotes signal. Maybe you have a similar problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

beam99 wrote: »
    A neighbour of mine has a digi box sender unit, and when he has it turned on another one of my neighbours toyota remote does not work, The digibox is jamming the remotes signal. Maybe you have a similar problem.

Happened in several locations so don't think it's interference from external sources !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭darcy.jonny

Problem with girlfriends 04 coupe.
    She got an upgraded factory alarm when she bought it new (so warranty well gone) and last weekend we were struck in Jervis centre car park as fob wouldn't turn alarm off and open doors. Opened door by key and alarm went off and car was immobilised so called AA out and they disconnected horn and showed me how to get around immobiliser to drive home.

Ok ive being having problems with my coupe , the alarm did that for me as well ............... but i followed the manuals instructions , i put the key in the ignittion and turned it to the point that says ACC (the first turn point)

press the unlock button and hold it down ... i did this two or three times turning the key back and forth and the indecators flashed and the fobb has worked perfect since

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

I know this will sound silly but is the button on the fob hard to press? My hyundai Accent has an alarm fob fitted which sometimes you have to *half press* its a knack to it (see attached pic).
    Sometimes even when the little green light is on the car won't respond to the Fob. It takes a few tries. I find if failing after several times then walk away for a moment and try again.. It'll eventually work.

*WARNING FOR SLOW CONNECTIONS: pic is quite big sorry photo editing software is gone :( *

Advertisement