Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speed limit

Options
  • 29-06-2009 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Just said I'd let you know that the speed limit of the ring road from the Bennetsbridge Roundabout to the Dublin Road Roundabout has apparently been reduced from 100km/h to 60km/h. Just a warning to those handful of people who do actually travel at 100km/h on that stretch!

Ergo.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

wtf? Isn't that the section without the roadworks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭itsonlyme

The police are regularly of late on the waterford rd near the project school pullin poor unfortunates doing over 50 kph.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I live on the waterford road and they are always there. Particularly at weekends. I havent noticed the new speed limit on the ring road though. I travel to work across Ossory bridge and havent seen any signs. Then again, I'd be lucky to hit 50km/h on that road at rush hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Loveless

yeah they're always in behind the wall on the left-hand side after you come off the Waterford Road roundabout. A friend was done for doing 63kmph there in January. Isn't the speed limit on the roundabout itself 100kmph ?!

Another spot to watch is the exit off the Dublin Road roundabout heading for Carlow. spotted a few times in the laneway on the left-hand side immediately after the roundabout.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

The police are regularly of late on the waterford rd near the project school pullin poor unfortunates doing over 50 kph.
    I live on the waterford road and they are always there.

Um... isn't the Project School on the Bennetsbridge Road?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

fabbydabby wrote: »
    Um... isn't the Project School on the Bennetsbridge Road?

No, it's on the Waterford road. The first turn on the left after you come off the roundabout. The Scouts Den is on the Bennetsbridge Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

ergonomics wrote: »
    Hey,

Just said I'd let you know that the speed limit of the ring road from the Bennetsbridge Roundabout to the Dublin Road Roundabout has apparently been reduced from 100km/h to 60km/h. Just a warning to those handful of people who do actually travel at 100km/h on that stretch!

Ergo.

Crazy reduction. Slower does not always = safer driving. Especially in Kilkenny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭nuttz

ergonomics wrote: »
    No, it's on the Waterford road. The first turn on the left after you come off the roundabout. The Scouts Den is on the Bennetsbridge Road.

yep, the Project school used to be at the Scouts Den a few years back

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Loveless

thanks for the heads up 'Ergonomics. Drove that way at lunch time and yes it is 50kmph zone across the bridge where they're selling the strawberries.

And just double-checked the Waterford Rd roundabout too, yes the legal speed limit ON the roundabout is 100kmph. :rolleyes:

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

It's 60kmph for about 100ish metres and then goes down to 50kmph from just about the start of the bridge until just after the roadworks opposite the watershed.

• Advertisement

I just noticed it on the way to work this morning? Where's the logic? There's 4 speed limits from Loughboy to Dublin road? I bet the cops will be sitting here pretty soon.
    Oh and did anyone notice the rings left on Ossory bridge left by the brainless idiots doing doughnuts last night?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

That the one near the comer road roundabout there? On the ringroad?

if I lived in the houses over the wall there I would be arming myself with a catapult and a bucket of ballbearings. And a video camera.

No danger of them getting caught though.. unless they happen to also have a habit of doing 70kph in the 60 zone on a Sunday Morning.

I live next to the ring road, and I can hear them as I type :(

Advertisement