Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer movement 2009

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Anyone see Varejao (Sideshow Bob) and the new contract he got?. A mind boggling 6 year 50 million deal. Talk about overpaying for an average PF.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Must have a very good agent! :) No way he's worth that tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Sea Devils wrote: »
    Anyone see Varejao (Sideshow Bob) and the new contract he got?. A mind boggling 6 year 50 million deal. Talk about overpaying for an average PF.
    But just think of all the extra flopping there after buying!!!

Clippers in "serious talks" with Allen Iverson per ESPN.

The Clippers need to be building around Eric Gordon. They would be crazy to sign Iverson. Plus they got rid of Zach Randolph to make room for Griffin. Now they're going to turn around and add Iverson? With Gordon coming off a great rookie season?

Iverson would be a poor signing tbh. Clippers are a terrible franchise and will always be the 2nd best team in LA.

• Advertisement

If only they had got Kobe a couple of years ago....how things could be different:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 38,275 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    Iverson would be a poor signing tbh. Clippers are a terrible franchise and will always be the 2nd best team in LA.
    Why do you think Iverson would be such a bad signing?
    I think he would fit in perfectly there, along with Griffin, Gordon, Thornton and Camby its a pretty powerful and dangerous looking starting 5.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Why do you think Iverson would be such a bad signing?
    I think he would fit in perfectly there, along with Griffin, Gordon, Thornton and Camby its a pretty powerful and dangerous looking starting 5.

Gordon is coming off a great rookie season though. Doubt he'd be happy with coming off the bench which would be his most likely spot unless they're planning on trading Baron.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

My jaw dropped when I saw that too, it just shows you there is a serious lack of really good big men in the NBA.

On AI going to the Clippers, it might not be the long term solution but hell, its AI, one of the best players to ever play in the NBA.
    It will probably be a short term deal but he has made it clear after Detroit that he doesn't want to be coming off the bench, I could easily see them trading Baron but at the end of the day it is not the long term solution to the franchise.

Gordon is coming off a great rookie season though. Doubt he'd be happy with coming off the bench which would be his most likely spot unless they're planning on trading Baron.
    Why would he be coming off the bench? He would be a starter along with Iverson, theres nothing wrong with two guards when you have talented huge men inside like Camby and Griffin.

• Advertisement

Why would he be coming off the bench? He would be a starter along with Iverson, theres nothing wrong with two guards when you have talented huge men inside like Camby and Griffin.

What about Baron Davis though?Where would he fit into the Clippers plans if they got A.I?

What about Baron Davis though?Where would he fit into the Clippers plans if they got A.I?
    Well they might trade him off, but AI is definietely an upgrade and I really think that their starting five is savage if they get him. That leaves Davis either being traded or taking a back seat to Iverson. If they managed to keep him as well then they have a very serious bench too.

Lakers took their 9 mil a year offer off the table so it looks like they will explore S & T options with Lamar Odom

Well they might trade him off, but AI is definietely an upgrade and I really think that their starting five is savage if they get him. That leaves Davis either being traded or taking a back seat to Iverson. If they managed to keep him as well then they have a very serious bench too.

I was just thinking about this earlier. Would there be many takers for Baron.? If you consider the size of his contract and the reputation that has sided with him throughout his career e.g plays little to no Defense, takes nights off, has only played one full season etc then it looks as if the negatives outweigh the positives.

Having said that Dumbleavy and Baron defintely don't see eye to eye so it's not impossible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

I bet the Warriors would of taken him back if Nelson was not here, still a crowd favorite and to be honest I thought he gave a lot to the team but attitude and contract would always be a problem. Thats all old news though.

I think the main reason for AI going to the Clippers is to boost ticket sales as there has been a big drop in people renewing season tickets and such even with Blake Griffin. Still early days though.

Odum seems to be shooting himself in the foot over this new offer, all over wanting a longer deal, he is getting more money than other teams can offer and he will remain on the best team in the league. Lakers can't really afford to lose him either in my opinion.

Looks like the Australian PG Mills won't see NBA action anytime soon, broke his right foot.

I've seen reports about Odom possibly heading to the Mavs but I imagine the Lakers would want a sign and trade and possibly get Josh Howard rather then let him just walk and get nothing.

The Lakers offered him two deals, three years for 30 millions and four years for 36 million. Personally I think thats overpaying for Odom but then again when you see what the likes of Maggette and Varejao are earning then I suppose it's hard to blame Odom and his agent for hardballing during the negotiations.

For a guy who pissed away most of his career and failed to live up to his extraordinarily high potential, Odom has developed nicely with the Lakers. I still have a hard time imagining Odom and LA not coming to terms.

Lakers really can't afford to lose Odom...unles they are able to get someone significant in his place!

kmart6 wrote: »

He's an idiot. He came into the league with a lot of high expectations but failed to deliver as the go to guy on a team. He fits in well as the 2nd or 3rd go to guy on a team so whoever is negotiating for him needs a smack of reality.

On the flip side, he should hire Verajao's agent. :p

Lol,wouldn't be signing with the Lakers if he does that!

• Advertisement

There's a rumor that Odom's gonna take the 4 year/$36M offer from the Lakers.

Would make a lot of sense on his part!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 lkasprzak

Millsap stays in Utah WOOT WOOT :)

lkasprzak wrote: »

Props to Millsap. 2nd round pick earning that payday;)

Chris Paul says there's a possibility he may get traded.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

lkasprzak wrote: »
    Yeah, Millsap is a good player, looks like Carlos Boozer is on the way out though, contract expiring soon and they want to get value now.

ESPN reported:

The Miami Heat have offered Lamar Odom a 5yr/$35 million contract. They're interested in Boozer, but have yet to enter the sweepstakes. Riley is pushing to get someone to play alongside Dwyane Wade

Me thinks that if this comes to fruition the Lakers might try a sign and trade for Michael Beasley or Udonis Haslem

If Odom is supposedly taking the 4yr/$36million offer from the Lakers,NBA Champions,why would he take less money and a year extra with the Heat!?

msnbc.com wrote:
    LOS ANGELES - The Clippers have traded leading scorer Zach Randolph to Memphis in exchange for Quentin Richardson.

The deal was announced Friday.

Richardson averaged 10.2 points and 4.4 rebounds in 72 games with the New York Knicks last season. He's returning to the Clippers, where he played from 2000-04 after being drafted by the team out of DePaul.

The 29-year-old guard-forward was acquired by Memphis on June 25 in exchange for Darko Milicic. Richardson originally left Los Angeles as a free agent and went to Phoenix, where he played one season before joining the Knicks.

Randolph was acquired in a trade with the Knicks in November 2008. The forward averaged 20.8 points and 10.1 rebounds in 50 games for the Clippers last season.

Linky!

• Advertisement

kmart6 wrote: »
    If Odom is supposedly taking the 4yr/$36million offer from the Lakers,NBA Champions,why would he take less money and a year extra with the Heat!?

I'm just reporting whats out there. Personally I think it's unlikely he signs with the Heat but it wouldn't surprise me either.

Advertisement