Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

People using photos without permission

• 29-06-2009 5:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 788 ✭✭✭

A venue in town are using two of my own photographs on their Facebook fanpage that they've taken from my Flickr account. Both these photographs had been tagged by me with the name of their venue. I emailed them stating that they didn't ask my permission before using them and could they please take them down. I didn't get any answer so I reported the images to Facebook stating that they were my own and that I wasn't asked permission. The images are still up though. I don't know what else I can do :(:confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Get a screen shot of the page.

Send them an invoice for the use of your images.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Anouilh

CabanSail wrote: »

While this is a good idea if a person is involved in commercial photography, it may make things complicated to ask for money.

Basically the OP seems to want the site in question to stop using his photos. Good manners should win out and the people running the site should comply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

CabanSail wrote: »

Just wondering who you would send the invoice too the company of facebook?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

megcork wrote: »
    Both these photographs had been tagged by me with the name of their venue.

If they're tagged in the photos then that's why they're on their page. if you untag them, they will be removed from their photostream!

Technically they didn't steal your photos, you gave them to them or allowed them to use them by tagging them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

No, you'd invoice the club. That's if you want to go down that road.

Why don't you give them a shout? See what they have to say. You own the copyright on the images, and yes, they are in the wrong.

It might be better that you get your monies worth of free entry and free hooch than directly sending an invoice.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I agree with Fajitas! but the invoice would have had a reaction to get them motivated to remove the images while a polite request has failed, though I doubt they would actually pay.

I am not aware of how Facebook works & have never really had the need or inclination to get involved with any of these social networking sites. I would still doubt that they would be allowed to lift images to use without permission.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Afaik, as mentioned above, if you tag someone or something in a photo, it will appear in that persons "photo" area or "photostream" and by accessing that they can then set that as their profile picture.

No, the OP is talking about the images being taken off Flickr and used on Facebook. She tagged the images with the clubs name on Flickr, hence them finding it, but the OP never uploaded them to Facebook herself (As far as I can see)

Facebook have some pretty horrible rules set out for uploading photos, so not only would the club be in breach of these, but they would have put forward the OP's images to Facebook to use as they seem fair by their own 'house rules', which you'd want to read up on :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 788 ✭✭✭sleepyescapade

Yup, Fajitas is spot on in the above post. Thanks for all your help, they've gone and removed them now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

check your flickr images and make sure you have them marked as copyright and not under any creative commons rules. Print screen this, then send the link, an invoice and the printscreen in a letter to the club!

• Advertisement

megcork wrote: »
    Yup, Fajitas is spot on in the above post. Thanks for all your help, they've gone and removed them now.

I hope you get a few free pints off'em :pac:

Advertisement