Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Renault's servicing deal - any car €179 + free bluetooth kit

• 29-06-2009 5:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,262 ✭✭✭

Has anyone seen this new ad for renault? They are offering a full service plus free bluetooth hands free car kit for €179 for cars 4 years old or older.

Terms are below:

- Offer consists of a full service including the replacement of oil, oil filter, air filter, spark plugs (in the case of petrol engines) and fuel filter (in the case of diesel engines), a Renault approved 25 point safety inspection and a free “Supertooth one” Bluetooth hands-free car kit.

- Offer available to cars and vans of all makes and models 4 years or older.

- Offer is only available at participating Renault dealers. Non-participating Renault dealers may have their own specific service offers.

- Offer is restricted to 4 cylinder petrol (normally aspirated) and 4 cylinder diesel (turbo-charged or normally aspirated) engines up to 2.5 litres, and excludes high performance or “sports” models. Please contact your Renault dealer for a quote on these vehicles.

- Offer is inclusive of vat at 13.5% and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers.

- “Supertooth one” Bluetooth hands-free car kits are only available while stocks last. Participating Renault dealers may choose to offer goods or services to the equivalent value if there is insufficient stock available.

- Renault Ireland reserves the right to make amendments to the content of the offer at the discretion of the company.

- Offer is valid until 31st of August 2009

I wonder would they do my 6 cylinder BMW if I asked....

Seems like a good deal anyway!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

They will do any car you like, they will just charge more for the 6 cylinder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

I'd be a bit dubious as they were offering a similar deal of €149 plus 1 year's AA membership when I left my car in for a service in Airside Renault about 8 weeks ago. However when I asked for this deal they said it was only a cursory check and didn't include oil change, etc so I went for the standard service and that set me back €280.

Make sure you find out exactly what you're getting service wise.

I
    Make sure you find out exactly what you're getting service wise.

Is that not this bit?:)

Offer consists of a full service including the replacement of oil, oil filter, air filter, spark plugs (in the case of petrol engines) and fuel filter (in the case of diesel engines), a Renault approved 25 point safety inspection and a free “Supertooth one” Bluetooth hands-free car kit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Typical. My local dealer (Cork) isn't on the list of participants!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 compoo

Seems as if somebody is promoting their business again on this site!
    Nothing unusual!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

So this bluetooth kit, is it a piece of crap?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,479 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Stephen wrote: »
    So this bluetooth kit, is it a piece of crap?
    The Supertooth One is a practical hands free kit that is compatible with all Bluetooth mobile phones.

You can answer calls by voice activation, and the handy automatic connection system means it will automatically recognise your mobile phone and connect as soon as you get into the car. Multipoint technology even means you can use it with several different mobiles (a personal phone and a work phone for example).

What's more, the Supertooth One uses DSP technology to eliminate echo and background noise for optimal audio quality, and Bluetooth A2DP connectivity is on-hand for transferring high-quality audio files. Plus with the Full Duplex Supertooth One 2 people can chat away at the same time.

The Supertooth One can be easily attached to your vehicle's windscreen and is ideal for keeping in touch safely while you're on the road!

Specifications:

- Dimensions: 120 x 64 x 21 mm
    - Weight: 100 g
    - Talk time: 15 hours
    - Standby battery life: 800 hours
    - Charging time: 3 hours
    - Power: Li-ion battery
    - Interface: Bluetooth v2.0

Accessories supplied:

- In-car charger
    - Sunroof clip
    g_01030874.jpg

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

This is hardly groundbreaking price wise is it? I had an 07 Focus serviced by a Ford main dealer for c.€150 last year.

Here's a decent bluetooth visor mounted unit. Cheap as chips too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 compoo

Hi can you clearly explain what type of service did you recieve, type of oil used parts e.t.c for your ford focus!

compoo wrote: »
    Seems as if somebody is promoting their business again on this site!
    Nothing unusual!

You mean the OP or the flash ad thats in the top and bottom corner for the last few weeks?:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

Stekelly wrote: »
    Is that not this bit?:)

Offer consists of a full service including the replacement of oil, oil filter, air filter, spark plugs (in the case of petrol engines) and fuel filter (in the case of diesel engines), a Renault approved 25 point safety inspection and a free “Supertooth one” Bluetooth hands-free car kit.

In that case, I'm well and truly p1ssed off cause for €280, all I got was an oil and filter change, no plugs or anything else apart from the "visual inspection" (yeah right, pity they missed the part where they broke the dipstick until I pointed this out to them) and topping up levels (which I do myself anyways).

I've been getting my car serviced in my main dealer just to keep within the warranty but now that thats expired, I'm going to start servicing my car myself as I can do the oil, plugs and filters in about 20 minutes and it'll only cost me about €50 for the parts and consumables in my local motor factors. With the money I'll save, I can get a decent bluetooth system.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

compoo wrote: »
    Hi can you clearly explain what type of service did you recieve, type of oil used parts e.t.c for your ford focus!

Full annual service. Oil, filter etc. All standard Ford products.

Advertisement