Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

lost and damned help

• 29-06-2009 5:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭

Hey all need help on this i downloaded lost and damned a couple of weeks back then i got the ring of death again, so i got the console replaced and i went to try the lost and damned there and i cant find it anywhere.can some tell me where i should find it and is it deleted, should it not be on my hard drive:confused: help please asap

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

If your console was replaced, you would need to re-download it so it's active on the new console i think. You won't have to pay again though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

If your console was replaced, you would need to re-download it so it's active on the new console i think. You won't have to pay again though.
    when i try to downloaded it again it says it cost 1600 points not paying twice for it any idea where it should be on the console looking everywhere just cant find where the dowloads are

On the download page, does it have a tick next to it?

Go into system/memory settings, it should be in there

On the download page, does it have a tick next to it?

Go into system/memory settings, it should be in there

yea its there how to i access the content to play it cheers for your help

You still have the gta game disc? put that into the console and fire it up, it should ask if you want to play Lost & Damned when loading

• Advertisement

put the game in logged in on xbox live and it just started to play the normal gta4, when i go into the market place menu in game flip over to download again it does for free then where it says play now its no highlighted only continue is in white i press that then it takes me out of that menu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I think you need to transfer your licences of ownership to the new 360. Here's some help

http://majornelson.com/archive/2008/06/26/content-license-transfer-tool-aka-the-drm-tool.aspx

Great link there creggy followed them steps ran into trouble when i i go into the second stage in download history i find gtaiv click on it it says purchease but i dont have enough points and the same for war and call of duty 4 help this is doing my head in

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Have a look at this its linked to the xbox website..
    http://consumerist.com/5020443/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Single Malt

Did you dl with another profile? Otherwise it should be available from dl history. There may be a price beside it, but if its downloaded before, then its free. If the game is on harddrive, then you should be able to play (with the profile it was downloaded with) when logged into LIVE.

• Advertisement

Did you dl with another profile? Otherwise it should be available from dl history. There may be a price beside it, but if its downloaded before, then its free. If the game is on harddrive, then you should be able to play (with the profile it was downloaded with) when logged into LIVE.

No I only ever had one gamer tag on live before. I went on to the xbox.com/drm i found the game it said i already have downloaded this content do i want to download it again so i said yes it cane up complete but where it says play now its not white just dull and wont let me select this option it only lets me continue.Then after i doen the drm on the xbox and it just says buy now with all my game add on :confused:

Ok i for one am getting confused now, can you clear up exactly what happened and what steps you have taken. Right from the start preferably..

You sent off your xbox, without the hard drive..got it back and then what

Also is this the same with all content of just the GTA stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

It could be something weird going on with the hard drive where you might need to delete the local content for GTA and download it again or migrate your licenses to the new console id (seems to be a different console to the one you sent in).

The problem seems to be that it detects that it is already on the hard drive and won't let it play.

If I was to guess, I'd say the console id changed and you have a different Xbox which is causing a werid situation to occur which I'll try to explain.

1) you login with your gamertag and you go on to market place so it sees your purchases.
    2) you go to download the lost and the damned which is already on your hard drive.
    3) your xbox detects the content is already downloaded and doesn't download it again, the play now is greyed out as the content was originally downloaded to a different console with a different console id using your gamertag so everything is associated with this other console.
    4) Xbox Live decides that something fishy is going on and locks the content presuming that this is an attempt to give the friend the game content.

As far as I can remember (it is hazy as it was a while ago) a friend had a similar problem. He brought his hard drive only over to my house and hooked it up to my 360 so we could play Puzzle Fighter HD (I didn't think it would work from go) so he logged into his profile on my console and could only play the trial game. The full game was still locked because the console id was different.

Ya its to do with the drm on the content thebman but I gave him a link to fix this above, assuming he did that then the problem should be fixed if it was just the drm issue. So something not right somewhere along the line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

As you seem to have tried everything else... have you tried booting up GTA IV, then loading up one of the LatD save games?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Axwell wrote: »
    Ya its to do with the drm on the content thebman but I gave him a link to fix this above, assuming he did that then the problem should be fixed if it was just the drm issue. So something not right somewhere along the line.

Yeah when I upgraded to an elite I did the console migration with no problems.

I did download everything again which is why I think if the guy has complete console migration, he should delete the old content from the hard drive and download the game again. Could be that some of the content on the hard drive uses the console id for some reason. No real way to know.

Might want to try loading the save from GTA as someone else posted.

Or ring Ms and see what they have to say about it. If its marked with a tick on the market place at first then everything server side is fine so they know your gamertag owns the game so I don't think there should be a problem deleting it and downloading it again to try that as a fix.

update guys
    its still not working but now i go in to my download history its sees gtaiv says download again with out paying so i did then it comes up play now option in white click that, it then puts the game in and then the old gtaiv loads up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Single Malt

fox007 wrote: »
    update guys
    its still not working but now i go in to my download history its sees gtaiv says download again with out paying so i did then it comes up play now option in white click that, it then puts the game in and then the old gtaiv loads up
    Go to where it says Start new game in the in-game menu, and start there. GTA will always load the last save. You cannot start TLAD off the bat unless your last save was TLAD.

when I started the game the last time I played lad I didint save it so it keeps loading up the last saved game on old gta.will try that when i get home and see what happens thanks

doen this all is fixed thanks everybody for there help

for some strang reason it 24 hrs to register the new xbox and its contents so thanks again

• Advertisement
Advertisement