Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

trolley scandal in lidl

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,078 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Merriam-Webster doesn't mention shopping trollies.:(

Scandal:

1 a: discredit brought upon religion by unseemly conduct in a religious person b: conduct that causes or encourages a lapse of faith or of religious obedience in another
    2: loss of or damage to reputation caused by actual or apparent violation of morality or propriety : disgrace
    3 a: a circumstance or action that offends propriety or established moral conceptions or disgraces those associated with it b: a person whose conduct offends propriety or morality <a scandal to the profession>
    4: malicious or defamatory gossip
    5: indignation, chagrin, or bewilderment brought about by a flagrant violation of morality, propriety, or religious opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭hoganpoly

kwalshe wrote: »
    OP..... get a grip..... don't be clogging up my beloved boards with this nonsense, if you that stuck for a € pm your address and I'll send one to you.... along with a b itch slap.....

my beloved boards seems to have attracted some morons over this issue,i simply pointed out that god forbid i forgot my euro coin how dare i and simply wished for some assistance like being able to release a trolley without the need of a coin ,surely this is an everyday occurence that as usual people say nothing and put up,scandal i know was a bit harsh but it sure got your attention,in the current climate people like me are tired of 'putting up' and although a small issue it bothered me and i am a tax paying citizen and entitled to my opinion ,so get a grip posters and see the bigger picture..

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Sometimes, I hear stupid whines like this, and it makes me want to give each and every Lidl and Aldi staffer a hug.

Imagine having to routinely deal with this kind of deluded entitlement?

Jaysus wept.

Tell me about it, having worked a few retail jobs and currently work in a call centre i can back up that old saying, the public are morons, the other day in Dunnes some woman was in front of me holding up the queue bitching that she missed her 6pm bus because the queue was too long, she was waiting in the line in front of me for all of 2 minutes, as if it was the checkout girls fault that this old bint went shopping with a few mins to catch the bus, idiot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭nayorleck114

Man its a discount store!. Believe me the last thing you are going to get is a free euro, Get real.

calex71 wrote: »
    The assistant offered to change a note for you so you would have change, what more did you want? :mad:

EXACTLY!! THE NAIL ON THE HEAD. :):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

hoganpoly wrote: »
    my beloved boards seems to have attracted some morons over this issue,i simply pointed out that god forbid i forgot my euro coin how dare i and simply wished for some assistance like being able to release a trolley without the need of a coin ,surely this is an everyday occurence that as usual people say nothing and put up,scandal i know was a bit harsh but it sure got your attention,in the current climate people like me are tired of 'putting up' and although a small issue it bothered me and i am a tax paying citizen and entitled to my opinion ,so get a grip posters and see the bigger picture..

Oh the irony:rolleyes:

so you just expect stuff for free then?you said the checkout girl offered to break the 50 for you, which you would have been spending anyway, what does paying tax have anything to do with this? and if it is an everyday occurance as you say, then thats all the more reason to not do it, say 10 people like you ask for a coin every day, that comes out of the checkout girls wages if her float is down all the time, think thats a bit more important than your euro, she did more than enough for you, stop whinging

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

No. You look at the bigger picture.

There was no reasonable way for this girl to fix your self-inflicted problem for you, but she still offered you more courtesy than you extended her.

And then you wanted to bitch and moan about it anyway on the basis that in "these recessionary times", it is her place in the world, because you pay her employer. Your sense of entitlement is demented.

Sit back there for a minute and imagine how incredibly frustrating this stupid attitude sounds from that girl's point of view.

"I don't have a Euro for the trolley. But I buy lots of stuff, and there's a recession. Therefore, give me a euro, peasant."

?

That's what it boils down to.

"Upsetting the float" - ie. Taking cash right out of the till - for the sake of those one hundred little cents that you lacked entirely through your own error could have cost that girl her job.

In these recessionary times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

i am a tax paying citizen and entitled to my opinion

LOL thats funny . :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Euro_Kraut

...........,in the current climate people like me are tired of 'putting up' and although a small issue it bothered me and i am a tax paying citizen and entitled to my opinion ,so get a grip posters and see the bigger picture..

You know if you had a euro for every cliché you use.... well you wouldn't have problems unlocking shopping trolleys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭nibtrix

i am a tax paying citizen and entitled to my opinion

Oh, well if you pay tax then of course you're entitled to get a free euro and/or abuse the checkout operator (who presumably pays tax as well) :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

calex71 wrote: »
    The assistant offered to change a note for you so you would have change, what more did you want? :mad:

Exactly! I know in one of the shops where I worked, we weren't allowed to open the till (system wouldn't let us) unless there was a sale, so we wouldn't even have been able to break a note for the customers.

I really don't see what the assistant did wrong, she told you that she wasn't able to release the trolley, she offered to break the note to give you change (which she didn't have to do, she could have just told you there was nothing else she could do). Just because you were being cheeky expecting her to give you cash out of her till (which she quite rightly refused to do) you decided to go off in a strop? No wonder she looked 'unfazed', she was probably delighted to see the back of you!

Oh and BTW, in 'Recessionary times' the likes of Aldi and Lidl are doing huge trade because everyone is trying to keep the grocery bills down. I live near one of each of these, and you can't get near them on Saturday or Sunday. I doubt the loss of one customer is going to be even a drop in the ocean for them.

krudler wrote: »
    Tell me about it, having worked a few retail jobs and currently work in a call centre i can back up that old saying, the public are morons, the other day in Dunnes some woman was in front of me holding up the queue bitching that she missed her 6pm bus because the queue was too long, she was waiting in the line in front of me for all of 2 minutes, as if it was the checkout girls fault that this old bint went shopping with a few mins to catch the bus, idiot

Worked in a games shop. Had the head eaten off me for, among other things, not knowing about products we didn't sell, not knowing what console every customer owned, and my personal favourite, not offering lessons on how to play a Wii.

Minimum wage employees are not paid enough to accept whatever kind of nonsensical fit of abuse you see fit to fling at them.

Instead, they do their job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

Talk to us hoganpoly . This is a great story to tell in work tomorrow

I would like to know on which planet the poster is from!. I mean get real!.
    The girl in Lidl made the right decision, They are not a charity. Tesco would not do it!. (I know that for a fact!

I feel like this:
    Euro_Kraut wrote: »
    You know if you had a euro for every cliché you use.... well you wouldn't have problems unlocking shopping trolleys.

needs to be quoted on this page, so we can all bask in it a bit.

I would like to know on which planet the poster is from!. I mean get real!.
    The girl in Lidl made the right decision, They are not a charity. Tesco would not do it!. (I know that for a fact!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Just do what I do and keep a €1 coin permanently in the car FFS. I sometimes fear for the future of the human race when I read posts like the OP's, I really do.

nibtrix wrote: »
    Oh, well if you pay tax then of course you're entitled to get a free euro and/or abuse the checkout operator (who presumably pays tax as well) :rolleyes:

Of course not!

Sure she's only a checkout operator. They're not real people, like you, me, or the OP. No no. They exist purely to give us their money whenever we so demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭herya

Euro_Kraut wrote: »

I'm not sure, s/he raked up at least 10 and this could be a note. Back to square one.

so much for a discussion forum no-one got enough balls to see my point of view or is tommorow going to be hug a discount store staff day :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

so much for a discussion forum no-one got enough balls to see my point of view or is tommorow going to be hug a discount store staff day :D

It is a discussion forum......the fact that your a snotty nosed condascending gob****e has been discussed at length.

On behalf of the lidl checkout girl: **** off you moron.

That's what really amazes me. After all this, you haven't even recognised how ridiculous your reasoning was. So you'll just go and treat somebody else you know exactly the same way you treated a complete stranger in Lidl.

Boggles my damn mind, it really does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

sorry but i have to agree completely with shop assistant

any money goes missing from the til comes from your wage slip !

may i ask whats your problem with the trolley if you get your money back when your done anyway ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

You asked the wrong person to unlock the trolley tbh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Cormic

This is priceless. I hope the poor girl in Lidl posts this episode on

http://notalwaysright.com/

It is full of stories of this kind of customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

kona - Less of that kind of language please.

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

robbie_998 wrote: »

any money goes missing from the til comes from your wage slip !

Eh, that's not legal at all.....
    Payment of Wages Act 1991

From working in a hotel I once smashed a case of wine. Or more correctly, the carboard was wet and the bottom of the box fell out. Expensive wine I was told, coming out of your wages. Quote the act, issue solved

Anyway OP, the shop assistant did offer to help. They were probably glad to see you go. You would have found something else to complain about

I'll bet the OP is the same customer that has to complain hysterically to the cashier about paying for a plastic bag.

Every.

Single.

Time.

That's what really amazes me. After all this, you haven't even recognised how ridiculous your reasoning was. So you'll just go and treat somebody else you know exactly the same way you treated a complete stranger in Lidl.

Boggles my damn mind, it really does.

boggles my mind you g..****e ,go on go in to lidl tommorow and give all the staff a big hug it might make you feel better poor devil:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

in fairness OP probably got confused by the staff (butler, maid, mommy) not being available to do the shopping for them.

I have read it all now I think this should go down as thread of the year.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement