Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

changing illness plan & home insurance

Options
  • 29-06-2009 5:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

hi,
    just wondering if someone could shed some light on this which i've been thinking about changing for a while. when we got our mortgage last year we had to get home insurance and an illness plan (which we got through aib along with the mortgage) which costs total €100 a month. now we got a letter saying thats going to go up coz of inflation (!) so i'm wondering can i just change to someone else if i can find a cheaper total or do i have to stay with them for a certain amount of time?! would appreciate any info on this!
    cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭broker2008

hi,
    just wondering if someone could shed some light on this which i've been thinking about changing for a while. when we got our mortgage last year we had to get home insurance and an illness plan (which we got through aib along with the mortgage) which costs total €100 a month. now we got a letter saying thats going to go up coz of inflation (!) so i'm wondering can i just change to someone else if i can find a cheaper total or do i have to stay with them for a certain amount of time?! would appreciate any info on this!
    cheers

You don't have to stay a length of time although the policy may be assigned, which means you can't cancel without their permission. The policy that is going up due to inflation probably has the serious illness cover/life cover going up also. You could contact the insurance company and refuse the increase ie no indexation.

Advertisement