Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lazy Gardai

Options
  • 29-06-2009 6:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Maybe I'm mistaken but the Gardai in Kilkenny appear to be slightly incompetent, take for instance that the bank in Graignamanagh was robbed of it's atm machine by a group of man with a JCB in the middle of the night, nearly collapsing the building itself yet the bank was right across from the local station. A similar incident also took place in Callan when the local post office was robbed, again right across from the local Garda station. Maybe if the local Gardai devoted more time to investigating real crime rather than making regular trips to the nearest centra/spar, embarrassments like these would be less common.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Don't know for sure about Callan, but the other one is a part-time station. I think Callan is too. Please don't go accusing people of incompetence when you don't know the facts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭bo-bo

what a lazy post. please op, consider that people may actually read what you post.

poor, poor effort :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

nmcl93 wrote: »
    Maybe I'm mistaken but the Gardai in Kilkenny appear to be slightly incompetent, take for instance that the bank in Graignamanagh was robbed of it's atm machine by a group of man with a JCB in the middle of the night, nearly collapsing the building itself yet the bank was right across from the local station.

I believe that Garda Station in Graigue isn't in 24hr use meaning it probably wasn't manned at the time of the theft.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Both stations are not 24hr stations with only limited gardai on duty at all times, all other times Gardai coms via the intercoms at the stations is routed to Kilkenny.

Its certainly not the fault of Gardai in either places as they simply were not on duty and/or in the station, its been like this for years going back to atleast the 60/70's

I believe Thomastown and Kilkenny City are the only 24/7 stations in Kilkenny, clearly OP you don't know what your on about :)

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭kizzabel

The graigue gardai finish at 5am.... bank raided at 5.30am

it was well planned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭shapez

kizzabel wrote: »
    The graigue gardai finish at 5am.... bank raided at 5.30am

it was well planned.

Maybe even went up the road for the breakfast roll after it. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 mamags

nmcl93 wrote: »
    Maybe I'm mistaken but the Gardai in Kilkenny appear to be slightly incompetent, take for instance that the bank in Graignamanagh was robbed of it's atm machine by a group of man with a JCB in the middle of the night, nearly collapsing the building itself yet the bank was right across from the local station. A similar incident also took place in Callan when the local post office was robbed, again right across from the local Garda station. Maybe if the local Gardai devoted more time to investigating real crime rather than making regular trips to the nearest centra/spar, embarrassments like these would be less common.

BOSS SAY'S ....." RIGHT, EVERY ONE HAS TO WORK AN EXTRA HALF HOUR, JUST IN CASE WE GET ROBBED " WOULD YOU ??

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Satyr_The_Great

I had to call the cops one night here near Castlecomer at 3am cause of the stupid boy racers, just one week after they crached into my aunts wall.
    I reached them in Castlecomer, and within 10 minutes of my call, they passed my house, and within another 5 minutes, they boy racers had stopped, and havnt been speeding on my road since.
    I cant say the cops around Castlecomer are lazy cause every time we have needed them they were hear and we reached them at what ever hour we needed them, and it wasnt routed back to the Kilkenny station, cause no way would they travel 20 miles in less than 10 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭se conman

I am very surprised nd pleased to see so much support for the Gardai.OP should remember that it is a job and not a vocation.

Advertisement