Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carphone Warehouse

Options
  • 29-06-2009 6:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Is anybody having trouble getting a repair or refund on their phone with Carphone Warehouse?

Orcar

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Nope.

You might want to give a little detail about the kind of trouble you're having, as your question is very vague.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Please give details of the issue here. This is the Consumer Issues forum after all.

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Perfect fit

Provided you can show the fault (and have not just changed your mind) have the original box and receipt and your within 28 days you wont have a problem, if is past 28 days or dont have the above youll have to send it for repair

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Provided you can show the fault (and have not just changed your mind) have the original box and receipt and your within 28 days you wont have a problem,

well this was the complete opposite of my experience with my 1 week old iPhone last month fully boxed etc (lost my old iPhone and got new one through insurance so knew it was a fault with phone and I was simply looking for replacement not refund / different model).

There was quite ALOT of arguing for about 30 mins before I was begrudingly given a replacement iPhone.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

miju wrote: »
    well this was the complete opposite of my experience with my 1 week old iPhone last month fully boxed etc (lost my old iPhone and got new one through insurance so knew it was a fault with phone and I was simply looking for replacement not refund / different model).

There was quite ALOT of arguing for about 30 mins before I was begrudingly given a replacement iPhone.

Same thing happened me, only with a sony ericsson phone. It was less than a week old too. You'd swear the sales guy thought I wanted him to personally pay for a new phone for me! I was very polite about the whole thing, but stood my ground and told them if they refused to replace it I'd go to the small claims court (although I'm not actually sure if I could have gone down that route ;) but the guy behind the counter didn't seem to know that) and it was only then that I was given the replacement phone. I'd never buy a phone there again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Blue_Wolf

If he saw the fault on the phone than there is no reason why he shouldn't have replaced it. Personally if someone threatened me with small claims court I would just say "Good luck with that". Like I care that they want to go to court...? :pac:

If customer is rude to me than I make it very awkward for them but if you were polite than maybe the sales person was a di*khead!
    Toots* wrote: »
    Same thing happened me, only with a sony ericsson phone. It was less than a week old too. You'd swear the sales guy thought I wanted him to personally pay for a new phone for me! I was very polite about the whole thing, but stood my ground and told them if they refused to replace it I'd go to the small claims court (although I'm not actually sure if I could have gone down that route ;) but the guy behind the counter didn't seem to know that) and it was only then that I was given the replacement phone. I'd never buy a phone there again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭rosiec

I had awful problems with them about 4 years ago. Basically i got a semiens phone when i joined a bank in college, 2 weeks later it started to lose reception. The week after that i brought it back the my local carphone warehouse to get it exchanged for a phone that did work only to be told they wouldnt swap it for a new one, but they'd preapre it. Fair enough.

5 months later, and 3 attempts at repairs they still couldnt fix it. They kept insisting that it was fixed, even when i turned it on in the shop and showed them that it wouldnt connect to the network. I couldnt get any good out of them at all, ended up getting Dad to go in and rip pieces out of them. They even started to tell us the staff we had dealt with previously had left the company even though we knew they were working in another CW store!

FINALLY after 6 months they gave up trying to repair it and gave me a reconditioned nokia. They were the biggest shower of ............. I've ever dealt with. I'd never deal with them again. I hope you have better luck!

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Blue_Wolf wrote: »
    If customer is rude to me than I make it very awkward for them but if you were polite than maybe the sales person was a di*khead!

He was a bit of an arse alright. TBH, from being on the other side of the counter 9-5 on weekdays, I know how horrible it is to have customers getting preachy and sanctimonious and if anything, it makes me want to help them less, so I'm never rude when I complain about anything :) You get much further by being nice and civil rather than ranting and raving.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Blue_Wolf

Perhaps it was just that store...? Like you get that type of jazz no matter what store you go into. Hardly the companies fault. I know what O2/Vodafone and meteor stores to go into and which ones to avoid because they are not nice. (I have been on all networks)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

miju wrote: »

Apple has an odd returns policy but I think it's understandable. 90% of problems people have with apple products are either their own fault for not understanding it or the phone just needs a reset so they insist that people call them and go through the procedure on the phone which random shop plebs don't know about. Basically it's apple's policy that all returns go through them so that shop actually lost the full price of your iPhone because Apple wouldn't take it back from them or would at least fight them on it, hence the 30 minutes arguing.
    Toots* wrote: »

He was wrong to do that. If the fault is evident within 28 days there's no reason not to give you a replacement. Unfortunately for some reason some staff don't know that.
    rosiec wrote: »
    I had awful problems with them about 4 years ago. Basically i got a semiens phone when i joined a bank in college, 2 weeks later it started to lose reception. The week after that i brought it back the my local carphone warehouse to get it exchanged for a phone that did work only to be told they wouldnt swap it for a new one, but they'd preapre it. Fair enough.

As above.

• Advertisement
Advertisement