Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Question about arts? HELP!

• 29-06-2009 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

Arts in Maynooth...I want to do English, History & Psychology but cant because of subject grouping restrictions..soo if I do English, Psychology & Irish in 1st Year can I do English and History in 2nd year?? Dont want to do Arts anywhere else..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Nope, you've to keep the 2 subjects from the previous year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

goose1 wrote: »
    Arts in Maynooth...I want to do English, History & Psychology but cant because of subject grouping restrictions..soo if I do English, Psychology & Irish in 1st Year can I do English and History in 2nd year?? Dont want to do Arts anywhere else..

If psychology isnt a priority then when take it at all?

If you aren't intent on following through with the subject, you may be better off with something else?

Dont worry about it now, you have two weeks to shop around at the start of the year (please do!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭TheeItcha

I did History, english and sociology in first year and the work load was almost unbearable. Too answer your question you have to keep two of your first year subjects whilst dropping one. If you want to study English and History you should take anthropologyn with them in first year because it requires FA work.
    Rozabeez wrote: »
    Nope, you've to keep the 2 subjects from the previous year.

Roisín how did you do in Sociology? I managed to pass my fail by compensation such a relief :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

TheeItcha wrote: »
    If you want to study English and History you should take anthropologyn with them in first year because it requires FA work

You should do what interests you to get the most from the experience

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

In a word, no. Think about it logically, you can't just pick up a new subject in Second year after studying something else for First Year...

As other posters have said, you can only keep 2 of your subjects from first year. Can't say anything about Irish, but with English and Psychology, expect a lot of work and reading from the get go. I had a friend who did English, Psychology and Sociology in first year, she literally had an assignment every week, plus enormous amounts of reading. I did English, Spanish and Geography, keeping on the English and Spanish.

Which, of the English, History and Psychology is most important to you? Maybe look into other subjects? Check out the prospectus and dept. websites etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement