Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK SET TO SIZZLE IN HEATWAVE

Options
  • 29-06-2009 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭

Bcos its now obvious that Ireland is set to miss out on all the fun and games regarding heat (the high teens, gas!) im focusing on the uk heatwave. :rolleyes: the uk is now bracing itself for some serious heat, by midweek temperatures are set to reach 33 degrees, with a heatwave alert issued/ emergency situation (level 4). could the all time record of 38 in kent be matched or beaten?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Yep , it's hot dry and sunny here in north west england,with ( thankfully) a nice cool breeze .Have to have all the doors and windows open to .Same for the rest of the week .

Didn't realise ireland was not getting same weather

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭IMBACKLATER

No it will be cooler and more unsettled here, the atlantic is spitting cloud / rain muck at us, the exceptionally hot continental air mass is not filtering through here, so we are getting more banal uneventful weather. in fact it will be pissing rain here tomorrow on the west coast and wednesday, enjoy the heatwave:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

The Gulf stream weather wise, doesn't favor Ireland at the best of times

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Hopefully we'll get some decent night time lightning in the wesht. tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭IMBACKLATER

i didnt know that was being forecast?!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Already starting to show up on radar.

anyway, I'm not too bothered with heat. once you get bast 28,29 degrees is starts to get really uncomfortable.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Rain has ( a thin band so far) but no lightning

http://www.irlweather.com/wxStormVue.php

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Already starting to show up on radar.

anyway, I'm not too bothered with heat. once you get bast 28,29 degrees is starts to get really uncomfortable.

Indeed. 11pm and it's dropped to 25°C here in Paris and not really looking forward to tomorrows 31°C. A double-shower day :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Just of the phone to pal in Holland, very hot there, 30Degrees he said during the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Beanstalk

In bournemouth at the mo, early to mid twentys although theres rain on the horizon. I wouldn't mind but its been dead heat the last week here, no breeze at all, around 19-20 degrees at night.

• Advertisement
Advertisement