Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

60e tickets for the real vs rovers game

• 29-06-2009 7:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭

:rolleyes:

what a rip off, hope no one turns up tbh, talk about milking it.

60e lol

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭fillmore jive

Link?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

Link?

rte.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Real Madrid wont be cheap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭aliveandkicking

legs11 wrote: »

60e lol

You do realise the original 9000 tickets sold out the day they went on sale so they have now agreed to install 1200 extra temporary seats. Tickets for these extra seats go on sale tomorrow morning. €60 is expensive but then again it's Real Madrid coming to town. How much for a ticket to Slane or a gig in the Point?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

How much does a seat cost to a league match?

• Advertisement

You do realise the original 9000 tickets sold out the day they went on sale so they have now agreed to install 1200 extra temporary seats. Tickets for these extra seats go on sale tomorrow morning. €60 is expensive but then again it's Real Madrid coming to town. How much for a ticket to Slane or a gig in the Point?

60e is wayy too much irrespective of who is playing

I guess Ronaldo needs his wages huh

60e lol

recession busting prices !

Talk about taking the mick.

It would be some laugh if they just sent out their reserves or youths :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭ollaetta

[QUOTE=
    It would be some laugh if they just sent out their reserves or youths :pac:[/QUOTE]

I've been saying this since the start. There is no guarantee of any sort that they will play their "stars" and if they do it will be for a casual stroll for 20 mins max.

€60 is ridiculous but they're getting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Is the 60 Euro for Club Level? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

The first allocation of tickets sold out.

If you don't like it, don't fucking go?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

RasTa wrote: »
    How much does a seat cost to a league match?

Rovers league match: 15e
    Real League match: 45e

How in all honesty can they justify it with figures like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

ecoli wrote: »

coz people paid it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

supply_and_demand.gif

TBH.

Tickets for Hibs and Newcastle are 15 quid. This is a P1 gig and not controlled by Rovers.

The Madrid game is an enjoyable diversion from the season, whoever they play on the day.

Makes me laugh: people who don't even know who Rovers are, thinking that somehow their concerns have to be accommodated re: price and ticketing just because some of their ex-princesses are involved.

If you don't like the price, just vote with your feet and don't go. You won't be missed and life will go on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭paulcorr

Helix wrote: »
    coz people paid it?
    the price of the tickets have been set by platnium one shamrock rovers have no control over prices or sales of the tickets for this match im a shamrock rovers season ticket holder who like all other football supporters had to pay 60 euro for a ticket i paid 200 euro for my season ticket which intitles me to watch 18 home league games at tallaght which works out a little over 11 euro a game 60 euro is steep but as a rovers suppoter its a once in a lifetime match at home in our new stadium against real madrid better than playing bray wanderers any day if people find the price to dear dont go nobody will miss you when the league of ire restarts this weekend and the real football fans come out to watch there teams

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

stovelid wrote: »
    Tickets for Hibs and Newcastle are 15 quid. This is a P1 gig and not controlled by Rovers.

The Madrid game is an enjoyable diversion from the season, whoever they play on the day.

Makes me laugh: people who don't even know who Rovers are, thinking that somehow their concerns have to be accommodated re: price and ticketing just because some of their ex-princesses are involved.

If you don't like the price, just vote with your feet and don't go. You won't be missed and life will go on.

Post of the century.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

paulcorr wrote: »
    the price of the tickets have been set by platnium one shamrock rovers have no control over prices or sales of the tickets for this match im a shamrock rovers season ticket holder who like all other football supporters had to pay 60 euro for a ticket i paid 200 euro for my season ticket which intitles me to watch 18 home league games at tallaght which works out a little over 11 euro a game 60 euro is steep but as a rovers suppoter its a once in a lifetime match at home in our new stadium against real madrid better than playing bray wanderers any day if people find the price to dear dont go nobody will miss you when the league of ire restarts this weekend and the real football fans come out to watch there teams

im not entirely sure why youre telling me who set the price, i dont care. i dont care what the price was in the first place. someone asked how it could be justified, and i said it could be justified coz people paid it

simple answer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

60e lol

Hahaha fcuking hillarious post. Finger, pulse!!!

9000 tickets already sold out. An extra 1,200 tickets released for sale. Now maybe I'm wrong but I do think that the 9000 people who got tickets (and im one) will turn up to this.

p.s. stovelid, top top top post :D

Helix wrote: »
    im not entirely sure why youre telling me who set the price, i dont care. i dont care what the price was in the first place. someone asked how it could be justified, and i said it could be justified coz people paid it

simple answer
    sorry wasnt really aimed at you just the people who keep going on about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

€60 is a disgrace. They should have sold them for a tenner to make sure they filled the stadium.

Seriously though, Ireland v Poland friendly is the same price and you're about 2 kilometers away from the pitch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

60e lol

If it was Everton that Rovers were playing and for some reason, tickets were 60 euro, would you go??

I wouldnt look down on teams like that especially when they beat you that night:D

monkey9 wrote: »
    If it was Everton that Rovers were playing and for some reason, tickets were 60 euro, would you go??

Nail on the head here.

The subtext is that it's a scam to pay 60 bills to watch Rovers (who they?) rather than Madrid.

Must be bad. You always think to yourself: I can watch LOI for 1 shilling (plus wooden football rattle) when I want. Then a 'real' team product comes and they want 60 bills. WTF?!

I wouldnt look down on teams like that especially when they beat you that night:D
    not knocking them at all we havent beaten them this season just two of the worst games of football i seen in years bray are our bogie team hate playing them

monkey9 wrote: »

No I wouldn't, ACDC tickets were cheaper and thats, entertainment.

not watching some Real Madrid millionaires waltz around a pitch for 10 minutes to be replaced by people you never heard of in your life.

or maybe watching players your never heard of in your life be replaced by millionaires for the last 5 minutes.

so, meh.

:cool:

but if it floats your boat, then off you go

N

but if it doesn't float your boat, then off you don't go

Everyone's 'appy, innit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Top posts stovelid.

BTW this is known as milking the barstooler, and the thing is they'll pay for it, saying that were Rovers members/season ticket holders charged €60? If so that's a bit of a joke.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Will this game be shown live at all on the tele?

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

€60 is genius tbf, I mean it's sold out FFS, are P1 taking a cut of the sales?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Will this game be shown live at all on the tele?

Afaik there is like 10 TV crews coming over and a crazy amount of journos.
    €60 is genius tbf, I mean it's sold out FFS, are P1 taking a cut of the sales?

P1 paid Rovers and Real a flat fee, the rest of the earning are theirs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

stovelid wrote: »
    If you don't like it, don't fucking go?

And yet when Real Madrid aren't in town and Irish football fans adopt the above attitude towards LOI games, they get slated for apparently not being "real" fans.

bmcgov86 wrote: »
    Deadly punctuation and spelling in fairness....

My Eyes....!

I dont know what he was on about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Cork City charging €25 for a game Vs Ipswich. FC Shamrock Of Tallaght charging €60 for Real Madrid. I know which I think is better value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Britney charged €92 so people could listen to her CD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

LOI fan

was going to go to this, not now.

€60 is too much and a bit unfair though, people can come back with "dont f'ucking go if you dont want to" posts but it doesnt hide from the fact it is overpriced.

It will sell out due to Rovers fans dying to see their team up against the Galacticos, and you cant blame them. Throw in a couple of Kodak fans and a few "a feck it you'd spend that on a night out easy" lads and you have your full house.

The tickets should be alot less than €60

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

Trilla wrote: »
    LOI fan

€60 is too much and a bit unfair though, people can come back with "dont f'ucking go if you dont want to" posts but it doesnt hide from the fact it is overpriced.

It will sell out due to Rovers fans dying to see their team up against the Galacticos, and you cant blame them. Throw in a couple of Kodak fans and a few "a feck it you'd spend that on a night out easy" lads and you have your full house.

Judging by the speed at which they sold out (additional 1200 sold out already), they should be more expensive. Supply and demand and all that...

Gallacticos V Tallacticos, bring it on...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,461 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

makes sense - 15 to see Rovers, 45 to see Real, 60 to see both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

gimmick wrote: »
    Cork City charging €25 for a game Vs Ipswich. FC Shamrock Of Tallaght charging €60 for Real Madrid. I know which I think is better value.

And some people are charging €100 for tickets to the Real Madrid match, pure scum them touts.

Scum.

Trilla wrote: »
    LOI fan

How many of the people will be able to name or identify one player on the Rovers team (Maybe Twigg as he was on sky sports when they announced the game but that it) Rovers dont have the support of 75% of the people coming it just PL and CL team fans who want to see there clubs players over here

And yet when Real Madrid aren't in town and Irish football fans adopt the above attitude towards LOI games, they get slated for apparently not being "real" fans.

Not really. The people here are moaning about the price of something that they want to attend. If only we had the problem of masses of people here dying to go to LOI, but for the price of tickets. :D

/Shrugs. I predicted that the people who would cause most fuss about the fixture would be those who couldn't find the ground on a map. For me, I'll enjoy the game whoever plays but the match itself is secondary to the fact that we're playing Bohs and Derry over the same period.

Friendlies are financially important for LOI clubs, however.

As for Platinum One: it's their gig and our board got us the booking window, but I don't see how Rovers could dictate prices. The benefits, whether it's the publicity or our relationship with the SDCC, were far too good to turn down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

How many of the people will be able to name or identify one player on the Rovers team (Maybe Twigg as he was on sky sports when they announced the game but that it) Rovers dont have the support of 75% of the people coming it just PL and CL team fans who want to see there clubs players over here
    LOFL.

You do realise that the tickets when on sale first only to Rovers season ticket holders? And that accounted for over 75% of the sales.

LOFL.

You do realise that the tickets when on sale first only to Rovers season ticket holders? And that accounted for over 75% of the sales.

1. The season ticket holders werent charged 60e

2. if they accounted for 75% of sales there would be 6000 season ticket holders for a 3000 seater stadium

Something really doesnt add up here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

2. if they accounted for 75% of sales there would be 6000 season ticket holders for a 3000 seater stadium

Capacity for the game will be around 10,000 I thought ?

gustavo wrote: »
    Capacity for the game will be around 10,000 I thought ?

yeah with the additional seating announced after they sold out originally when went on sale to ticket holders it was planned for 9000 and 6000 of this was to be temporary to accomodate for this match

You're right, something doesn't add up. Your 'facts'.

Season ticket holders were chaged 60 euro per ticket.

Season ticket holders were allowed 2 tickets each.

There is something approaching 3000 season ticket holders including half season tickets.

Capacity for the game was 9000 before they increased it by another 1200 today.

yeah with the additional seating announced after they sold out originally when went on sale to ticket holders it was planned for 9000 and 6000 of this was to be temporary to accomodate for this match

Please stop talking out your arse. The original plan was for 9000 since day one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

not knocking them at all we havent beaten them this season just two of the worst games of football i seen in years bray are our bogie team hate playing them

Good because I love seeing Rovers fans going mad after the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

guys if want don't want to pay silly prices to sit in a windswept field in south dublin watching madrids reserves then do what i did and buy tickets for a league game lol ;) i got tickets first row and second row, main stand for real madrid and racing match in the bernabeu in february for 45euro each, i was able to pick my own seats on the real madrid official website, the stand had heaters above our heads, ryanair from madrid to dublin cost 10euro one way and yes its madrids main airport

vpi0qf.jpg

what was the view like you ask at that price

szg6kg.jpg

Nice one. In fairness, the heaters would make or break it for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

rossie1977 wrote: »
    guys if want don't want to pay silly prices to sit in a windswept field in south dublin watching madrids reserves then do what i did and buy tickets for a league game lol ;) i got tickets first row and second row, main stand for real madrid and racing match in the bernabeu in february for 45euro each, i was able to pick my own seats on the real madrid official website, the stand had heaters above our heads, ryanair from madrid to dublin cost 10euro one way and yes its madrids main airport

vpi0qf.jpg

what was the view like you ask at that price

szg6kg.jpg

All that way and you didnt get to sit together...that sucks.

Seriously tho, like other people say its supply and demand. 60 quid is the secondmost ive paid for a ticket. The most being the CCC div 1 play off final at Cardiff. There were (my)legends that day and im sure there'll be legends at this.

anyways, its 60 quid, sh!t or get off the pot. We'll tell you how it was.

and ps. regarding earlier mention about tractor boys, I wouldnt pay 60 cent to watch them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement