Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

60e tickets for the real vs rovers game

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

rossie1977 wrote: »
    guys if want don't want to pay silly prices to sit in a windswept field in south dublin watching madrids reserves then do what i did and buy tickets for a league game lol ;) i got tickets first row and second row, main stand for real madrid and racing match in the bernabeu in february for 45euro each, i was able to pick my own seats on the real madrid official website, the stand had heaters above our heads, ryanair from madrid to dublin cost 10euro one way and yes its madrids main airport
    I realise the implication of what I am about to say in the context of a Rovers friendly and all that, but... to do what you suggest, other than just going to sit there with your tongue hanging out of your head in awe at the 'spectacle', would mean actually supporting Real Madrid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

If people are moaning so much about the price of a Rovers -v- Real game at €60 a pop why not just pay the €15 for the Newcastle ro Hibs match and shut up giving the rest of us a headache!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Same old.

You don't have a stadium: the facilities are shit.

You get a UEFA 3-star venue and show the way for municipal ownership of football facilities: it's a windswept field in Wicklow that you don't own.

You play fixtures against normal LOI oppo; why do you always play against nobodies that people haven't heard of?.

You show the foresight to be included in a well-decent run of friendlies against good internationally-known oppo: you're ripping people off and they'll only play their reserves.

You stump up 600 quid membership plus a season ticket every year to help the club out and they sort you out with tickets first: you are betraying the hopes and dreams of the Ballina chapter of Real Madrid Ultras.

Seriously. Getoutofit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

stovelid wrote: »
    Same old.

You don't have a stadium: the facilities are shit.

You get a UEFA 3-star venue and show the way for municipal ownership of football facilities: it's a windswept field in Wicklow that you don't own.

You play fixtures against normal LOI oppo; why do you always play against nobodies that people haven't heard of?.

You show the foresight to be included in a well-decent run of friendlies against good internationally-known oppo: you're ripping people off and they'll only play their reserves.

You stump up 600 quid membership plus a season ticket every year to help the club out and they sort you out with tickets first: you are betraying the hopes and dreams of the Ballina chapter of Real Madrid Ultras.

Seriously. Getoutofit.

A1 Sharon, A1.:D Just for note the Real Madrid Ultras are known as the Ultras Sur.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Not really. The people here are moaning about the price of something that they want to attend. If only we had the problem of masses of people here dying to go to LOI, but for the price of tickets. :D

/Shrugs. I predicted that the people who would cause most fuss about the fixture would be those who couldn't find the ground on a map. For me, I'll enjoy the game whoever plays but the match itself is secondary to the fact that we're playing Bohs and Derry over the same period.

Friendlies are financially important for LOI clubs, however.

As for Platinum One: it's their gig and our board got us the booking window, but I don't see how Rovers could dictate prices. The benefits, whether it's the publicity or our relationship with the SDCC, were far too good to turn down.

It is rather expensive though,considering for example that tickets for the Emirates cup start at £25 per day with club level tickets at £50, big price difference there. The tickets have sold out which is great for all those involved and I am sure it will be a great match for those involved but as an outsider looking in it is expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Sixty quid may be a bit steep, but so are a lot of things, entertainment wise. This match is getting a lot of attention around the world due to Ronaldo and Kaka possibly making their debuts. A lot of journos will be there.
    The price is no big deal really. It's great event for Rovers and their fans.

I mean, if Real Madrid were playing St Pat's at Richmond Park, suffice it to say i would have no problem paying the 60 quid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭paulcorr

Have any of the people on here moaning about the price bought tickets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Kudos to the OP for combineing delayed outrage with being outraged on behalf of others into one super crap thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

rossie1977 wrote: »
    guys if want don't want to pay silly prices to sit in a windswept field in south dublin watching madrids reserves then do what i did and buy tickets for a league game lol ;) i got tickets first row and second row, main stand for real madrid and racing match in the bernabeu in february for 45euro each, i was able to pick my own seats on the real madrid official website, the stand had heaters above our heads, ryanair from madrid to dublin cost 10euro one way and yes its madrids main airport

vpi0qf.jpg

what was the view like you ask at that price

szg6kg.jpg

thats a dreadful view to be watching a football match from:confused:

• Advertisement

Helix wrote: »
    thats a dreadful view to be watching a football match from:confused:

Yeah but it only cost €45.:)

Stekelly wrote: »

And how much did it take to get over there.

Look, Real Madrid are playing in Tallaght for f*ck sake. What is the f*cking problem???

ah is that all? :eek:

well that explains it so

somehow bragging about paying 45 bloody quid to a football match

christ almighty

monkey9 wrote: »

Look, Real Madrid are playing in Tallaght for f*ck sake. What is the f*cking problem???

The friendly gripes are shorthand for the match being played in a 'windswept field' against a mickey mouse team. As opposed to flying all the way to Spain to sit nearly at the corner flag because the ticket is cheaper. And because the stand has heaters, no less.

If it were two real teams playing in Tallaght, there would be fewer or no gripes.

This is despite the fact that the people who want to go have bought tickets and those who don't want to go really don't have to.

ah is that all? :eek:

well that explains it so

somehow bragging about paying 45 bloody quid to a football match

christ almighty

monkey9 wrote: »

I think your confusing my position in this arguement.

Also, watch for the sarcasm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

I would love it if my team, Wexford Youths, could get opposition nearly 1/4 as good as Real Madrid. Fair play to Rovers for getting the gig, you beat everyone to it and deserve any rewards that come from it.

• Advertisement

I think your confusing my position in this arguement.

Also, watch for the sarcasm.

Sorry man, i meant to quote the original poster, but i got lazy!

oldyouth wrote: »
    I would love it if my team, Wexford Youths, could get opposition nearly 1/4 as good as Real Madrid. Fair play to Rovers for getting the gig, you beat everyone to it and deserve any rewards that come from it.
    the most sensible thing said on here yet fair play and im sure every other league of ireland club and fan are looking on in envy and would no doubt be glad to fork out 60 euro to see there fav team play real madrid

paulcorr wrote: »
    no doubt be glad to fork out 60 euro to see there fav team play real madrid

no bloody chance

no bloody chance
    why who do you support

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

who ever paid 60e for the tickets could do worse than check up the Madrid b or c team, as anyone who thinks galacticos on 200k a week or whatever will risk limbs in a wind swept field in wicklow for a meaningless game are in ga ga land.

I think you would be lucky to see Ronaldo play for 10 minutes.

This is not sour grapes but lets see.

The tickets are about 30e too expensive anyway, that be all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I really feel sorry for you Rovers fans, you are having to pay wages for Ronaldo when he probably won't play!

If he does play, I implore all of you to do an "Ashley Cole" and boo the sh1te out of him!

COME ON ROVERS!!!

legs11 wrote: »
    who ever paid 60e for the tickets could do worse than check up the Madrid b or c team, as anyone who thinks galacticos on 200k a week or whatever will risk limbs in a wind swept field in wicklow for a meaningless game are in ga ga land.

Do players above a certain wage not have pre seasons anymore?

why who do you support

drogs and villa

i wouldnt pay to see drogs playing a friendly that had been organised by a third party who were pocketing the cash no matter who it was against

in my life ive been to... *counts*... 4 friendlies

villa v inter milan - brought my dad for a trip
    drogs v villa twice when i was a nipper
    dundalk v liverpool - brought by my mate and his dad when i was younger

i think the most expensive one was a tenner

I really feel sorry for you Rovers fans

i doubt the majority of people in the stadium will be rovers fans to be honest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

i dont get all the anger.Madrid are the biggest club in the world,Ronaldo and Kaka might make their debuts.
    Friendly or not anyone with a football mad kid at home would want to see Kaka et all and may never get a chance to again.

If people want to pay 60 quid let them,if you dont then shut the fcuk up about it.Fair play to Rovers and hope they do well out of it.

Imagine a loi club showing the professional foresight to put themselves forward for this and get all this media attention and somehow they are still getting abuse:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

raven136 wrote: »
    i dont get all the anger.Madrid are the biggest club in the world,Ronaldo and Kaka might make their debuts.
    Friendly or not anyone with a football mad kid at home would want to see Kaka et all and may never get a chance to again.

If people want to pay 60 quid let them,if you dont then shut the fcuk up about it.Fair play to Rovers and hope they do well out of it.

Imagine a loi club showing the professional foresight to put themselves forward for this and get all this media attention and somehow they are still getting abuse:rolleyes:

A lot of sour grapes is all.

Apparently some northside Dublin club are playing a qualifier for european football soon and nobody knows anything about it because everybody is just talking about rovers....bound to be a lot of bitterness around:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I don't know if this has been posted yet but I'll throw it out there.

the reason it is 60 a ticket (and in fact the reason that it is happening at all) has nothing to do with Rovers, the company who are organising the Real pre-season camp (name eludes me atm) are basically leasing the ground from the city council/rovers for the day and they are the ones who are paying for reals fee, they will make MOST of the profit from the gates and they are the ones who are paying insurence, rental costs for temp seating, rental for the ground etc etc etc.

SRFC could not in anyway afford to do this themselves and if Real weren't staying so close for a week and a half this game would never have happened, infact, the only reason it is happening is because of the location.

real don't WANT to play SRFC, SRFC's board didnt pull this off, they just happened to have the facilities and the access and a sports and leasure company with vague irish connections which are based in Glasgow decided a nice PR stunt was on the offing.

either way, 60 yoyos is steep, but its cheaper than playing 45 + flights, accom and food to watch a Liverpool X1 play nobody anybody cares about in midddle of nowheresville in a shítty stadium.

i wouldnt pay to see drogs playing a friendly that had been organised by a third party who were pocketing the cash no matter who it was against

The benefits of the game have been way, way more tangible than who gets the money, although I certainly wouldn't be turning down the fee (or the 400+ half-season tickets sold on the back of this) in the middle of the transfer window. Rovers were more than right to take part.

P1 generally do the biz, especially for that price, but whoever Madrid field on the night, I'll enjoy it.

The benefits of the game have been way, way more tangible than who gets the money, although I certainly wouldn't be turning down the fee (or the 400+ half-season tickets sold on the back of this) in the middle of the transfer window. Rovers were more than right to take part.

P1 generally do the biz, especially for that price, but whoever Madrid field on the night, I'll enjoy it.

im not suggesting for a minute rovers werent right to take part. any club with any cop on at all wouldve been all over this

im just saying i think anyone paying €60 for a friendly needs their head examined

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,960 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

im sure every other league of ireland club and fan are looking on in envy and would no doubt be glad to fork out 60 euro to see there fav team play real madrid

Nope. It's a friendly. No way would I pay €60 to see my team play a friendly when I've seen us play a CL 3rd round qualifier for a score.
    Apparently some northside Dublin club are playing a qualifier for european football soon and nobody knows anything about it because everybody is just talking about rovers....bound to be a lot of bitterness around:D

Maybe, but I'd know which game I'd rather my club be involved in.

• Advertisement

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Maybe, but I'd know which game I'd rather my club be involved in.

Sound.

Hopefully you can both buddy it up in the first division together next year then, can't you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,960 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Sound.

Hopefully you can both buddy it up in the first division together next year then, can't you?

I'm merely stating which game I'd prefer my club to be involved in. A friendly or a CL qualifier? No competiton-nice pun eh? ;)

How much a club spends (and how it obtains the money) to get to the CL quals is another story though................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

How the fúck is this thread still going?

Modern football is very often overpriced.
    Events in general in Ireland are overpriced.
    4 tickets for AC/DC in Punchestown cost me €331.
    A pint of Heineken cost me €6 at the gig, and it was watered down piss.
    €60 is a lot of money to pay to see any friendly.
    Blame Platinum One.
    And the 10K+ people willing to pay.
    Didn't want to pay that to see the game? Well done, I'm fairly certain nobody took the money from your bank account when you weren't looking, and I'm equally certain you won't be in Tallaght Stadium when the match kicks off.
    Unless you blagged comps, in which case well done. ;)
    /end thread?

I'm quickly forming the opinion that people mentioning wind swept fields are trolling this thread, that wouldn't be a good idea. It is especially ironic coming from a fan of a team that offers the worst views in the PL in it's home stadium (in some cases so bad said club struggles to sell restricted view seats to its own fans).

Zebra3 wrote: »
    I'm merely stating which game I'd prefer my club to be involved in. A friendly or a CL qualifier? ;)

Aye, of course. Goes without saying.

Expensive or not, I'll enjoy the game anyway.

I think that a lot of people here would cave in and pay if it were their club.

For me, even seeing the stadium full on three and a bit sides will almost be worth the money alone.

Thread is going around in circles, I agree.

Aye, of course. Goes without saying.

Expensive or not, I'll enjoy the game anyway.

I think that a lot of people here would cave in and pay if it were their club.

For me, even seeing the stadium full on three and a bit sides will almost be worth the money alone.

Thread is going around in circles, I agree.[/quote
    Your right its going round in circles .match sold out all tickets gone need i say more .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

How the fúck is this thread still going?

Modern football is very often overpriced.
    Events in general in Ireland are overpriced.
    4 tickets for AC/DC in Punchestown cost me €331.
    A pint of Heineken cost me €6 at the gig, and it was watered down piss.
    €60 is a lot of money to pay to see any friendly.
    Blame Platinum One.
    And the 10K+ people willing to pay.
    Didn't want to pay that to see the game? Well done, I'm fairly certain nobody took the money from your bank account when you weren't looking, and I'm equally certain you won't be in Tallaght Stadium when the match kicks off.
    Unless you blagged comps, in which case well done. ;)
    /end thread?

I'm quickly forming the opinion that people mentioning wind swept fields are trolling this thread, that wouldn't be a good idea. It is especially ironic coming from a fan of a team that offers the worst views in the PL in it's home stadium (in some cases so bad said club struggles to sell restricted view seats to its own fans).

Bringing Goodison Park into this now :confused:

I never said Goodison Park has good views, not once. Its one of the oldest stadium in England [in its original form] and has about 5,000+ obstructed views, maybe structural developments were not so advanced when the developed the stadia? :rolleyes:. besides it is a proper stadium, not like the behemoths that have propped up in recent years across England.

Real Madrid players don't even know who Shamrock Rovers are, and I doubt they will risk their galacticos in this meaningless friendly.

So, yes 60e is a a lovely price for the organisers and all that but fools and their money...

And I dont give a flying flcuk about the LOI, and support no club so its not sour grapes.

But as therecklessone said, tis all money now.

This just belongs in the rip of Ireland thread tbh, along with the coffee and scones for 7e rants

I dont think you will get coffee and scones at the rovers real match and if you did i would say more like 17euro than 7.And the league of ireland knockers have risen again i see.Y

And the league of ireland knockers have risen again i see

im an loi fan and i still think the price is ridiculous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

This just belongs in the rip of Ireland thread tbh, along with the coffee and scones for 7e rants

What part of supply and demand don't you understand?

Is anybody putting a gun to your head and forcing you to buy? No, then it's not a rip off.

It is a high price but that's only because of how desirable these tickets are, whether you like it or not.

It's quite simple but I don't expect you to get it anytime soon.

• Advertisement

What part of supply and demand don't you understand?

Is anybody putting a gun to your head and forcing you to buy? No, then it's not a rip off.

It is a high price but that's only because of how desirable these tickets are, whether you like it or not.

It's quite simple but I don't expect you to get it anytime soon.

Yeah were all going to be marched in by armed guards made to sit in our seats wave our flags and cheer everytime ronaldo gets the ball.Made to buy the 5 euro programme to buy the real madrid scarve. To buy the chips at half time. we will all then be held in cells till the madrid team leave the ground . Anyone taking a photo will be shot during the half time break as the entertainment.And the 10200 people who paid 60euro will be made pay another 60 to leave at full time .Cop on would you if you want to go GO if you dont DONT simple as that . Game sold out which says everything sligo in europe probably
    1000 at the match .bohs in europe lucky to get 1500 pats the same. Rovers a friendly 10200 need i say more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Yeah were all going to be marched in by armed guards made to sit in our seats wave our flags and cheer everytime ronaldo gets the ball.Made to buy the 5 euro programme to buy the real madrid scarve. To buy the chips at half time. we will all then be held in cells till the madrid team leave the ground . Anyone taking a photo will be shot during the half time break as the entertainment.And the 10200 people who paid 60euro will be made pay another 60 to leave at full time .Cope on would you if you want to go GO if you dont DONT simple as that . Game sold out which says everything sligo in europe propably 1000 at the match .bohs in europe lucky to get 1500 pats the same. Rovers a friendly 10200 need i say more.

This game will be a sell out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

When I seen the price mentioned in the paper I laughed, only because I knew they'd get it. Fair play to P1 and well done for doing a great piece of business when around the world companies are struggling.
    I don't see why they should sell the tickets cheap. They will always find their true value thanks to touting. Why should P1 take less of a profit on their work so someone can make extra reselling their ticket?

ShooterSF wrote: »
    When I seen the price mentioned in the paper I laughed, only because I knew they'd get it. Fair play to P1 and well done for doing a great piece of business when around the world companies are struggling.
    I don't see why they should sell the tickets cheap. They will always find their true value thanks to touting. Why should P1 take less of a profit on their work so someone can make extra reselling their ticket?

they shouldnt

its the people paying it that im concerned about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Worst thing about it is this money does not go to a club and could be used to improve the team and the league hopefully to gain bit more popularity

Just out of interest does anyone know whether the club or P1 get the money from the TV rights for sky sports

they shouldnt

its the people paying it that im concerned about

They have a choice in the matter and I'm sure most will be grown adults who have to take responibilites for their choices.

• Advertisement

ShooterSF wrote: »
    They have a choice in the matter and I'm sure most will be grown adults who have to take responibilites for their choices.

what about the kids who nagging there parents to go see Real. That puts alot of pressure on any parent

ecoli wrote: »
    what about the kids who nagging there parents to go see Real. That puts alot of pressure on any parent

Kids need to learn that no means no, I think Platinum One are doing the kids of Ireland a great service by tempting them with the lure of Ronaldo and co.

Kids need to learn that no means no, I think Platinum One are doing the kids of Ireland a great service by tempting them with the lure of Ronaldo and co.

You are contradicting yourself there by saying that its tempting but we should say no to them at same time?

You are contradicting yourself there by saying that its tempting but we should say no to them at same time?

I'm not.

First comes temptation.
    Then comes the question: "can I go to the Real game?"
    Then comes the answer: "no, I/we can't afford it"
    Then comes the tears.

Seriously, are we reduced to Maude Flanders?

Parent's need to learn that they have to disappoint their kids once and awhile so they don't grow up spoilt. They also need to stop blaming TV, Football clubs etc. for putting them in these situations it's part of being a parent.

• Advertisement
Advertisement