Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

60e tickets for the real vs rovers game

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

paulcorr wrote: »
    So you have a go for not been called a proper football fan.But you can call the thousands of people who bought tickets THICKS. pot and kettle comes to mind.And nobody will have ago at you for not spending 60 euro all i said was i would spend it and so would many thousand more. Plus how much would it cost you to get to a liverpool v utd match.

To get to a Liverpool match, €20 or so return including tax, depart from Dublin - Liverpool. €60 a ticket. Free accomidation with friends over there. So its €80 for the highest quality football. 20 quid more than a friendly between Rovers and Madrid's under 9's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

You can get Luas to Tallaght.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    20 quid more than a friendly between Rovers and Madrid's under 9's

Do you really have a Rovers season ticket?

You think the price is too high. You're not going and you think going to Liverpool gives you more product bang for your buck.

All fair enough.

But why are you still in the thread in the whole thing is so reprehensible to you?

Cause I like reading up on things and giving my opinion, you know, kinda the reason I signed up to a discussion board. Especially when it concerns a team I support a team and therefore care about.

Yep had a season ticket last year but don't know if I will be getting one this year, I need all the money I can get but would be a shame not to get it as I will end up going to half the games anyway :o

Yep had a season ticket last year but don't know if I will be getting one this year, I need all the money I can get but would be a shame not to get it as I will end up going to half the games anyway :o

You know they do half-tickets at the moment so you can stagger the pain a little bit. :) Hopefully they'll keep it up that offer next year.

• Advertisement

Didn't hear anything about that. Cheers will have a look now. Wouldn't look at the site and that cause I was trying to resist getting the ticket :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

So its €80 for the highest quality football.

I think people are confusing the word Premiership with highest quality. I've watched Liverpool plenty of times over the past few years and they are one of the most boring teams in the world to watch. So I'm not sure your actually getting football of the highest quality.

It is a symptom of the barstooler argument. "Ah LOI is boring, crap football". I've watched plenty of football on sky and the majority of Prem matches are absolutely dire. Now and again you get one great match. People often get far too caught up in the hype and believe when they are watching Sunderland against Spurs that it is world class stuff.

Now to some people yourself included Reganio €60 to see Rovers is a lot of money. I've paid it because the chance to see Real Madrid in Tallaght was just too good to turn down. The point is I'm going to see Real Madrid who are one of the top teams in the world and chances are I will see football of the highest quality so for me it represents good value. Does a match have to be competitive to be of high quality?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭paulcorr

To get to a Liverpool match, €20 or so return including tax, depart from Dublin - Liverpool. €60 a ticket. Free accomidation with friends over there. So its €80 for the highest quality football. 20 quid more than a friendly between Rovers and Madrid's under 9's

If you can get to liverpool for 20 euro during the football season on a fri sat tell me how. Because ryanair and aer lingus put there prices up 10 fold during the premier league season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,310 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

If you can get to liverpool for 20 euro during the football season on a fri sat tell me how. Because ryanair and aer lingus put there prices up 10 fold during the premier league season.

Book early and look for offers.

Maybe a midweek game but i have gotten flights with Ryanair from Derry to Liverpool return for £20 all in for the Stoke game next month

Book early and look for offers.

Maybe a midweek game but i have gotten flights with Ryanair from Derry to Liverpool return for £20 all in for the Stoke game next month

ONE OF THE LADS IN WORK TOLD ME TODAY HIS MATE BOOKED 4 WEEKENDS IN A ROW FOR LIVERPOOL AGES AGO 4 EURO EACH SO HE WOULD AT LEAST GET TO SEE 2 MATCHES GOOD THINKING.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

And there is always someone who is ready to cut down anyone who sees and makes good use of a business opportunity.

I'd say P1 are sorry they did not price them at €80

Well, we're obviously not going to agree on this one.
    I think there is a difference between taking advantage of a good business opportunity and thus making a decent, healthy profit and brazenly milking the sh1t out of something. Businessmen in Ireland seem to have no morals whatsoever, you seem to find that good, I don't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

realcam wrote: »
    I think there is a difference between taking advantage of a good business opportunity and thus making a decent, healthy profit and brazenly milking the sh1t out of something. Businessmen in Ireland seem to have no morals whatsoever, you seem to find that good, I don't.
    If you don't want to pay the €60, then don't. What's the problem?

when have people in this country gotten to see top quality friendlys. ipswich.wolves, charlton, dundee utd,man utd xi, note the ix millwall,REAL MADRID i know which one i would go see regardless of it been 60 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Businessmen in Ireland seem to have no morals whatsoever, you seem to find that good, I don't.

If you dislike capitalism so much, I'm sure Cuba or North Korea would love to have you.

Des wrote: »
    If you dislike capitalism so much, I'm sure Cuba or North Korea would love to have you.

Its killed or be killed in this day and age so having no morals is part and parcel of ireland and if i was a business man thats how i would work too. if i thought i could get 60 euro for something why would i sell it for 50. by the way got my rovers real tickets in the post this morning im a rovers season ticket supporter does any one else think they look a bit cheap.they look like something printed up on my computer. the tickets for the pats match last week look a 100 times better. just hope the ticket isnt an oman for things to come on the nite.

Its killed or be killed in this day and age so having no morals is part and parcel of ireland and if i was a business man thats how i would work too.

Probably makes me a fool, but I think it's the way it is because we make it the way it is. It's not something that has happened and now we have to adhere to it. Things are the way they are because of us and the way we behave. I believe one can make a decent living/profit without being a gombeen cut-throat.

Also I always thought that a reasonable business principle would be to calculate your profits by taking the costs that occur getting your product to your customer and adding a reasonable, healthy profit. Not by taking as much as you could possibly extort. If things would work the latter way what would stop the ESB charging 1000Euro a months to the average household? After all the demand is there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

what would stop the ESB charging 1000Euro a months to the average household?

The industry regulator.

I don't dislike capitalism so much and I don't think I have to explain myself again. What is it with people like you, eh? You all like living in a world where everybody tries to pull over everyone else all the time so much?

The industry regulator.

Ultra-Symbolism - Confusing the symbol with the reality for which it stands.

Did I pick the right one?

All this bandying around of the word Capitalism in relation to the LOI is all very exciting.

But doesn't there have to be some capital around first?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Capital? No problem, just win the league and get into the Champions League and you're fine. Sure it worked for Shelb ........oh. Nevermind.

:):):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Also I always thought that a reasonable business principle would be to calculate your profits by taking the costs that occur getting your product to your customer and adding a reasonable, healthy profit. Not by taking as much as you could possibly extort.
    Businesses will charge as much as people are prepared to pay. Why charge €20 when you know people are prepared to pay €60? If you list an item in an advert for €100 and somebody offers you €110, are you going to refuse (assuming said person is in good mental health)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

How much are Madrid charging for coming over? Id say its not just P1 looking to milk it.

bohsman wrote: »
    How much are Madrid charging for coming over? Id say its not just P1 looking to milk it.

p1 are paying for madrids stay from the profits they make from the rovers match. its a big client on there books so when they approach someone else they have that on there cv. And the big client is ROVERS NOT MADRID.ha ha ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Obviously. What Im saying is they need to charge €60 to pay Madrid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

bohsman wrote: »
    Obviously. What Im saying is they need to charge €60 to pay Madrid.

Well somebody has to pay for Ronaldo's sunbeds and pedicures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,402 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Seems Kaka and Albiol arent returning to training until July 24th.
    I'd imagine all the Spanish players are off too after the Confederations cup.
    So thats no Kaka,Albiol,Casillas,or Ramos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

So your expecting a full team to play in a field with one stand in Talla:):eek::)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,402 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Dubliner28 wrote: »

So your expecting a full team to play in a field with one stand in Talla:):eek::)

No,I'm expecting a second string lineup.
    Alot of people expect Kaka to be there when he definitely wont.

• Advertisement

Dubliner28 wrote: »

i think most people wit any sense would of known kaka and the rest who played in south africa wouldnt be involved . and as for a field in talla wit one stand its actually one main stand a temporary stand behind each goal and a stand for 1200 on the other side of the ground. and the field in talla will have 2 stands by end of aug and will be the best league of ire stadium in the country my old mate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

No,I'm expecting a second string lineup.
    Alot of people expect Kaka to be there when he definitely wont.

Im pretty sure Real announced a few weeks ago that anyone who took part in the Confed cup wouldn't be part of this tour.

Just got my tickets.

Tragically, as much as it will anger all the new visitors to Tallaght, and the obvious repercussion for public order when the numbing reality unfolds, a second-string team is pretty likely... given that we play Derry and Bohs this month.

:)

Advertisement