Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange site problem....

Options
  • 29-06-2009 7:56pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

On this site, for some reason I get a blank screen when I go to it, but if I click refresh, it loads.

Anyone know why that could be?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

Zascar wrote: »
    On this site, for some reason I get a blank screen when I go to it, but if I click refresh, it loads.

Anyone know why that could be?
    Thanks
    At a very rough guess, Id say there is a fatal error occuring when a session or cookie is not present. Turn on all errors, ini_set("display_errors", E_ALL); and see if the blank page shows u an error

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

I second ocallagh on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭AdamusAdonis

If it didn't sound like sh*t I'd third yee.. though, there's many, many possibilities I'm sure.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

ocallagh wrote: »
    At a very rough guess, Id say there is a fatal error occuring when a session or cookie is not present. Turn on all errors, ini_set("display_errors", E_ALL); and see if the blank page shows u an error
    Thanks for your help guys. However what you've said above means little to me unfortunately - so would you mind please telling me how I do this?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Hoku

I noticed that your board is a few revisions behind the current. Perhaps an upgrade will resolve the issue?

I can do the upgrade for you, but I'll need to know if you made any changes to the core files.

• Advertisement
Advertisement