Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

weepy eye

Options
  • 29-06-2009 8:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭

my 7 yr old mare is currently staying in a field half a mile up from my house. she has cut herself on her left shoulder. the wound is deep enough but not that serious.. probably from some barbed wire. there is an amount of swelling near the site of the cut she also has a weepy eye. it is really red and there is white kind of foam surrounding it. are the 2 related ?? what can i do to sort both of the problems ?? this happened yesterday evening or night as i checked on her yesterday afternoon. help is appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭MDFM

have you cleaned/disinfected the wound? start with that first anyway..are her tetanus shots up to date? as regards the eye, if its getting worse, call the vet. try cleaning it though with some mildly lukewarm water, and if it hasnt got any worse, then get some dry cow tubes (for mastitis in cows) and squirt it into the eye, its great for killing infection in there and is very fast acting. gettin back to the cut, if you're not happy, then get the vet, better to be safe than sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

The eye is probably because of flies. But if you are concerned get the vet.

Clean it with warm water.

Advertisement