Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AutoXchange dealership please help !!

• 29-06-2009 8:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭

i bought a car from autoxchange on finance last saturday the 20th , a 03 hyundai coupe .

on getting the car home i realised a banging noise from the car as i slowed down , on inspection i found the driver side alloy was loose and the nuts could be easly turned on the last threads basically. had to call out the aa to tighten the weel as the weel brace in the car did not fit

few minutes later i discovered the passangers electric window would not close as the motor was gone and stuck open eventually got it closed and rang autoxchange in naas again

before i decided to bring the car dowm to then had a quick look around and discovered the drivers headlight was not attached to anything but cables and i could easly remove it (bolts missing ) realised the handbreak was useless until it was pulled up as hard as it could be (on the verge of breaking it) and the sunroof cover was jamed open (not a major issue but wanted to see if there was a quick fix) and my neighbour pointed out that the car had been crashed on the driver side , and the car had been resprayed and badly

sat in the shop for three hours to be told we put bolts in the light and we need to get parts for the window , the hand break is normal for a car like that , nothing else said .............. "ill call you and we will fix the car on thursday morning for you "

waited thursday came and went and nothing called there office and was told because the agent who sold me the car was away for a few days theres nothing they can do its his responsibility!!!!!!!!

saturday night drove the car from clondalkin to tallaght and noticed the temperature guage had moved all the way to the max , parked up the car and called the aa , engineer came out and within minutes showed me loads of sealent around something called a thermostat housing and coolent dripping out , on closer inspection he realised it was actually cracked in half .

sunday morning (yesterday) aa came to tow the car as autoxchange were supposed to be open on sundays as advertised everywhere . arrived with car at 11 am , security pulled up opened the gate and i put the car inside , with in seconds he came over and told me to get out and the car out autoxchange will be open at 12 ............ half seven yester evening i managed to get the premises owner to let me put the car in .....

today rang them got no appoloigy just some smarmy lil so and so on the phone who said " engineers looking at the car nothing i can do for ya yet " asked to speak to the manager "yea ill get him to call you in a few minutes " six hours later i drove down after no phone calls received and realised nobody had gone near the car except to drive it round the back
    manager was clueless to what was going to happen "we will call you tomarrow , until then i know nothoing " " these cars are supposed to be tested but we use a third party company to do all the work blah blah blah " i lost the head a lil bit which i shouldnt

this car is supposed to be aa autochecked i.e 101 guaranteed checks and there a member of simi , ive had it six days had the aa out three times, cars has basically broke down twice and they have supposed to have checked the car completely twice over .

im sorry for how long this is , ive contacted the aa about it etc, and im wondering what you would do in this situation ..... i really like the car hyundai coupe but ive lost all confidence in the car and autoxchange . so what do i do next the nct is due friday and im afraid even if i get the car back with all there promises , it will fail miserably , and taken into account that they never said once about the car being crashed , and with the loose light and weel on the same side ild figure it was them that repaired it

so has anyone any suggestions and also has anyone had any bad experiences with autoxchange or heard any thing about them if so could you please tell me as im going mad here im flat broke with no car and i drive for a living (missed two days of work )

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Return car and tell them you want your money back - end of!

It is not unheard of to have problems with a car after purchasing and reasonable to have the dealer fix same but this is WAY too much!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,575 ✭✭✭junkyard

I'd say get legal advise, didn't you spot any of the problems with the car on test drive? I'd say the AA might be worth checking too, that's if they even looked at the car in the first place. You can probably cancel your finance agreement too with in a certain period if the goods aren't up to scratch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭darcy.jonny

junkyard wrote: »
    I'd say get legal advise, didn't you spot any of the problems with the car on test drive? I'd say the AA might be worth checking too, that's if they even looked at the car in the first place. You can probably cancel your finance agreement too with in a certain period if the goods aren't up to scratch.

i stupidly didnt check the car much because i was given loads of promises and guarantees and a lot was made about the car having an aa autocheck guarantee , the aa said they dont check the cars them self to give strick guidelines to follow and once or twice a year they go to these guarages and randomly checka few cars. ...... therefore its pretty much just a pice of junk paper for giving lip service to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,575 ✭✭✭junkyard

i stupidly didnt check the car much because i was given loads of promises and guarantees and a lot was made about the car having an aa autocheck guarantee , the aa said they dont check the cars them self to give strick guidelines to follow and once or twice a year they go to these guarages and randomly checka few cars. ...... therefore its pretty much just a pice of junk paper for giving lip service to

I'm surprised the AA is that lax about things tbh, a phone call to them perhaps and legal advise I would say.

junkyard wrote: »
    I'm surprised the AA is that lax about things tbh, a phone call to them perhaps and legal advise I would say.

i was speaking to a manager in the aa they are going to "follow this up" they were very helpful i must say just a pitty there autocheck dosnt mean much when people take advantage of it .

must say aa offered me a car for two days autoexchange wouldnt give me a car , also just like to let people know there so called buy one get one free advert is a farce , "we dont really do that just when theres an old 96 banger lying around , we give people a discount now and again " << the same discount there going to offer anyway as the price the cars at premium value and knock a bit off to make a deal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Cancel the finance, leave the car where it is and go to the small claims court to get any deposit back (assuming it's under €2,000).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,480 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I presume they got you up to your neck in finance. reject the car straight away and get a refund, the car's obviously a bag of dirt.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I presume they got you up to your neck in finance. reject the car straight away and get a refund, the car's obviously a bag of dirt.

yea have me with finance alright

i gave them a fiat doblo 06 van they cleared the finance on it of 6900

bought the hyundai s coupe 03 on finance with a 1235 cash deposit

we did sign the waver to opted out of the finance deal so the car could be released to us by the finance company on the basis that the car was fully checked and guaranteed for 12 months which i only discovered on looking at the receipt they charged me 475 euro for the guarantee !!! 475 and they are useless

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

we did sign the waver to opted out of the finance deal so the car could be released to us by the finance company on the basis that the car was fully checked and guaranteed for 12 months which i only discovered on looking at the receipt they charged me 475 euro for the guarantee !!! 475 and they are useless
    I suspect that you will read the small print carefully in future.

kbannon wrote: »
    I suspect that you will read the small print carefully in future.

hahaaha uve so rite my friend

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I don't know if you are old enough to remember Arthur Daley but assume every car dealer is like him (i.e. don't trust them)!
    6791_1.jpg

If they turn out to be honest, then that will be a good experience and you will recommend them. If they turn out to be like Arthur, then you will not be disappointed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Joe C

The finance company are equally liable for the car you've bought on finance (if it's a HP agreement).

Get onto them first thing tomorrow and let them know about the issue, they'll be obliged to get onto the garage about it and find out what the story is. A bit of pressure from the finance company can usually get something sorted, but they'll be extremely reluctant to rescind the deal.

(I've worked for three different finance companies, thankfully I'm out of it now.)

Joe C wrote: »
    The finance company are equally liable for the car you've bought on finance (if it's a HP agreement).

Get onto them first thing tomorrow and let them know about the issue, they'll be obliged to get onto the garage about it and find out what the story is. A bit of pressure from the finance company can usually get something sorted, but they'll be extremely reluctant to rescind the deal.

(I've worked for three different finance companies, thankfully I'm out of it now.)

mmm must ring them again they (bank of scotland ) were not very helpful when i rang them basically said this is a matter between me and autoxchange they just provide the finance

I'll try to find out the relevant legislation for you now.

Sale of goods and Supply of Services Act 1980.

—Where goods are sold to a buyer dealing as consumer and in relation to the sale an agreement is entered into by the buyer with another person acting in the course of a business (in this section referred to as a finance house) for the repayment to the finance house of money paid by the finance house to the seller in respect of the price of the goods, the finance house shall be deemed to be a party to the sale and the finance house and the seller shall, jointly and severally, be answerable to the buyer for breach of the contract of sale and for any misrepresentations made by the seller with respect to the goods.

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/1980/en/act/pub/0016/print.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭Heroditas

mmm must ring them again they (bank of scotland ) were not very helpful when i rang them basically said this is a matter between me and autoxchange they just provide the finance

What interest rate did they give you as a matter of interest?

Heroditas wrote: »
    What interest rate did they give you as a matter of interest?

its at 0 per cent by the looks of it

Joe C wrote: »

thaTS very helpful joe ill defo use that tomarrow ur a star

thaTS very helpful joe ill defo use that tomarrow ur a star

No bother.

It's always nice to land an ex employer in it. ;)

haha one lad the really shouldnt have let free hahaah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

OP

Turn up to autoexchange tomorrow and tell them you are handing back the car.
    Then ring your finance company and inform them that car will be returned to the garage due to being of unmerchantable quality etc.

If your like anyone else ive seen buying a can in autoexchange they have hemed you into serious finance.

Trust me one legal letter will sort them out, they cocked up.
    If i had a customer who broke down 3 time in 12 days i would be happier if the returned the car, less hassle all around, and saves face.

When your buying next buy from a decent garage not a supermarket, try a one franchise small sized garage, with a nation wide used car warranty IE one backed by all dealer of that franchise, be it nissan gold standard, renault diamond, toyota dealer cover.

The important thing is you go in cool headed yet firm, you are handing back the car, you are unhappy, you have informed the finance house.

thanks man thats defo sound advice , real pitty the car id georgous but ur all defo right maybe if i tell the finance company ill have preference for them if i get a differenct car or something .

its good to see an outside view from others , espically with knowledge you have thanks a lot folks

just wondering though is this just me and a one of thing .....

as in do autoxchange have a good all round reputation or do they have a history of this i.e. have you herd any stories about them ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

From what I have seen by looking there they seem to sell ex rental cars and the sh1te thats traded in against them is the kinda stuff no one else would put near their forecourt.

I only went there as they had a car the exact spec I was looking for (turned out to be a complete dog:rolleyes:). I was told that I had to buy a car there and then after a 2 minute test drive because his manager would not be happy with me wasting his time (and yes it was a threatening tone). Got about 15 phone calls over the next week or so telling me the car was ready for collection...

jesus thats not right at all is it

just an update , i had to call them at one o clock as they neverbothered to call me ..... there dopy engineers are "looking for the problem all day "

erm after i told them what and where the problem was ........... the thermostat housing in split into to pieces and is pisssing coolent ...........

honestly buyer beware ....... AUTOXCHANGE IN NAAS avoid them at all costs

and acording to the aa " we towed quiet a few cars back to them"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Ask them on what basis they are describing the person investigating the issue an engineer? It does a disservice to engineers everywhere when shysters abuse the name like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭mad dave

i wouldnt normally suggest this, get on to consumer affairs about this and get talking to your solicitor aswell. sounds like these are trying to make a twat out of you and hope that you don't stand up for yourself and hang on to the faulty car

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

get on to consumer affairs, get on to the finance company and get on to a solicitor - under no circumstances take the car back and send them in any invoices you have have for what the car has cost you so far... AA bills, mechanic bills etc.

It's a crash repaired car that's no good and was well overpriced - Do not take it back!

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭briana7214

any car dealer has to give you 3 months warranty on a used car, if it was as bad as you say they cant argue their case and I would be demanding a refund.
    Autoexchange is a franchise of sales rooms so shouldnt be a problem if that one closes but definitley get on to citizens advice at the very least to strengthen your case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Mick K

Anybody looking for info on these guys you can PM me for my phone number as I worked for these guys and can give you advise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 damo2006

Were you blind folded when you bought the car or what ?

damo2006 wrote: »
    Were you blind folded when you bought the car or what ?
    You'd have to be to buy that car to be fair its an absolute shed of a car.

so im taking it that they closed down ffs .

i got the car back and got the aa to inspect in and everything was perfect all parts etc. are new passed the nct this morning with no fails ....................... all seems to be perfect to be honest

• Advertisement

mick k you know the car ?

mick k you know the car ?

Yeah Jonny,I left there 6 weeks ago due to the place being ran like a sham,I wont go into detail on the open board but in Short,Yes,Its a scamfest in there,Im in the motor trade years and only worked there for 6 months and couldnt work under those conditions and how Im expected to treat customers.

I know the car very well,I also know its 2 previous owners.

any more info on the coupe mark ??

u have me worried here ........... brought it to hyundai ... there was a few problems with it alright . nothing major but the gave me a list and when those spas finally fixed it up went back to hyundai and they gave it a full clean bill of health ... and got the aa to do there 101 checks (properly) and all was well . passed nct today with no faults ... (engine did need serious tuning ,,, done by hyundai ) but going like a rocket now major difference than when i took it

but any more info would be much appreicated ... as i said you have me worried now

any more info on the coupe mark ??

u have me worried here ........... brought it to hyundai ... there was a few problems with it alright . nothing major but the gave me a list and when those spas finally fixed it up went back to hyundai and they gave it a full clean bill of health ... and got the aa to do there 101 checks (properly) and all was well . passed nct today with no faults ... (engine did need serious tuning ,,, done by hyundai ) but going like a rocket now major difference than when i took it

but any more info would be much appreicated ... as i said you have me worried now

First of all,To be fair to the guys that fixed it for AutoX are genuine lads and are of no reflection on AutoX,They are a seperate company hired by AutoX to do the work,Their hands are tied as regards doing things to the car as AutoX will only pay for x amount or whatever if ye get me.

I cant really say a whole lot on the car due to things defo get messy if I share the info I have.
    All I'll say is when the car was traded into AutoX it wasnt then known that the car was crashed due to none of the guys working there on the day knowing anything about bodywork.When I came to work the next day I straight off Identifed the car had taken a heavy smash to the front,Looking down the passenger door you can clearly see two shades of silver alone,The front of the car doesnt even seem to line up right along wings,headlights etc.

Basically,The car wasnt repaired by AutoX and all they were doing was selling what stock they had,The AA assed the car before sale and deemed it in working order and ready for sale so you may have to take it up with them at a higher level.

Your salesman,Dave,Absolute gent,Knows nothing of the car trade other than what he's learned in the last year,He was under severe strain in there to sell by the GSM and was somewhat bullied in there.
    Dave wouldnt have sold that car had he known the issues with it,He'd help out to any extent he could so I wouldnt but any blame down to him.

Mick.

oh dave was a complete gent and was him that got the ball rolling . the wing and the light being out of sorts was something that was fixed , hyundai said the new wing was put on wrong and the light was ovious (there was nothing holding it in place )

thanks to dave , the lads at the aa who got onto autox about the car and the lads in obriens there was a serious amount of work done .

the manager though was about 2 minutes away from getting an aweful hiding , even the managing director in the aa has had to deal with him before ..........

do you think the car is a right off ??? and can you see any foreseeable problems in the future with the car ??? ild not mention any names just stuff i should go back to hyundai and get them to check out

• Advertisement

I'll be blunt,I wouldnt buy it nor would I keep it.

The manager has the manners of a distempered pitbull.
    Your not the only one.For future reference he's moving to the Cork branch so you can contact him;)

what if i was to pay yourself to give the car a good assesment , no paper work or name using , u know the car ill pay you to give me advice on what to say to hyundai .

Certainly I can look the car over for you.

PM me and I'll return my number via the PM in the morning.

this is surreal , goes to show how useless the nct is really .

im praying here now the car is ok , just looked at the body the wing is still out a lil bit but not much to worry about ,,,,

i cant believe that ray o brien would let a bunch of cowboys rent out his garage let alone fix there cars .

i have rays number think if you give the car the once over ill go to him seems as there closed now ill ask him for a report . (im figuring how they just closed out of the blue he was screwed over as well)

Let this be no reflection on Ray jonny,Maybe edit his details from it,Absolute gent.

jesus sure i know , when i was stook outside the shop last suday it was ray who came down on a night out , took the car etc. was a complete gent , just a pitty he didnt stay in business .

haha to think i traded in the van because i though that was going to end up giving me problems .............. i hope the thing bursts into flames in the showrooms or at least blows up

I don't really understand this... you know the car is damaged/repaired, you know it was repaired badly, you've been given advice about what to do etc and you still want the car?

o iwas told to give autoxchange a chance to repair the car (as is the terms of agreement ) otherwise ild have a hard time legally.

they fix it well , and was checked by hyundai aa and there garage and seemed fine passed the nct . so the stayed true to there agreement(in the end )

but now mark seems to know more about the car than most , ive contacted autoxchange in limerick and there dealing with my case as the naas garage has closed all of a sudden .....

Jesus man its Mick.

You check the fine print on your order forms and you can be sure your well within your rights to throw it back.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement