Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AutoXchange dealership please help !!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭darcy.jonny

howdee yea i thought that myself , but ive was legally advised that the garage has the right to repair the car ...... but im waiting for info on them not telling me it was a crashed car ........ if it turns out theres no structral damage and it was just body damage them im going to hit them for a respray

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Mick K

In good light look down you passenger door,Half way along you can see 2 shades of silver going from top to bottom on the door.
    As I was saying already,The manager of Naas is being moved to the Cork Branch if you wanna bugger him,I know I would.

ill be doing more than buggering him !

the manager of the limerick branch is taking care of this now when he is in monday .... aparently the aa have made official complaints against mr.manager to autoxchance twice and this will be the third thime ....(as im to

was thinkin that they gave me two loans on the car to make the finance cheaper ......( because i told then to stuff there first deal ) they gave me 1500 intrest free loan from them ............. maybe they can stick that up there back sides for a start

anyway yea i noticed the paint last week limerick shop said there taking care of it ...

i ment to ask .... i sent you a mobile number if ya wanna check the car for a few bob..

and did dave and the rest lose there jobs ? didnt think much of the jonathan fella or the tallish lad ...........

will o briens lose there jobs now as well ?

sorry state of affairs ,

ill be doing more than buggering him !

the manager of the limerick branch is taking care of this now when he is in monday .... aparently the aa have made official complaints against mr.manager to autoxchance twice and this will be the third thime ....(as im to

was thinkin that they gave me two loans on the car to make the finance cheaper ......( because i told then to stuff there first deal ) they gave me 1500 intrest free loan from them ............. maybe they can stick that up there back sides for a start

anyway yea i noticed the paint last week limerick shop said there taking care of it ...
    2 loans?:eek:
    I smell something illegal here,With what 2 companys?

the proper loan is with bank of scotland ....

second loan is with is a loan from autoxchange cause i told them in noy paying 400 a month for a that car so they came back with that idea so my payments will be 340 over 18 months

by the way 0-60 in 3.8 seconds ........ did two runs and same result , everwhere says 8 seconds , wondering if there is more bloody things done to that car that i dont know about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,480 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

by the way 0-60 in 3.8 seconds ........ did two runs and same result , everwhere says 8 seconds , wondering if there is more bloody things done to that car that i dont know about
    What's that, 60km?

no 60 mph trust me i wouldnt lie . did it twice bout 3.,85 and 3,86 was what it timed at

me hole! unless you were being dropped from a crane at the time, there's no way it'd do those times,

my car is 1150kg, has 200bhp and does 0-60 in 6.5, that's 150kg lighter and around twice as powerful as a Hyundai Coupe.

A Coupe (presuming it's 1.6) will do 0-60 in just under 12 seconds.

That time would make your car faster than most Ferraris.

• Advertisement

you hole is wrong . just lookin at youtube theres a fair few s coupes 2.0 that all seem to be hitting 60 around the 4 second mark .......

its not something ild br to happy about (if the engine is modified of chiped )

but they all seem to hit that mark on the youtube vids

even if the Coupe is 2.0, it'll struggle to do 0-60 in under 9 seconds. trust me, I've driven enough of them.

How exactly did you calculate the 0-60 time?
    also can you link some youtube vids as examples?

just me and my mate timing it from a stance ...

only thing im thinking though the auto gear box wont change when i burry it intill it hit 7.5 to 8 thousands revs wondering if its that whats causing it ?

i tell ya what ill try it again later and ill tell ya what the craic is .....

im sure we timed it rite both times ........... maybe ur rite and the speedo is wrong and im not being sarcastic with ya

Ah jayzus.

1) it's a 4 speed torque convertor automatic
    2) it's a car with 143hp at the flywheel, probably 125-130 at the wheels
    3) it weighs almost 1500kg
    4) the quoted manufacturers time is 0-60 in 10.5 seconds.
    5) I've driven one, and they're slower than even the above figures suggest.

Not having a go at you, but the figures you quoted are just off the wall. bear in mind the speedo is clocked in kmph and not mph.

the auto gear box wont change when i burry it intill it hit 7.5 to 8 thousands revs wondering if its that whats causing it ?

that's normal enough, it's just using the engines max power (which is up near the top)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

Not. A. Hope. In. Hell.

Nope, I'd eat my hat if it could even do it in 8 seconds.

They all lost there job except the GSM mate,I'll send you my number there shortly,Are you living local assuming you Know Ray?

The lads in Ray's should still be kept going I think,There pulling in enough work.

On another note,Your coupe does 0-60mph in about 2 weeks,That car by no means is fast,I wouldnt be quoting those sort of figures at all mate.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

no 60 mph trust me i wouldnt lie . did it twice bout 3.,85 and 3,86 was what it timed at

:D:D:D:D:D Not a prayer :D:D:D:D:D

That's supercar territory, and a 2.0 auto Hyundai Coupe isn't one of those.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Bobo78

Jeysus its nearly as fast as Bugati :eek::D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

Maybe he means 3 minutes 85 seconds:pac::pac:

jesus dont know what way he timed it .....

did two runs of 7,97 and 8.81 ,second run the gear shifted into second at 6 thousand like i though its supposed to , the first run ..ran it on auto tronic but was fairly high on the revs any higher ill probably destroy the engine

7.9 is still way off the actual time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Still think even those times are wrong dude unless someone's done serious work to her!

You won't wreck the engine doing that either - the auto box won't allow it!

only one way to solve this :)

did two runs of 7,97 and 8.81 ,second run the gear shifted into second at 6 thousand like i though its supposed to , the first run ..ran it on auto tronic but was fairly high on the revs any higher ill probably destroy the engine

5 seconds difference from your earlier post;

pinocchio.gif

well those times are rite (give a .1 either way ) ill let the other lad run it if he checks it out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

:rolleyes:

well those times are rite (give a .1 either way ) ill let the other lad run it if he checks it out

Mate you really need to give it a rest.
    Assuming a 1.6, the 03 hyundai coupe weights 1162kg and has 106.0 bhp according to specs found via google. The same site quotes 0-100 km/h in 11.80 secs. So unless there was serious mods done to the car there isn't a hope in hell that it would do it in the 3.8 seconds first quotes or even the 7,97 to 8.81 later quoted.....'give a .1 either way'.
    The 2.0 litre version has 137 bhp and the 0-60 is 9.4 secs
    link

it is the 2.0 s coupe and i asked could someone look at the car because im sure there work been done to it ...which as i said i really hope nobody as gone near it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

FFS, you're into RS4 TDi territory there:pac:

I reckon 10 on a good day with the 4 speed box...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Maybe you bought Harry Potters car?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Wow, so you didn't buy a lemon then... those Hyundai Coupe's with a 2.0 mini Veyron engine are very rare these days! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Lol, mx5 with 140hp and 1000kg does it in 8 seconds when it was new...

8 seconds for H coupe auto is really optimistic...

But that autoXchange got a really big black mark! Cant believe they were just scamming poeple like this :(

car immobiliser wont turn off now ..............

cant get it going at all AA ON THE WAY hahaha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,607 ✭✭✭Damien360

OP, I have lost all sympathy for you. You were warned away from the car and dealer by a poster here who was an ex-employee. It has been crashed. Now you are attempting to set land speed records in a 2.0 coupe. And to top it off, you now have possible electronic problems on top of the original issues. I will presume you are 18 going on 12. You are going to learn are very expensive lesson in car purchasing. All I can say is good luck, you will need it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Total spoofer, you wouldn't get below 8 seconds 0-60 with that car if you strapped an ACME rocket to it. You should get rid of that Bucket like Mick is telling you and not be grabbing your ankles and letting this slimey dealership screw you over. People like you accepting this kind of treatment is the reason they keep doing it. Don't say no-one warned you...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

car immobiliser wont turn off now ..............

cant get it going at all AA ON THE WAY hahaha

Fuc me you bought the sh1tty sh1tty bang bang...

Go and rent all the fast and furious films your car is prob in there somewhere with the 0-60 times you posted

problem with the BCM I'd say, very common. presume the remote control locking is banjaxed too?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

they gave me 1500 intrest free loan from them

I've also lost sympathy but just to get back to the point above - check who the loan is repayable too, because they're gone now aren't they? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

I have no sympathy either... I was going to post this at the start of the thread but I said I wouldn't at the time... But how in hell did you not see things like a loose headlight. Why didnt you even bring someone who knows a thing or 2 about cars with you. By the sounds of it the damage would have been VERY obvious to someone who knows something about cars. Its a second hand car you are buying. I wouldnt trust my neighbour if I was buying a car off him. Caveat emptor...Buyer beware. You are after learning a very big lesson and probably an expensive one too, you will no for again. That is about the only thing you have learned (hopefully) from this deal.

it was just the battery being low in the fob is what caused it

as i said before i have to legally allow the seller a chance to repair the car before i can give the car back .... that way they dont have a leg to stand on.

the car will be going back that i promise ... ive already lined up another car sure . im waiting for my solicitor to contact me in the morning ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

it was just the battery being low in the fob is what caused it

as i said before i have to legally allow the seller a chance to repair the car before i can give the car back .... that way they dont have a leg to stand on.

the car will be going back that i promise ... ive already lined up another car sure . im waiting for my solicitor to contact me in the morning ....

If this is going legal, shouldn't you refrain from commenting on it in public forums? You may prejudice your case.

Who's to say someone from Autoexchange isn't reading this thread and planning their response to you before you've even had the chance to get all your bits in order?

-Chris- wrote: »
    If this is going legal, shouldn't you refrain from commenting on it in public forums? You may prejudice your case.

Who's to say someone from Autoexchange isn't reading this thread and planning their response to you before you've even had the chance to get all your bits in order?
    You can be sure nobody at the level he's dealt with so far is reading this Chris.

it dont matter who reads it , the car is going back and theres f all they can do about it ..... the solicitor is drafting a letter with the legislation on it , and the reason for the return .

ive to get a report done from a mechanic stating the car has been crashed before and about paint , wing etc. and get it signed

its for the finance company more than anything else as i dont want this to blacken my name.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

so you knew it was a pile of ****e yet you were on here driving the hole out of her and bragging about the times you were clocking. roll on sept when the children go back to school.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I hope it works out for you OP, and that your next car doesn't also get 5 seconds slower in it's 0-60mph time during your ownership.

News just in
    Was in there this morning,You'd never know AutoXchange were ever there only for the signs on the building,Everything,Stock,offices the lot cleared out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,096 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

steve06 wrote: »
    I've also lost sympathy but just to get back to the point above - check who the loan is repayable too, because they're gone now aren't they? ;)

It looks as though it's just their Naas branch that have closed, so the company still exists, the loan would be still be payable to them. On the positive side, they'd still be responsible for dealing with the return of the car.

If the company had gone bang, there would probably a liquidator that would be chasing up debts, so assuming the loan was documented, it could be repayable to them. I'm not sure if they'd be liable for taking the car back for a refund, though.

phutyle wrote: »
    It looks as though it's just their Naas branch that have closed, so the company still exists, the loan would be still be payable to them. On the positive side, they'd still be responsible for dealing with the return of the car.
    If the company had gone bang, there would probably a liquidator that would be chasing up debts, so assuming the loan was documented, it could be repayable to them. I'm not sure if they'd be liable for taking the car back for a refund, though.

• They didnt go bang they just closed their Naas branch.
    • They are still looking after the car.
    • The loan is owed to a finance company,Not AutoX.
    • The manager of Naas has moved to another branch.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement