Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Central heating/gas boiler issues

Options
  • 29-06-2009 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Well its probably a simple issue but with my basic knowledge on central heating i cant figure it out.

Basically there is air in the central heating sytem that is drivin me nuts.

We have the thermostats turned off o that the boiler only heats the water. Now the problem is that there is air in the system that basically gets sloshed from the hot water cylinder back to the boiler and visa versa.

Now i can trap the air in the heat exchanger by turning off the heating when the air goes into the cylinder . anyway i tried to then only turn on the radiators up stairs and divert the air to the highest radiator and bleed from there.

but wheni open the bleed valve no air seems to com out . not even water.

I know the pressure is also a bit low in the system its at about .8 bar.

is there anyway to increase the pressure to force this air out?

or is that how it works? driving me nuts . i noticed oon my boiler that on the pump there was a little plastic screw valve . that was opened and there was signs of water evaporation around that. is that the source of the air?

anyway any suggestions would be great.

Advertisement