Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flight question cork to dublin

Options
  • 29-06-2009 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭

Sorry if i have put this in wrong place.Did'nt know where else to get a answer.Problem we have a same day return flight book for tommrow my sister went to look for her passport can't find it!!Is there any way she can fly tommrow?Any tips/help would be very good
    thanks.
    edit flight is with Ryanair which makes problem worse

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

With Ryanair online-checkin it's passport only (for Irish people).
    Ryanair is now online-check in only.

Sorry :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Itried entering her drivers lience and they accepted it but will we get caught at boarding?

I'm not sure what you want?

Go get an emergency passport if you can arrange it between now and then.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Ham Sandwich

you can choose online the type of id you will use AFAIK, i remember last month using my drivers licence, typed in the number on it,used my passport on the day though...does she know her passport number for the online check in perhaps?

Did you read my links at all?
    THE ONLY FORMS OF TRAVEL DOCUMENTS ACCEPTED ON RYANAIR FLIGHTS ARE:

* A valid passport – ( see below - */and ** below)
    * A valid National Identity Card issued by the government of a European Economic Area (EEA) country. (Only the following EEA countries issue National Identity Cards acceptable for carriage on Ryanair flights: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Italy, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Malta, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland)
    * A valid German Government issued Kinderausweis travel document
    * A valid Italian Certificato Di Nascita which has been endorsed as "VALIDO PER L'ESPATRIO" valid for travel and signed by "IL QUESTORE". It is the passenger's personal responsibility to ensure that this document meets the requirements of immigration and other governmental authorities at the destination airport - see ** below.
    * A valid UN Refugee Convention Travel Document – (issued in accordance with Article 28(1) of the 1951 UN Convention, by a Government in place of a valid passport.)
    * A valid Convention Travel Document – (issued in accordance with Article 27 of the 1954 UN Convention for Stateless Persons, by a contracting state in place of a valid passport)

The only one which applys to Irish citizens is a passport.

Ok lots of mix ups thanks for your replie's Random,I tried entering her drivers number in passport section.They accepted it now we have problem of what to produce in the morning.Flight is at 8 am sorry emergency passport is out of question.I know things look bad but just wanna know is there any "loop hole":D
    A valid driving licence with photo is an accepted travel document on domestic flights but can only be used if checking in at the airport. A driving licence is NOT accepted when using online check-in

PLEASE NOTE – passengers making new bookings from the 20th May 2009 onwards will no longer be able to select to check-in at the airport and therefore will be unable to book flights and use their driving licence as photo-id.

From the 1st October 2009 driving licences will NO LONGER be an acceptable travel document on Ryanair flights
    note last paragraph october 2009 no licence's accepted it's now june?

note last paragraph october 2009 no licence's accepted it's now june?
    That's because some people still have prebooked flights with airport checkin I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

My understanding is that any flights made after May 20, are passport only, whereas bookings made prior to that date, Drivers Licence will be accepted up until October for airport check-in, but not for online checkin.

• Advertisement

Thanks for all the replies guys.We go on plane yesterday no problem's:D

You brought your drivers license?

Advertisement