Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which version of this photo do you prefer. All comments and critiques welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭daycent

Hi Barry,

I would go with number one. Have you tried a slight CW rotation? There seems to be a purplish hue in the second one near the top of the fountain. Have you tried a B&W conversion of that one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭TheNorthBank

I'm no expert Barry but my eye likes #1 better. Maybe I have a crooked eye? I just think it looks more realistic. In the second one the glow around the top of the fountain really stands out and thats whats putting me off that shot. Can you see the glow I'm talking about, contrasting with the sky? Or is that my crooked eye again?? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭TriceMarie

I prefer the first one!
    I like the kind of "heroic" angle lol:p
    Or as they say in intermission "mythic shot" lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,275 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

First by a mile... even though they're both clearly heavily post-processed, the second looks like it's been over-processed in search of some sort of 'perfect photo' whereas the first is sublime :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Second for me. can't say why, maybe the sky but I much prefer it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭pft

Definitely the first one for me, both from a composition point of view and better processing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

#1 for me, but i think the water is overpowering in both shots.

i prefer the weird angle in #1 - it gives it that added something to the image. I also prefer the headroom that you have in the first. #2 is cropped a little too tight for my liking.

the colour saturation in both is great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭TheNorthBank

Would love to see them side by side with the originals if you felt like posting them in the "Before and After" thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055596074

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭KarmaGarda

I'm going for the first for #1 simple reason. For me the fountain sits too high on #2. Either slightly futher out and showing more sky or at a steeper angle to again reveal more sky.

Advertisement